Quick Modding Questions Thread

I think you have to replace instead of delete
But what do I replace then, considering I don't want there to be a RegionalRange of any sort?

Have you tried putting in 0?

I strongly suspect that wouldn't be a complete solution. For example, if you were to become suzerain of Mexico City, wouldn't the range then become 3?

I'm trying to create a civ Unique Ability which renders units/improvements immune to some weather effects. I'm trying to model this after Russia's "Mother Russia" trait. I can't find anywhere in the base/DLC files where this is actually accomplished!

Can someone please point me towards the file/code location where Mother Russia is granted blizzard immunity for units?

Thanks!

I'm trying to create a civ Unique Ability which renders units/improvements immune to some weather effects. I'm trying to model this after Russia's "Mother Russia" trait. I can't find anywhere in the base/DLC files where this is actually accomplished!

Can someone please point me towards the file/code location where Mother Russia is granted blizzard immunity for units?

Thanks!
DLC/Expansion2/Data > Expansion2_Civilizations.xml
Search TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_MOTHER_RUSSIA. There's modifier TRAIT_BLIZZARD_PREVENTION_SIGNIFICANT plus 3 more.
Same file contains code to prevent specific random event, you'd have to look elsewhere for all possible keywords other than the Blizzard.

DLC/Expansion2/Data > Expansion2_Civilizations.xml
Search TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_MOTHER_RUSSIA. There's modifier TRAIT_BLIZZARD_PREVENTION_SIGNIFICANT plus 3 more.
Same file contains code to prevent specific random event, you'd have to look elsewhere for all possible keywords other than the Blizzard.
Thank you! I don't know how I missed that!

I'm tinkering with starting mod writing and was try to give the seastead an additional adjacency as practice. I wasn't able to, but the other part of the mod works (giving settlers more movement). Can anybody spot the issue, I haven't been able to get any other improvement adjacencies working either, so I think the tables I'm updating might be wrong. Here's a paste bin

EDIT: I got the adjacency to show up in civlopedia and when I go to place the seastead in the tooltip, but it won't show up on the map, and doesn't affect my income. Here is a screenshot of the completed improvement, and here is a screenshot of the improvement placement tooltip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom