Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

If you can build your UU, in general, you haven't had your GA.

Also, if you run the utility program CRpViewer on your game, it will show when the Golden Age started and ended, if it did actually occur. :)

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but what are the Team Colors for each Civ? I play C3C, btw.

The reason I ask is the last game I played I was the Americans (light blue) and right next to me were the Mayans (also light blue). When I looked at the mini-map, I couldn't see where my territory ended and Maya's started.

If I had a list of the Civ's colors, I could pick AI opponents with different colors.

Many thanks in advance. :D

Well you can use the f8 key and select scores and you will see all the known civs and what color they are. You could look for the Palettes folder and it has the colors. You can find a number of mods that will set the colors to be unique for all 30 potential nation, rather than what you get by default.

That is dups for colors.

The Dutch Swiss Mercenary is replaced by the rifleman. So only if you researched Nationalism (or later Rep. Parts) AND had your Golden Age, you won't be able to build the SM anymore.

Some UU's can be built for a long time after your GA, until their replacement arrives. I meant to add that these are exceptions to the method I mentioned. I figured that not everyone can or wants to run a helper program, so give a method not dependent on those to be present.

So, if you can build your UU before & after your GA, and until a replacement arrives, how do you know you've had your GA? :confused:

What I would like to know is, how do you not know you have had a GA, if you did have one? It last 20 turns, you get a huge boost in production and research and the map thing in the lower right says you are in a GA for the entire 20 turns, how do you miss that?

Easy. If you have multiple games going, or you take a break for a while and come back to the game.

Does air superiority missions work on fighters based on carriers?

I recently placed a stack near an enemy stronghold. Waited till the Carrier moved into position, woke up the fighters and give them their orders but in the IBT, the stack got bombed, and no fighters came to intercept.

In theory it should work, I just have not used it many times to actually see it occur.

@dexters: yes, they should be able to intercept from a carrier if you set them to air superiority.

Turns out hadn't had my GA. Used my UU to bash a an injuryed bad guy and popped it.

Have almost hand built a wonder was aiming for Newton's but got a few techs from a peace deal and was looking at JS Bachs. Never built it before, but looking at it now and two less unhappy people per city on the contient (just cleared my largish island) seams like a really good deal. I only have two home lux's, my fleet is about ready to go get some more but it still seams like a good deal.

Does it work in towns or is the catch that it is only for city sized habitates, and if so when does that kick in. Size 6 or 12?

@dexters: yes, they should be able to intercept from a carrier if you set them to air superiority.

In theory it should work, I just have not used it many times to actually see it occur.

Thanks to both of you.

I just found out something interesting. Air superiority does not work on the tile the airplane is stationed on. So if a city is being bombed, it will need aircraft stationed nearby to intercept or the flak to intercept or the planes will be destroyed as air rates target planes first over any land units.

The same concept works for carrier based planes, except it will depend on the stack's AA defense, to intercept or nearby planes from land or another carrier.

Top Bottom