Quick Modding Questions Thread

not understanding why this is not working. Specifically am I using the update or where command wrong?

Code:
<GameData>
    <Buildings>
        <Update>
        <!--Science-->
            <Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_LIBRARY"/>
            <Set Maintenance = "10"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_UNIVERSITY"/>
            <Set Maintenance = "20"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_MADRASA"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_RESEARCH_LAB"/>
            <Set Maintenance = "30"/>

<!--CULTURE-->
            <Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_AMPHITHEATER"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_MUSEUM_ART"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_MUSEUM_ARTIFACT"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_BROADCAST_CENTER"/>
            <Set Maintenance = "30"/>

<!--FAITH-->
            <Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_SHRINE"/>

<Where BuildingType = "BUILDING_TEMPLE"/>

</Update>
    </Buildings>
</GameData>
I believe that you can´t make multiple updates in a <Update> clause. Just in SQL.
Rean is correct. In XML, update statements must be as:
Code:
<GameData>
	<Buildings>
		<!--Science-->
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_LIBRARY"/>
			<Set Maintenance="10"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_UNIVERSITY"/>
			<Set Maintenance="20"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_MADRASA"/>
			<Set Maintenance="20"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_RESEARCH_LAB"/>
			<Set Maintenance="30"/>
		</Update>
		<!--CULTURE-->
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_AMPHITHEATER"/>
			<Set Maintenance="10"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_MUSEUM_ART"/>
			<Set Maintenance="20"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_MUSEUM_ARTIFACT"/>
			<Set Maintenance="20"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_BROADCAST_CENTER"/>
			<Set Maintenance="30"/>
		</Update>
		<!--FAITH-->
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_SHRINE"/>
			<Set Maintenance="10"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_TEMPLE"/>
			<Set Maintenance="20"/>
		</Update>
	</Buildings>
</GameData>
  • You can specify multiple conditions in a single "Where" clause such as
    Code:
    <Where BuildingType="BUILDING_SHRINE" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE"/>
    When a table like Building_YieldChanges can have more than one row that matches to a desired "BuildingType", but for primary tables such as "Buildings" or "Units" there is no need for more than one condition in the "Where" clause.
  • You can also specify multiple "Set" values within a single Update, such as this
    Code:
    <Update>
    	<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_SHRINE"/>
    	<Set Maintenance="10" Cost="1" />
    </Update>
  • The indents do not matter but are easier in my opinion to read the code. The game's XML parser however seems not to like spaces when xml code is presented like this
    Code:
    BuildingType = "BUILDING_MADRASA"
    and seems to prefer
    Code:
    BuildingType="BUILDING_MADRASA"
    Theoretically this should not matter for XML code but I've found the game often does parse such correctly so you are better off when using XML to get in the habit of not leaving spaces between the Column-Name, the = sign, and the opening " symbol for the value.
Do you edit vanilla data or a seperate mod ? If it is a mod, then it may help to change the id in the modinfo. I had a similar problem, and I believe some things are getting cached. If you change the id in the modinfo, you have to turn the mod on again. If you mod vanilla data, then there are some cost updates in dlc data area too.
Changing the Mod ID only seems like it works. It does not actually provide a permanent solution. This is because changing the mod ID makes the game see the mod as new, and therefore enabled most-recently in the list of enabled mods. All other things being equal and no LoadOrder values being provided for Actions, the most-recently enabled mod will load last when a new game is started but not necessarily when a saved game is reloaded. There are no 'caching' issues related to the game's database -- it is rebuilt entirely every time the game is loaded or when a player returns to the game's main menu and then reloads a save or starts a new game. Any previous version of the database in the 'Cache' folder is eliminated by this process and an entirely new database is created.

As noted by others, the reason @benjidahl was not seeing the expected behavior is that the expansions rewrite major portions of the game's code after all the code from the Vanilla base game files load into the database. So editing the original Firaxis-supplied files for the Vanilla expansion will often not work when running Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm because the expansions over-ride what was in much of the Vanilla files. This is yet another reason why directly-editing the game's original files is not much recommended. An additional issue with editing the game's original files is that game-patches and updates often download entirely new versions of the base and expansion files, so all changes made by a user directly in these files go *poof* when this occurs.

UpdateDatabase and other actions in mods need to have a LoadOrder setting as part of the Action's Properties in order to ensure the files listed within the action load into the game's code, text, icon, etc., databases after the expansions. I usually recommend a LoadOrder value of at least 300 since Firaxis in some of the Scenarios uses load order values of 100, and as I recall at one point some of the 'normal' code was using LoadOrder values of 200 (though these "200" values have been removed and only the scenarios currently use LoadOrder values higher than "0").

not understanding why this affects all tiles in the city rather than just wheat tiles.

Code:
<GameData>
    <Modifiers>
        <Replace ModifierId = "WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" ModifierType = "MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId = "FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT"/>
    </Modifiers>

<ModifierArguments>

<Replace ModifierId = "WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" Name = "YieldType" Value = "YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId = "WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" Name = "Amount" Value = "2"/>

</ModifierArguments>

<RequirementSets>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementSetId = "FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT" RequirementSetType = "REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>
    </RequirementSets>

<RequirementSetRequirements>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementSetId = "FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT" RequirementId = "REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT"/>
    </RequirementSetRequirements>

<Requirements>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementId = "REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" RequirementType = "REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES"/>
    </Requirements>

<RequirementArguments>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementId = "REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" Name = "ResourceType" Value = "RESOURCE_WHEAT" />
    </RequirementArguments>

<BuildingModifiers>
        <Replace BuildingType = "BUILDING_GRAINMILL" ModifierId = "WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" />
    </BuildingModifiers>

Before doing anything else, get rid of all the spaces between the Column Names, the = sign, and the opening " for the argument-data.

As mentioned in my post right above yours, having spaces in these positions sometimes causes the game to not correctly parse an XML file.

Also, since "REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" already exists as part of the game, you do not need to redefine it nor should you. You can just list it as a Requirement in table RequirementSetRequirements.

How do you all "test" your mods? I'm thinking along the lines of like, testing game speed/research time/era timing tweaks and other stuff like late game units, etc.

Is there a way to like, let a game run overnight with all AI players and check it in the morning to see how the eras shook out? Or do you really just have to stick it out and play full games? I had things timed nicely with a tweak of zee's eras but it collapsed completely when I went from Online speed to Marathon

This is a general question too - any fast testing methods of other non-era/timing mods welcome as well, since I'm messing with other things too

Before doing anything else, get rid of all the spaces between the Column Names, the = sign, and the opening " for the argument-data.

As mentioned in my post right above yours, having spaces in these positions sometimes causes the game to not correctly parse an XML file.

Also, since "REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" already exists as part of the game, you do not need to redefine it nor should you. You can just list it as a Requirement in table RequirementSetRequirements.
done still getting same error where everything is giving +2 food.

Use "RESOURCE_IS_WHEAT" as your SubjectRequirementSetId. It already does exactly what you want to do and is already a working part of the game.

I don't see anything else fundamental that you would be doing wrong. The code is nearly identical to that I've used myself. The only difference is in the names of the RequirementSets and Requirements that I used where I made my own custom ones.

Would need to see the mod itself to be able to tell anything further.

How do you all "test" your mods? I'm thinking along the lines of like, testing game speed/research time/era timing tweaks and other stuff like late game units, etc.

Is there a way to like, let a game run overnight with all AI players and check it in the morning to see how the eras shook out? Or do you really just have to stick it out and play full games? I had things timed nicely with a tweak of zee's eras but it collapsed completely when I went from Online speed to Marathon

This is a general question too - any fast testing methods of other non-era/timing mods welcome as well, since I'm messing with other things too
Generally we either use a customized "cheat" mod to help set up the needed testing conditions (which was the BirthConcept for my Really Advanced Setup Lite mod from before the SDK was available) or else we use the SDK's Firetuner/Livetuner tool to give ourselves the necessary techs, civics, units to make tests. The "tuner" is often referred to as either the Livetuner or the Firetuner but it is the same thing being talked about. One issue with the LiveTuner is that it is an lua-based system and so does its "thing" via lua, which for parts of the game does not quite correctly implement when stuff is given directly from the Tuner tool. So we often give ourselves all the techs or civics needed except the one we are interested in making tests with (for example making sure learning the tech properly gives the ability to train a new unit, etc.). This method of testing will almost never tell you anything useful about game balance and the like however, so all you would be using it for is to check that the unit/building/policy, whatever, is functioning correctly as coded rather than whether or not the "thing" you have added is crazy Overpowered or pointlessly Underpowered. For balance there's no real good substitute for playtesting in my opinion.

Tech naming error. But I can't really figure out why?

upload_2020-6-10_0-43-13.png

I've reviewed my TechnologyText.xml and I see nothing particularly worng. What did I msis??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DovEQvp9aP3sPZzLasEYwlOjnAnBCMG/view?usp=sharing

Can't access anything at the link.

But the result you are getting indicates a localization LOC_KEY does not exist either anywhere in the localization database or for the language you are running. A syntax or other error such as a copy/paste mistake in the name of the LOC_KEY is the most common cause. But also forgetting to add an UpdateText action will cause what you are seeing.

OK This is the content indicated in this error.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText -->
<!-- Author: Lonecat Nekophrodite -->
<!-- DateCreated: 2/8/2020 3:58:59 PM -->
<GameData>
   <BaseGameText>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_NAME" >
           <Text>Nautical Science</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE">
           <Text>Have the Naval Tradition civic.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE">
           <Text>The teachings from your sea quests and naval tradition have inspired a renewed interest in sea exploring in your realm.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>It is nowadays widely accepted that Portuguese were the founders of nautical science. Before their time maritime enterprise had been conducted largely by private individuals or by small companies of adventurers; as few as these men recorded their undertakings, kept logs or drew charts, their experiences had little or no cumulative value and generation is ignorant as its predecessor. So long as their seafaring activities were confined to Mediterranean and adjacent waters, navigation “by God and by guess”, although attended by grave risks, served them well enough.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>But when, in the early years of 15th century, men began to plan the maritime exploration of the unknown Torrid Zone and the Southern Hemisphere, it became clear that empiricism in nautical matters could not be relied upon. The rise of nautical science in Portugal was the logical outcome of the needs created by these expeditions.</Text>
       </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Men began to plan the maritime exploration of the unknown Torrid Zone and the Southern Hemisphere." [NEWLINE]– Great Explorer Duarte Pacheco Pereira</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"Times change, as do our wills, What we are - is ever changing; All the world is made of change, And forever attaining new qualities." [NEWLINE]- Luis Vaz de Camões</Text>
       </Row>

<!-- New Technology-->
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_NAME" >
           <Text>Plate Armor</Text>
       </Row>       
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Confidence is armor you cannot buy." [NEWLINE]–  Jeffrey Fry </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"Armor is heavy, yet it is a pround burden, and a mand standeth straight in it." [NEWLINE]- Mark Twain </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Armor exists since the first warriors came to be, as a fighting man sought the means to witstand beatings or to protect his skin against sharp objects, and evolves not only with better materials became available, but also a variety of methods to make the best works out of materials, and tools to do so. Earliest metal armors, either made of copper, bronze or iron, were made out of a collection of metal shards either shaped in rectangular or demicircles placed either next to each other, or slightly overlapings just like a fish scale, then secured into a sheet of cloth or leather that covers either human torsos, waists, shoulders, other parts, or even horses!. These armors are stronger than leather ones, but weak spots can be easily probed due to the large numbers of jointings. Shortly it was discovered that a continious metal pieces are harder to probe. But these armors required skill armorsmiths to forge ones because these armors are needed to fit the wearers perfectly, and armorsmiths must be skillful enough to slam hammers throughout metal pieces evenly to ensure consistent thickness distributions throughout the pieces, not easy ones to do. The first plate armor was Greek musclar cuirasses worn by their Hoplites, and later Macedonian troops under Alexander III 'The Great'. For Roman Legionary after Marian Reforms during the late Republic Era, arms and armors were provided by the government (before then Roman soldiers must provide arms themselves, with their own cashes), so it's not possible to made musle cuirasses to every legionaires, instead Roman armorsmiths designed munition grade armors called Lorica Segmentata (The term is actually Renaissance Latin coined in the 16th Century), consisted of thick stripes overlapping each other, this armor is considered a different kind of plate armor that said to be made by the uses of water powered trip hammer. Plate armor was fell out of use after the fall of Roman Empire, the Persians however continued to use similar armor for their heavy cavalry until the fall of Sassanid Empire. Plate armor did returns in the 13th Century where techniques to make metal plates with consistent thickness was rediscovered, and plate armors of this era weren't just cuirasses and tassles, but also designed to completely enclosed wearers with minimal skin exposures. Like Hoplites of the Classical Era, these armors were made to order, and only knights and noblemen were wealthy enough to order a full set of plate armor, these kind of armor were a distinctions between Cataphracts and Knights. Around this time, Plate Armor for horses were also made for knights steeds.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>The widespread uses of full plate armor amongs knights (mounted or not) in the 13th Century, and shortly later, lowly infantrymen under iron breastplates (of munition grades of course!) called for weapon designs and skills to use different weapons just to defeat fully armored opponents, when normal swords require skills to probe the armor's weakness or soft spots and immediate strikes. Bigger 'Great Swords' which were two-handed weapons were developed to perform such anti-armored attacks better, or with wielders fully armored because it is safer to wield great swords when a wielder is cladded in thick plate armor. Big Axes were known to return as it could chop into armor better with full swing. If tearing open armor with blades were difficult, there's also a possibility to harm armored opponents without having to cut him a wound, use raw blunt impacts to either hurt him with strong shock, or to turn his advantages against him, knock him down so he won't be easy to stand up due to the immense armor weights. Maces, Flails and Hammers were also an ideal weapons against armored opponents. Also Armor-piercing arrowheads were developed along with the introduction of Eastern ingenuity--crossbows--which were easier to use and train, but requires ironworking skills to make a strong springs for crossbows and different cocking devices, the other ingenuity that  arrived a century later was gunpowder. But weaponization processes are a series of trial and errors. Until such advanced weapons becomes available (or when there's no visible trends leading that way) one must make bests out of the existing devices--tactics are alternatives. While Knights in heavy armor are formidable opponents, they aren't truly invincibles in every curcumstances, nor number of armored knights are leverages. In 25th October 1415, Henry V led an army of less than 10,000 men, mainly consisted of Longbowmen, against numerically superior French, the 5/6 of King Henry V's army consists of longbowmen while the rest was dismounted knights, while French deployed about the same number of archers (around 5,000 men) and many more knights, Outnumbered, Henry V used the terrain advantages--muddy grounds-- to set up killing zones where his longbowmen did the best job, in this terrain, knights from all sides had to fight dismounted, in muddy grounds, armor is a hinderance rather than useful, heavily armored knights falling into muddy grounds were totally vulnerable (to the point that 'he's the dead man') and his armored friends couldn't assists. This contributed to high casaulties on French sides, and thus earned Henry V a victory, The Battle of Agincourt expressed the importances of tactics and revealed the weakness of armored fighting men. </Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Gunpowder, which discovered in China, arrived in Europe in the 13th Century, had been weaponized in various ways, firsts to demolish fortress walls by using its very explosive nature, then use the powder blasts to hurl objects forward, initially to hurl an iron-shaft fire arrows at the city gates or enemy troops using a thick cast iron vase (vasa or pote de fer) as a launching equipment, shortly a family of bombards made of forged iron barrels, then culverins, and came handgonnes. This first personal hand held cannons were unwieldy and not so accurate, but able to hurl lead balls a size of a man's thumb at high speed, enough to punch through full plate armors. Handgonnes of these types saw a considerable uses in the Hundread Years war alongside conventional weapons of the time, In 1411 handgonnes began to have longer barrel and came with triggers and serpentines (to hold hot matches) and the earliest arquebuses came to exists, the new weapon proliferated and slowly evolved and so did armor, emphasis on armor designs now went to the bulletproof ability. Chainmails that covered the soft spots and usually wore under the plate suit eventually faded out (though Spanish Conquistadores still used them in their conquests of Mesoamerican Empires and their exploration quests in Continental Americas), Iron boots and gauntlets slowly dissappeared, the thickness and steel quality however became more of emphasis, and armor proofings became a customary process, done by shooting a pistol (or arquebus!) at the breastplate piece and check what a bullet does to the armor (whether did it punch a hole through or leaving some dents before bouncing offs). If the bullet did't penetrate the armor further earns decorations around the dent and thus delivered. if penetrated, the armor will return to the furnace to be remake anew and proofed again. Also around this time. the 'munitions grade' armor (which were inferior and provides protection against basic attacks) appears, which reflects the return of centralized governments to Western Europe since the Fall of Roman Empire (or Carolingian Empire) where state-owned arsenals came to exists. Munition grade weapons and armor were, just like the Old Rome, belonged to states and equipped common troopers (which usually a levied peasantry). As for the knights, once a personal property of feudal overlords or members of semi-independent knightly orders, were reformed as a part of Royal Armies and reorganized either as Demi-Lancers ,Gendarmerie, or Pistoliers (whom made uses of 'pistols' indeed, but their pistols were bigger than modern Magnum pistols), they too became Cuirassiers in mid 17th Century which their 'armor' now consisted only a breastplate (Cuirass) and (maybe) helmets. By the 18th Century even the numbers of Cuirassiers declined (In some countries, Cuirassiers also served solely as elite guards), and a new breed of 'Heavy Cavalry' (whom emphasized purely on offensive powers--charging with heavy horse and saber rattlings with no regards to armors) also appeared around this time, though Cuirassiers did see returns in Napoleonic Era, the unit fell out of favor by the mid Industrial Era where rifled muskets, and eventually breech loading rifles became common weapons, around this time, Armor was considered obsolete. The Bessemer Steel however would eventually revived plate armor several decades later as TNT-based shrapnel shells fired from rifled quick firing artillery pieces raised concerns were proven an overkill in the Western Front, interests in body armor was renewed and by 1915 France introduced Adrian Helmet (which based on Cuirassier helmets with combs to deflect sharpnel shards), shortly after British introduced 'kettle' brody helmet which further simplified Adrians, and Germans took the Sallet designs (which appeared at the Late Medieval Era) to make their 'Steel Helmets', these helmets were designed so to protect wearers against debris and flying shards due to artillery barrage (But not artillery shells themselves) but the earn maximum protection, wearer must duck inside a dugout, also specialized assault troops called 'Shock Troops' were supplied with breast plates made of Bessemer steel and pained in the same color scheme as helmet the units wore. The high demand on steel however limited the numbers of breastplates which leaves only helmets a standard 'armor' for common soldiers (the United States even experimented on a full plate armor that looks similar to Knights Armor). The rise of Aviation and Anti-Aircraft warfare led to the designs of FlaK ammunitions, in the 1940s the new FlaK armor was made for US Army Air Corps bomber pilots as a protection against FlaK shrapnels and flying debris inside cockpit, the Soviets shock troops also made uses of breastplates similar to ones in the First World War. By the end of Second World War, lightweight 'Flak vest' became accepted as standard body armor for common troops, but it won't become so common until Vietnam War in 1960 which USMC issued Flak vests to each and every soldiers serving in the frontlines, which marked the standard transitions towards the truly modern wargear where FlaK Armor became a norm in the following wars. </Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_FIREARMS_NAME" >
           <Text>Firearms</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_FIREARMS_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"A friend of mine told me to shoot first and ask questions later. I was going to ask him why, but I had to shoot him." [NEWLINE]– John Wayne</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_FIREARMS_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." [NEWLINE]- Al Capone </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_FIREARMS">
           <Text>Build an Armory.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_FIREARMS">
           <Text>Your men at the armory are fashioning a new weapon that will devastate opponents.</Text>
       </Row>

<Text>"A friend of mine told me to shoot first and ask questions later. I was going to ask him why, but I had to shoot him." [NEWLINE] – John Wayne</Text>
       </Row>
           <Text>"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." [NEWLINE] - Al Capone </Text>
       </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Gunpowder had been weaponized soon after its accidential inceptions in China by the 9th Century led to its perfect formulization two centuries later. Different methods to weaponize gunpowder were applied extensively, one such weaponizations was use explosion blasts as means to inflict damage or kill by itself or to fling hard shards at a very high velocity around with potentials to kill, or at least to maim the victims, this weaponization concept led to the creations of explosive shells or grenades that initially delivered by catapults or trebuchets (usually of the Crouching Tiger (Hudunpao) type). The other methods included to use the same blasts to deliver projectiles to target, to achieve this end two different approaches were made; rockets and guns, both of which involved the use of hollow tubes with one end closed and the other open. Rockets attach warheads (either incendiaries or blades) at the closed end of the tube, and inside the tube is filled with gunpowder and saltpeter treated wick is inserted, then the open end is eventually closed with either wood or paper waddings with wick tail visible, the wick is inserted  to channel fire into the powder, created a limited combustion reaction that converted the powder into hot gases that pushed the entire system forwards while the powder is burning, this way rocket moves at the accelerated speeds. Guns, or cannons, on the other end, also used the similar tubes but made of strong metals (usually iron or steel) and much thicker, and with a small hole drilled at the closed end, powder is poured at the open end, then projectiles (either stones or metal balls), then waddings, the wick is inserted at the hole drilled at the end or alternatively a small amount of powder is poured at the same hole (primings), and then light the wick or primed powders to shoot, the blasts quickly throw projectiles outwards and some amounts of blasts jerks back. Early guns were relatively big (and this included Crouching Tiger (also written with the same character as Hudunpao trebuchet)), and shortly after came the handheld versions with rather long shafts, these weapons were called either fire lances, hand cannons, or handgonnes / handguns, usually has short barrel (and relatively poor quality gunpowder requires large amount of powder) and very unwieldy led to the lack of accuracy, according to Song era manuscripts, these weeapons were usually loaded with more shots to function like shotguns (Chinese had already invented scattershots long ago) or a type of flamethrower, not yet a weapon that can replace the existing archery or crossbows of any type, the only good things were these weapons have intimidating thundercracking noise and dragon fire effects, pure psychology against anyone but the braves. Handguns like this one appeared early in Song China in 10th Century AD. And rare chinese samples found its way to Japan shortly later (called Teppo (Iron Catapult)), though these were rare and hardly works against well trained and fearless Samurais. Two centuries ago gunpowder (and its formulae) made the way west through either The Silk Road or through Crusades against Arabians and other Islamic empires and states worked upon gunpowder weapons. Once in European hands, Gunpowder itself was weaponized as soon as Alchemists unlocked its secrets and became serious with this new chemical compounds. In Europe and Eastern Islamic Powers, similar weaponization paths were followed with western siege tactics implemented (where wall breakings and tower topplings are a norm, while oriental siege tactics did not emphasize on sieges beyond wall scalings and try to kill as many defenders without breaking walls and towers, and even these were not recommended in any books). Big Bombards were made with initially iron forgings and proved a success against city walls and castles, and even as defensive weapons against heavily armored knights and foot soldiers, similar successes were repeated with smaller bombards called Culverin, these cannons were quickly miniaturized into handheld versions and unlike in China, these handgonnes were popular even it is very unwieldy, since it was so easy to make (easier than either longbows or crossbows, with relatively low quality irons are sufficient to make ones), and to learn how to use, and with Europeans introduced gunpowder granulation techniques that allowed both safe production of powders and even distribution of mixtures throughout the production lot, also a cracking loud noise and fire flash each handgun creates when fired is, by that time, intimidating, this could even unhorse a knight on his mount, also armor penetration capabilities are impressive, providing that the shot fired from handgun hits an armored combatant, but the weapon is not particularly wieldy because a shooter had to tuck this handgun under his arm or armpit tight with one hand and the other to hold a glowing or smoldering match and plug its glowing end into primed touchhole, so the effective range and accuracy is very low compared to decade-trainings in archery and expensive but ease of use crossbows. Also operator has to be very careful handling red hot match not to touch gunpowder containment units he or anyone next to him carries with. Perhaps combining crossbow trigger with cheap iron handgun will allow easier uses of handguns.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>Eventually, around 1411 crossbow trigger lever is added to the gun, but instead of holding and releasing crossbow strings, this trigger piece is S shaped with a clamp at one end which looks like snake (hence the name 'serpentine'), this piece is  bolted to the gun stock at its center on the right hand side, , burning match is to be inserted into the serpentine clamp located above, also a touchhole is drilled in the same side as the serpentine and had a small iron pan extruded out for priming powder to be poured in, this pan (priming pan) has a built in lit that can either open or close the pan either by sliding or swinging. this protects primer from weather and untimely contact with hot match (and dust clogging). This basic mechanism allows handguns easy aiming (And thus better hitting chance) and slightly increased handling safety, this is where the 'firearms' began. These earliest firearms are called 'Arquebus' which got the name from a corruptions of a german word 'Hakenbuchse' which was a type of fortress small arms that comes with an underside hook to brace it against the walls, the hook also served a secondary function in melee combat (proto bayonet) though such functions were not really good though, also the first to have trigger. Over time arquebus earned a flared out buttstock, longer barrel, and ramrod socket at the underside wooden reciever (before then ramrod was stored in accessory pouch and was not mcuh long), also the weapon got the front and back sight and lost the wall hook, in 1475 the lock plate was introduced to house the complex innerworks that connect trigger with backward snapping serpentine (which further put the glowing match away from powder bandoliers, reducing accident risks). Also by the same time, the heavyweight 'Musket' which have better AP properties due to the use of bigger rounds and requires monopoles to support its increased weights due to calibre and lengh but offset with better AP characteristics and longer range was invented by Spanish. was also introduced in the 16th Century AD. These new matchlock weapons quickly replaced Handguns of previous designs, and were amongs the first to mass produced in a state-owned central manufacturing facilities with the use of labour divisions because its popularity granted by relative ease of use and short learning curves o called for the creations of firearms-based government army (which quickly supplanted expensive Feudal Knights and unreliable Peasant levy), where Spain was the first to do so, eventually created Tercio which were basically a formation of combined arms infantry consisting of three different units un one large formation of around 3,000 men; Tercios composed of Swordsmen, Pikemen and Gunmen. Pikemen and Swordsmen formed the square core, while gunmen, which are arquebusiers and musketeers, in this case 'musketeers' or 'musketmen' (means soldiers equipped with heavy firearms and wears minimal armor (or even none!)) positioned by the corner of pike square block, while arquebusiers wears heavier armor (sometimes the same pikemen armor) but wields lighter matchlock guns, were literally formed a rim of pike square. While Swordsmen were included to form offensive power and shiledings similar to Roman Legion, firearms proliferations quickly superseded swordsmen and the trio combinations were now pikemen, arquebusiers and musketeers. This Tercio was developed after a painful lessons learned by Fernandez De Cordoba, the Spanish General in Battle of Seminara in 28th June 1495, his experience figthing against superior Swiss pikemen employed by French enemy and the French Gendarmerie (The earliest unit of French Royal 'Standing Army' created by King Charles VII after his bad experiences using knights, peasant levy and mercenaries, none of which were reliable, Gendarme of the 15th-16th Century were actually heavy cavalry in the same knight heavy armor and weapons with their horses armored in the same degree and came from knight estate but bound to the King rather than sworn local overlords or being overlords themselves, in another words 'Royal Knights') did not fear guns nor could be easily stopped by bullets! (this was when early 'muzzleloading' firearms revealed its soft spot... low rate of fire and inadequate accuracy) so these seemilngly 'medieval knights' still ran over over Spanish handgunners. Around the same time The rise of Ottoman Empires came a neccessary for European merchantmen to seek a new and safe trade route to the East (India and China primalily) without passing those extorting Muslim overlords or getting risks getting robbed by corsairs (which usually sponsorized by Ottoman overlords and vassalages around Mediterranean and elsewhere), and such quests eventually proved two things; 1) There's a large landmass wests of Atlantic and 2) The Earth is not flat, but round. These explorers brough armed guards with them, each equipped with either classic melee weapons (swords, axes, spears, pikes, and maybe others), crossbows, and / or firearms! </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Outside Europe, Natives experienced those visitors and their new weapon variously, South American natives, particularly EVERY Mesoamerican empires still exists at the end of 15th Century AD fell victim to Spanish semi-organized adventurers dubbed 'conquistadores', whom not only armored, but also armed with superior weapons--firearms, swords, spears, and lances, and also came with horses, these things were not availabe in Mesoamerican empires. Portugese rushed to this new continent to the lands full of parrots, explored a network of large rivers, one portugese explorers encountered (And ambushed by) a tribe of fierce female warriors whom combat skills outmatched any mesoamerican soldiers, portugese arquebusiers accompanying these explorers found themselves at difficulty fighting them, these experiences paralleled to Mythical Amazons found in Old Greek lores (these mythical Amazons were actually Scythians), so came the river names. Moists weathers and frequent rains were not an ideal scenario to use firearms, especially the matchlocks since water can put out glowing matches, and wet gunpowder doesn't set offs when contacted to a naked fire, these contributed to the difficulties expanding or conquering anywhere within Amazon river networks. While Spanish Conquistador went after golden cities. Portugese Bandeirantes (whom also came with guns) went there to claim the lands and, with their bloods and sweats, they settled there, and eventually created a very large single colony in South America for Portugal. While Firearms permits Europeans an edge over Natives and facilitate conquests / colonizations, firearms also bring wealths to Europeans in more honest fashions, there were natives whom fascinated with European new weapons and and impressed when saw those whitemen shoot these guns themselves, smart native leaders realized the powers of white peoples so they sought their way to even the odds, the easiest way to do so is to acquire these new weapons themselves, either by trade, thievery, or reverse engineering. Portugese trade ships added firearms amongs trade goods to exchagne with other goods (particularly rare ones) they want, and many leaders, partucarly those in Asia and Western Africa, were preferred Portugese clients, in Africa, Portugese trade guns with Slaves captured by African  purchaser. In Asia, firearms (and cannons) were , along with other goods particularly from South America, exchangeable with silks, porcelanes and many rare goods predominantly found in Asia (Chinese porcelain and Ayutthaya fragrance woods, for example), except Portugese trade with Japan which appeared in any European World Map in 1543 'by accident'. There weren't much tradeable resources in Japan, and the country itself was embroiled in their Warring States (dubbed Sengoku in Japanese), crews of Portugese trading vessels that made emergency landing in a Japanese isle of Tanegashima (meaning 'long little island' in Japanese) was going on foraging with their guns slung was spotted by Japanese local populace, whom in turn reported their overlord  Tanegashima Tokitaka (1528–1579) what they've seen, a 'giant barbarian with red hair coming with a thundering staff'. The overlord was impressed in that report so he approached these barbarian visitors and saw them effectively hit a mallard with their matchlock guns (Made in Malacca colony, with serpentine facing forwards and short trigger), so he bought a couple of these weapons and ordered his personal blacksmith to make a copy of these weapons. and during the revese engineering process he bought more guns, this because forging a gun barren was a considerably different to forging a 'flexible' Katana swords or Tantou knives. It requires continious hole drillings, something never tried before by any Japanese blacksmith. The needs of firearms and other rare goods from China was a leverage to Portugese to write their trade agreements with Japanese overlords (particularly those with their domain lies in Kyushu region), where Portugese could trade guns and other goods from Ming china with the only liable 'resouces' Japanese have, humans! Portugese bought Japanese slaves and these slaves went wherever Portugese went, including Continential Europe. The other leverage was that Japan (actually any overlords there) has to permit Portugese catholic missions in their domains. This trading agreements continue even at Toyotomi Hideyoshi's disdain at selling their fellow brethren for import luxury at the aid of 'barbarian cults'.  </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_4" >
           <Text>Firearms trade will not be of any use without using the weapons. While firearms of the 16th century had seemilngly reached its final basic overlooks (long slender barrel, monocoque stocks, short triggers), the range and accuracy did not meet expectations from elongated barrel, and even worse, the lengh increased reloding time (muzzleloading was the only option available, breechloading was too dangerous to make with technologies of that time), rifling which came to exists early in this century is an answer to accuracy qestion, but rifling was a tedious process that requires precision, and this marked up weapon pricings. The other alternatives came from tactics--volley fire. Volley fire means that all arquebusiers / musketeers formed a line, aimed every guns at the same targets (enemy formations) and pull trigger simultaneously once target moved to the distances between 50-100 meters (or slightly more in case of heavier guns). this created a combined intimidating noise and in the same time, a rain of musket balls at the enemy, this compensates inaccuracy with number of rounds that there still some chances that the enemy formation will get it (and some men down). To make up with low ROF however, another technique had to be used, successive volley, where seccessive ranks of arquebusiers / musketeers are queued up (usually three to ten ranks deep) with their guns loaded, when front ranks fire, they marched backwards in the queue and reload, the second line step up and so the third, fourth and following lines repeated these stages in successive fashions. Alternatively (particularly in fortified positions), shooters did not need to move, instead just fire and swap guns with the second ranks in successive fasions and reloadings were done at the rear. This technique added rate of fire that one formation could spit at least 2-5 rounds per minutes rather than just one. Still, shooters were not yet be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with a man next to him in the same rank because the weapons were still matchlocks that risks due to accidential contacts with bandolier still persists. These tactics were developed independently in Europe (Particularly Maurice of Nassau), Ming China, and Oda Nobunaga in Battle of Nagashino where his famed Ashigaru equipped with domestically made arquebuses (named after an island where this weapon first appeared, the Tanegashima) made use of 3-rank deep rolling volley behind palisade walls against charging Takeda Katsuyori's cavalry to the great effect. Early firearms shortcomings had created solutions that required coordinations in each units, similar coordinations were extensively executed by Spanish Tercio, where in the same Tercio, musketeer blocks could move indepedently while heavily armored arquebusiers surrounded pike formations and move cohesively with pikemen, and when engaged in combat, Musketeers would fire some shots before moving backwards, then Arquebusiers shoot and quickly retreated inside a pike square to reload and shoot a second shot while standing inside (but not that deep) and pikemen engaged in melee agains either charging cavalry or against enemy pike square, engagin in 'pushs of pikes'. Both of these required not only coordinations, but cohesions as well. This Pike and Shot formations quickly emulated by others shortly after. </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_5" >
           <Text>Firearms continued to evolve beyond 16th Century, the first quests pursue firearms safety operations by trying to get rid of hot matches, and the other was firearms that works in every weather. First such attempts was the introduction of wheel lock firing mechanism, which was the first use if flint and steel ignition systems in firearms, this system was very expensive and thus only a relatively few wheellock guns exists, and these guns usually owned by social elites. The next stage was snap hance, where flint strikes the serrated steel pieces. and sparks fell into priming pan to set off primers, the snaphances were eventually simplified to make flintlock 'fusils' in 1620s. These weapons saw the introduction of screws which were not easily to make, and thus delayed the proliferations of flintlock firearms until the near end of 17th Century, also within this century ironworking techniques and technology allowed guns to be made with less iron than before. This innovations quickly blurred out (and eventually removed) distinctive barriers between arquebuses and muskets, or more precisely the term arquebuses were phased out. Another interesting innovations were the introductions of bayonets, first employed by Basque militia in the southern France during their skirmishes, made by ramming a knife shaft into gun barrel, These technology and innovations eventually sums up in the creations of Linear Infantry, with new generation muskets came with bayonet mounts, and bayonets that can be attached to the mounts without obstructing gun barrels eventually ended the needs of pikemen (or the needs to distinct the two units). Line Infantry stood in close formations like Pikemen, can fight cavalry and melee like pikemen, but can also shoot like musketeers. By the end of 17th Century matchlock firearms were systemically phased out and either replaced by fusils, or upgraded to flintlocks. European traders now sell flintlock guns with bayonets as standard accessories worldwide to other 'non-whites' peoples. These native clients quickly understood how to shoot and reload flintlock guns, but not how to use bayonets, so these new weapons did very little to enhance their armies, as bayonets simply used as a spear tip for spears and pikes for their pike and shot formations instead. In Japan, firearms did not develop beyond matchlock arquebuses of the previous century since Edo Peace rendered firearms development unneccessary. As of others, firearms were still prodominantly muzzle loading smoothbores, the real change however came in 1800 with the discovery of the shock sensitivity of mercury fulminate. This new mercury salt became a new gun primer by 1820 with flintlock clamps became hammer, and priming pans became nipples to seat percussion caps. The true potentials however lies in the shock sensitivity of this new primer itself. Now it is possible to make breech loading firearms that uses metal cartridges and can fire in a completely enclosed ignition systems, and with that 'all weather firing' capability is realized. Such potentials actually exploited by the time of Napoleonic Wars, but no government saw the worths of such potentials until 1948 with Nicholaus von Dreyse introduced Bolt Action 'needle gun', and Berdan Shaps introduced his beach loading guns in the same year, both of which were also rifled. The inceptions of machine tools eventually unlocked mass production of rifles, and even such breech loading weapons, and the first mass production of repeating firearms began in 1836 by Samuel Colt with his 'cap and ball' revolvers manufactured in Hartford Connecticut, the first magazine rifles came in 1860, (Henry, and Spencer, both were of lever actions). These awesome weapons however were not widely adopted until after 1865 due to the very conservative views of General Staffs whom still intoxicated with glorified romances of George Washington, Napoleon Bonaparte, Andrew Jackson, Arthur Wellesley, and even Santa Ana. (Except Prussia which adopted Dreyse rifle in 1851) American Civil War in 1860 began with smoothbore muskets (and some units even used Brown Bess inherited from the Colonial Era uncoverted), with muzzle loading 'Minie Rifles' slowly but steady replaced smoothbores until the very end of the war, In this war also saw the uses of these breech loaders and repeaters among volunteer units, usually led by inventers themselves. but the number was very insignificants. It wasn't until the Battle of Koniggratz in Europe that Breech Loaders are a game changer in 1866 where Prussians won the battle against Austria by the use of Dreyse rifle. The Prussian victory compelled others to switch to breech loading rifles in hurry, where the earliest methods were converting the existing service guns into cartridge based breech loaders, very soon newly designed rifles were adoped and replaced these converted musket rifles. Within a span of just two decades however, these single shot breech loaders were replaced by magazine-based bolt action repeating rifles after the effective uses of Imported Wincester repeating rifles in Third Battle of Pleven by Ottoman defenders against Russian assaults (1 –3 September 1877). The earliest magazine bolt action rifles were the conversions of Mauser Model 1871 in 1884, however the quick loading repeaters were the designs of Mannlicher introduced in 1887 and quickly replicated by others, inclding Mauser in the 1890s. Around the same time, smokeless propellants, repeating shotguns, gas and recoil based machienguns, and magazine based semiautomatic pistols were introduced as well. </Text>
       </Row>
           <Text>These modern weapons of previous paragraphs, along with breech loading quick firing rifled artillery, and the applications of aircrafts in warfare did lead to carnage in the First Great War in 1914-1918, particularly after the German invasions of France was repelled at the Battle of Aisne several weeks after it was begin (See "Unit> Assault Infantry" for more details) called for more compact weapons, including the automatic variants, this neccesssities created by bogged down trench warfare in the Western front led to the designs of, first, squad automatic weapons (light machine guns and automatic rifles respectively), and much later in the war--submachine guns. These weapons returned to homefront just after the war ended at the hands of underworld gangsters, particularly in the United States of America as the Volstead Act came in effect in 28th October 1919 had banned alchohol distribution, human chronic thirsts of alcohol however only pushed the distributions underground, into the hands of organized crime. The demands of alcohols in such manner turned American cities into batlefield of gang wars, and the new inventions that designed for trench warfare in Europe quickly came into handy in cityscapes--The Tommygun. In this era the likes of Sicilian Mafia, Chinese Triads, Irish Mobs and big names like Al Capone were common in the news headlines, Also emerged were partners in crime--Bonny and Clyde, equipped with Browning Automatic Rifles. These bloodbaths lasts for around three decades in the USA (and the effects were worse particularly just after The Great Depressions in 1929, Nine years after Volstead Act was revoked, but alcohol bans were also the State matters that Federal bans only acts as a guidelines, some states still impose such bans for many years and during these years came gun blazings (and a gun inventor, David Marshall Williams, whom invented what that will become M1 Carbine later on), and manpower shifted from businesses and factories into gangs considerably easy). The Depressions spreaded throughout the World within few years and stemmed revolutions, and the rises of extremists, particularly German Fascist Movements, with themselves seized power in 30s came the Germany rearming programs, which assault weapons and light machine guns were heavily emphasized along with newer tanks and planes (as per lessions learned from previous war). Anyone else whom not willing to add SMGs into army chose however SAWs as minimum weapons for rifle squads, some countries even considered semiautomatic rifles as standard infantry weapons, however only the USA finished re equipping their troops with M1 Garand just in time. The next war, began in 1939 fought mainly with lessions learned from previous wars, but new lessions were learned as well particularly combats were fought more densely in both Pacific Jungles and European urbans. the intense urban warfare, particularly in German Invasions of Soviets in 1941 led to the combinations of previous infantry weapons, culminating in the creations of Assault Rifles by the end of the Second World War. Firearms evolution however were slow since then, where changes were rather minor refinements to add edges over the existing edges. No fancy things like lasers or plasma guns came to be even as of now. Military focus however, went onto the tactics however.  </Text>
       </Row>

<!--Updates and Erratas-->
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_STIRRUPS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_STIRRUPS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MILITARY_TACTICS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_MILITARY_TACTICS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MACHINERY" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_GUNPOWDER" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_GUNPOWDER" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_STIRRUPS" Text="Own 3 Heavy Chariots." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_STIRRUPS" Text="As more and more Heavy Chariots are trained, Trainers and pasteur men found out they can ride these horses, the rests are; apparatus to control a horse and keep a rider seated on its back, and bigger horses to support heavily armed and armored rider" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MILITARY_TACTICS" Text="Kill a unit with either a Spearman ,a Heavy Spearman OR a Swordsman." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_MILITARY_TACTICS" Text="Your new foot soldiers are proving effective, but now your opponents are stronger and faster. Perhaps a longer weapon is needed?" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MACHINERY" Text="Own either 3 Archers OR 3 Marksmen." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_PLATE_ARMOR"> <Text>Have the Feudalism civic.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_PLATE_ARMOR"> <Text>The feudal lords in your realm want a champion to defend their lands. Perhaps mounting an armored warrior will do the trick?</Text> </Row>       
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_GUNPOWDER" Text="Train either 3 Catapults OR 2 Trebuchets." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_GUNPOWDER" Text="As you ordered more siege engines, siege engineers also earned insights over siege weaponry, and works began on siege engines that will be superior to these stone throwers." />

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_NAME" >
           <Text>Naval Archetecture</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE">
           <Text>Have the Exploration civic.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE">
           <Text>Seafaring logs and adventure journals had affected ship designers and shipbuilders for their quests of better oceangoing ship designs.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Naval architecture, also called 'Naval engineering', is an engineering discipline branch of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the engineering design process, shipbuilding, maintenance, and operation of marine vessels and structures. Naval architecture involves basic and applied research, design, development, design evaluation (classification) and calculations during all stages of the life of a marine vehicle. Preliminary design of the vessel, its detailed design, construction, trials, operation and maintenance, launching and dry-docking are the main activities involved. Ship design calculations are also required for ships being modified (by means of conversion, rebuilding, modernization, or repair). Naval architecture also involves formulation of safety regulations and damage-control rules and the approval and certification of ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements. Before the foundings of empires or any strong institutions of governments, shipbuildings had always been secrets closely guarded by shipwrights that passed on to generations; from father to sons, from a mentor to apprentices. When the need arises; merchants requests a fleet of freight ships or governments (monarches or elected leaders known by other titles) are prepping for war that involves naval battles, orders were given to shipwrights to make ships of specifications (models, types, capacities, purposes, sizes) under the quantities and timeframes. Shipwrights and assocaiting workmen will be called by authorities to build ships as orders based on each of their knowledges on a given facility (Depending on the state controls). In a large Empires (From Egypt of Antiquity, to Romans, and then Byzantines and China) the controls over shipbuildings were absolute as there were bureaus responsible for shipbuildings and designs and state-owned shipyards, in feudal polities, shipwrights or local governments earned more leverages over such controls, and with high localism so came the trade secrets, particularly with Guilds system in place. One might say the strong Guilds prevented any European countries other than Byzantines and Venice any chance of building a true navy, while Strong Imperial governments permits Byzantines, Venice and China to own a large navy, as the state owned shipyards controls the flows of knowledges regarding to shipbuildings, this was a factor why Zheng He expeditions was possible with Ming Chinese could build a large treasure fleet for.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>In the 15th Century, European countries had restored the concepts of central governments, and began an interests to return to sea. Portugal and Kingdom of Castille (which shortly later formed a core of Spain as we known today) began a quests for alternative east-west trate route after the Fall of Byzantine Empire shut down rendered the existing East-West trade routes unsafe as Ottoman-sponsored corsairs roamed free throughout Mediterraneans, in addition to their desire to run the northern sea lane (and copete with Hanseatic Leagues and other Northern Powers). To this end caravels were built, and newer carracks were evolved to witstand strong Atlantic winds and waves better. The quests not only revealed a new routes, but opportunities for European countries to found an empire by claiming newly found landmasses wests of Atlantic. To this end came the Age of Sails. with more players added to this race also came a broadsides era, where naval combats included the broadside salvoes that aimed at sinking enemy ships, this came a dedicated warship designs of different classes for different purposes, the light, fast 'Cruisers' that could operate independently were made to raid enemy or rival shipping lanes or to combat such piracy or to join battlefleets at the flanks, the heavy 'Ships of the Line' was designed to support as many guns as possible and built to survive a duel with their kinds, the gun weights did slow the ships so they were operated as a fleet. While transports were made to ship freights and passengers across sea lanes and thus owned by merchant navy. Diversity of purposes came diversity of ship designs and models, around the mid 1700s ships began to equipped wiht three or four sails per masts, designs that originated from England, France and Netherlands began to replace older Spanish and Portugese designs of previous century. In 1740 France launched Medee, a 26 gun warship which was considered to be The First True Frigates with the distinct designs that formed basis of any other ships to follow (through one might said that The Dutch was the first to build oceangoing frigates in the mid 1600s), also around the same time the standard Ships of the Line came to exists along with Line of Battle tactics, with standard definitions defined (Two or Three deckers) that Ships of the Line was a strong warship that can support 74 guns, the first "74" ships was launched in France in 1730, then British followed the suit. The 'Second Hundread Years War' between Britain and France spurred naval engineerings which culminated in the Three (or even four) decker ships, the sole survivor from the Age of Enlightenment, the HMS Victory was launched in 1765, also came from the peak of Age of Sail was USS Constitution, also the same ship from 1794, both of which became navy symbols of both respective nations.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Bigger and badder (or better) ships of the lines still continued to be built well into Napoleon's days and even past his era, Britain launched HMS Britania in 1820, around the same time the US Navy finally earned their own Ships of the Line in their poessions--USS Washington (Commissioned 26th August 1815), and France, Valmy in 1847 (probably the last Ships of the Line). The success of Steam Propulsions in 1830s and the introductions of Paixhans guns in 1840s was a sign to the end of the Age of Sail, in Naval Engineering perspective these are just another stages of evolution where The French Navy launched their first steam battleship with the 90-gun 'Le Napoleon' in 1850, Paixhans shells did make even the mightiest wooden Ships of the Line obsolete however as experienced in Crimean War, particularly in the Battle of Sinop (1853) where six Russian Ships of the Line and Two frigates decisively decimated Turkish fleet with the uses of Paixhans guns and its shells. The effect of Paixhans weapon prompted Britain and France to ally with Ottoman Empire against Russian agrression, the Crimean War not only saw the first actions of steam ships in warfare, but also the experimens with iron platings, both of these later became a core concepts of Ironclads which the first specimen, French La Gloire (1858) and British HMS Warrior (1860) came to exists just after the war ended, while both La Gloire and HMS Warrior were still looks like preexisting warships with steam engines fitted and iron platings added, both of these are newly made rather than conversions of sailships. The first truely revolutionized design, also the first naval battles with Ironclads were Battle of Hampton Roads, which began on 8th March 1862 with the Confederacy CSS Virginia conducted a killing spree against the Union wooden warshis which the hopes to end the Union Blockades, on the following day came the first Ironclad clashes, the Union sent USS Monitor--The first warship with main guns mounted on steam powered turret designed by John Ericson (whom joined the Rainhill Race and pitted against Richard Stephenson 31 years earlier) -- to intercept with hopefully to stop that rampage, The battle ended in draw but the era of naval warfare changed overnight, the success of CSS Virginia ended the era of wooden warship definitely, in the same time ushered a ner era of steel and steam powered warships, for the two combatants however, neither survived to the next year as CSS Virginia was destroyed by Confederates to prevent capture after the evactuations of Norfolk on the 11th November 1862, and USS Monitor was sunk by the strong tidal wave on December 31, 1862, none of these two early American ironclads were made seaworthy, nor these were designed like the existing sailships, the USS Monitor's debut laid a new design framework where contral battery turrets were not only included, but became emphasized as the biggest guns were mounted there, even so bigger ironclads were still built as broadside ships (or casemate ships), but with ram bow returned from Antiquity (or the early Renaissance where Flanders war galleons were made with ram bow very similar to Bronze Age mediterranean galleys. The increases in armor platings, and transitions towards all-steel hulls since 1870 also spurred rifled naval guns developments, that the 'main guns' now replace broadside guns and built bigger and longer for central battery turrets, these guns were bigger than the biggest broadside cannons of the Ships of the Line, each ships of that time usually has two turrets, each turret has two guns, the bigger and longer these guns meant better armor penetrations. with this accuracy earned due to riflings, the needs to have multiple gun decks became rater a redundancy, broadsides now acted as either secondary guns or close defense weapons. and number of broadside guns now reduced to less than ten, such decreases in gun numbers were simply offset by armor platings and the newer guns were breech loading rifled cannons, steam engines now became evenmore efficient that it is now possible to run ships entirely under steam so sails were removed, masts however remained to hang signal flags, these turrets are placed one by the forecastle, the other by the aftcastle, the command and control (and cabin) which once located to the rear (aft) now moved to the center, with a towering superstructures added, called 'bridge', there ship captain and helmsman are stationed. These ships of this design --if heavily armored-- were now called 'Battleships', and are successors to Ships of the Line. The earliest steam powered battleships were about the size of 'generic' ships of the line, the first battleship of this kind was HMS Devastation (1871) was the first that has the iconic designs that later called 'Pre-Dreadnough Battleships' and were successors to Ships of the Line. The other post-Ironclad steam warships that shares similar designs but emphasizes on speeds rather than firepower and had weaker armor were called 'Cruisers', these were successors to Frigates. Also the Tall bridge designs were implemented to civilian ships as well, through steam powered civilian ships were now became more distictly designed depending on tasks the ships designed to do; Passenger ships had accommodations for passengers including rooms, canteen (dining area including kitchen), sanitation facility, recreational hall(s), informary, security office, parcel and luggage holds (where Automobiles owned by passengers were stored through the voyage), supply storages and numerous escape boats, the higher more expensive classes werer purely floating hotels. Freight ships now purely have cargo holds and different types of freight ships were made to support different cargoes hauled; Freighters or Cargo Ships were designed for packed goods, Bulker or Bulk Carriers for unpacked, 'fluid' bulk goods like grain, ore, stones, these ships were designed specifically for each different bulk goods these carries, and locally specific; for example Lake Freighters or Lakers are designed specifically to haul Iron and Coal thorugh some models were designed to haul other differen ores mined by the different points of the lake, and the others to haul salts and grains, such designs including loaders and unloaders. These ships were and still are parts of American Midwest Industrial zones since the days Bessemer Process gave birth to American steel industry (and greedy, heartless tycoons). Tankers are for liquid goods came to exists when Petroleum becomes a commodity with the rise of Internal combustion engines (especially the rises of cheap automotives) in the early 20th Century. Also the introduction of Stean Turbines and electricity eventually gave birth to Dreadnoughs, which were faster than any cruisers previously available, yet stronger and more powerful than any battleships that came before, also around the same time Bulbous Bow (Which evolved from Ironclad ram bow) was proven as a means to facilitate ship movement speeds by negating resisting waves. As Newer technology appears so did new approaches towards naval engineerings, not only the shapes, but also inner works, particularly electronics, which leads to Radar and Sonar respectively. Yet Ironically, the 'less serious' activity of life; the entertainment did a serious effects towards naval archetecture as well, particularly the modern ship bridge was more or less influenced by animated cartoons either created or directed by Leiji Matsumoto (25th January 1938--Present) since Space Battleship Yamato (1974, as director hired by Office Academy) and Space Pirate Captain Harlock in 1977 (Original Creator, the animated cartoon was directed by Rin Taro), with iconic feature; a large overhead video display screen. This bridge interior now a common sight in modern ships today.</Text> </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Oddly enough, those things drawn decades ago have become commonplace. For example, when I visited a huge ship at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagasaki, it had the same kind of bridge as Yamato. I asked a young engineer, “How could this be so?”. He said, “It couldn’t be helped because I watched it when I was growing up.” I didn’t know that I had such an impact! (Laughter)." [NEWLINE]– Leiji Matsumoto</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"There is no danger that Titanic will sink. The boat is unsinkable and nothing but inconvenience will be suffered by the passengers." [NEWLINE]- Phillip Franklin, White Star Line vice-president, 1912</Text>
       </Row>

</BaseGameText>
</GameData>
Did you see any errors in this? I don't think I see any error..

Code:
[2616974.777] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[2616974.777] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[2616974.777] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with  values (LOC_TECH_FIREARMS_QUOTE_1, "A friend of mine told me to shoot first and ask questions later. I was going to ask him why, but I had to shoot him." [NEWLINE] – John Wayne, ).
[2616974.777] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file Base_GamePlay_Text.xml.
[2616974.777] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
Error:
Code:
           <Text>"A friend of mine told me to shoot first and ask questions later. I was going to ask him why, but I had to shoot him." [NEWLINE]– John Wayne</Text>
       </Row>
           <Text>"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." [NEWLINE]- Al Capone </Text>
       </Row>
       </Row>
           <Text>Your men at the armory are fashioning a new weapon that will devastate opponents.</Text>
       </Row>

<Text>"A friend of mine told me to shoot first and ask questions later. I was going to ask him why, but I had to shoot him." [NEWLINE] – John Wayne</Text>
       </Row>
Since this repeat occurs before the LOC_KEY you are expecting to see on the tech tree, you get the LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_NAME instead of the text
Code:
Naval Archetecture
Database.log

The first place to look. Always and forever.

--------------------------------------------

Anything entered under <BaseGameText> is automatically added to <LocalizedText> with the language set to "en_US". Which is why the Database.log error messages are referring to errors related to
Code:
LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
<BaseGameText> is not actually used In-Game. Everything runs from <LocalizedText>.

Last edited:
I don't see anything else fundamental that you would be doing wrong. The code is nearly identical to that I've used myself. The only difference is in the names of the RequirementSets and Requirements that I used where I made my own custom ones.

Would need to see the mod itself to be able to tell anything further.

After looking through the game tables using sql lite. I think I have found the problem. My code

Code:
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT" RequirementId="REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_RICE" RequirementId="REQUIRES_RICE_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_MAIZE" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_MAIZE_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_CAMP" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_CAMP_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_PASTURE_IN_PLOT"/>

only correctly updates the requirement set requirements for MAIZE, CAMP, and PASTURE. WHEAT and RICE are not in RequirementSetRequirements table. Any idea as to what is wrong? I understand the game has predifined wheat and rice from the watermill so I could use those requirement and not worry about this. But I'm genuinely interested in finding out what's wrong. Here is full code if this helps.

Code:
<!-- Building_effects -->
<!-- Author: WOLF -->
<!-- DateCreated: 6/3/2020 9:02:14 AM -->
<GameData>
    <Modifiers>
        <!-- Food -->
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" ModifierType="MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_RICE" ModifierType="MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_RICE"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_MAIZE" ModifierType="MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_MAIZE"/>

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_CAMP" ModifierType="MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_CAMP"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_PASTURE" ModifierType="MODIFIER_CITY_PLOT_YIELDS_ADJUST_PLOT_YIELD" SubjectRequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE"/>
    </Modifiers>

<ModifierArguments>
        <!--Food-->

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" Name="YieldType" Value="YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" Name="Amount" Value="2"/>

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_RICE" Name="YieldType" Value="YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_RICE" Name="Amount" Value="2"/>

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_MAIZE" Name="YieldType" Value="YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_MAIZE" Name="Amount" Value="2"/>

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_CAMP" Name="YieldType" Value="YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_CAMP" Name="Amount" Value="2"/>

<Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_PASTURE" Name="YieldType" Value="YIELD_FOOD"/>
        <Replace ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_PASTURE" Name="Amount" Value="2"/>

</ModifierArguments>

<RequirementSets>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT" RequirementSetType="REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_RICE" RequirementSetType="REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_MAIZE" RequirementSetType="REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>

<Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_CAMP" RequirementSetType="REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE" RequirementSetType="REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL"/>
    </RequirementSets>

<!-- RequirementSetRequirements-->
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_WHEAT" RequirementId="REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_RICE" RequirementId="REQUIRES_RICE_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_RESOURCE_MAIZE" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_MAIZE_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_CAMP" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_CAMP_IN_PLOT"/>
        <Replace RequirementSetId="FOOD_FROM_IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE" RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_PASTURE_IN_PLOT"/>

<Requirements>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementId="REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" RequirementType="REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES"/>
        <Replace RequirementId="REQUIRES_RICE_IN_PLOT" RequirementType="REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES"/>
        <Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_MAIZE_IN_PLOT" RequirementType="REQUIREMENT_PLOT_RESOURCE_TYPE_MATCHES"/>

<Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_CAMP_IN_PLOT" RequirementType="REQUIREMENT_PLOT_IMPROVEMENT_TYPE_MATCHES"/>
        <Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_PASTURE_IN_PLOT" RequirementType="REQUIREMENT_PLOT_IMPROVEMENT_TYPE_MATCHES"/>
    </Requirements>

<RequirementArguments>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace RequirementId="REQUIRES_WHEAT_IN_PLOT" Name="ResourceType" Value="RESOURCE_WHEAT" />
        <Replace RequirementId="REQUIRES_RICE_IN_PLOT" Name="ResourceType" Value="RESOURCE_RICE" />
        <Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_MAIZE_IN_PLOT" Name="ResourceType" Value="RESOURCE_MAIZE" />

<Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_CAMP_IN_PLOT" Name="ImprovementType" Value="IMPROVEMENT_CAMP" />
        <Replace RequirementId="WOLF_REQUIRES_PASTURE_IN_PLOT" Name="ImprovementType" Value="IMPROVEMENT_PASTURE" />
    </RequirementArguments>

<BuildingModifiers>
    <!--Food-->
        <Replace BuildingType="BUILDING_GRAINMILL" ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_WHEAT" />
        <Replace BuildingType="BUILDING_RICEMILL" ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_RICE" />
        <Replace BuildingType="BUILDING_MAIZEMILL" ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_MAIZE" />

<Replace BuildingType="BUILDING_FOODCAMPS" ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_CAMP" />
        <Replace BuildingType="BUILDING_FOODPASTURES" ModifierId="WOLF_BONUS_FOOD_PASTURE" />
    </BuildingModifiers>
</GameData>

OK two duplicated syntaxes are removed or modified into successive order but same error still persists

Database.log entry now... partially
Code:
[2627132.300] [Localization] ERROR: cannot modify BaseGameText because it is a view
[2627132.300] [Localization]: In Query - DELETE FROM BaseGameText WHERE Tag = ?;
[2627132.300] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText.xml): There was an error executing the delete statement! See Database.log for details.
[2627132.300] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText.xml.
[2627134.035] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2627134.070] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.

Code:
<!-- ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText -->
<!-- Author: Lonecat Nekophrodite -->
<!-- DateCreated: 2/8/2020 3:58:59 PM -->
<GameData>
   <BaseGameText>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_NAME" >
           <Text>Nautical Science</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE">
           <Text>Have the Naval Tradition civic.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE">
           <Text>The teachings from your sea quests and naval tradition have inspired a renewed interest in sea exploring in your realm.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>It is nowadays widely accepted that Portuguese were the founders of nautical science. Before their time maritime enterprise had been conducted largely by private individuals or by small companies of adventurers; as few as these men recorded their undertakings, kept logs or drew charts, their experiences had little or no cumulative value and generation is ignorant as its predecessor. So long as their seafaring activities were confined to Mediterranean and adjacent waters, navigation “by God and by guess”, although attended by grave risks, served them well enough.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>But when, in the early years of 15th century, men began to plan the maritime exploration of the unknown Torrid Zone and the Southern Hemisphere, it became clear that empiricism in nautical matters could not be relied upon. The rise of nautical science in Portugal was the logical outcome of the needs created by these expeditions.</Text>
       </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Men began to plan the maritime exploration of the unknown Torrid Zone and the Southern Hemisphere." [NEWLINE]– Great Explorer Duarte Pacheco Pereira</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"Times change, as do our wills, What we are - is ever changing; All the world is made of change, And forever attaining new qualities." [NEWLINE]- Luis Vaz de Camões</Text>
       </Row>

<!-- New Technology-->
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_NAME" >
           <Text>Plate Armor</Text>
       </Row>       
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Confidence is armor you cannot buy." [NEWLINE]–  Jeffrey Fry </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"Armor is heavy, yet it is a pround burden, and a mand standeth straight in it." [NEWLINE]- Mark Twain </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Armor exists since the first warriors came to be, as a fighting man sought the means to witstand beatings or to protect his skin against sharp objects, and evolves not only with better materials became available, but also a variety of methods to make the best works out of materials, and tools to do so. Earliest metal armors, either made of copper, bronze or iron, were made out of a collection of metal shards either shaped in rectangular or demicircles placed either next to each other, or slightly overlapings just like a fish scale, then secured into a sheet of cloth or leather that covers either human torsos, waists, shoulders, other parts, or even horses!. These armors are stronger than leather ones, but weak spots can be easily probed due to the large numbers of jointings. Shortly it was discovered that a continious metal pieces are harder to probe. But these armors required skill armorsmiths to forge ones because these armors are needed to fit the wearers perfectly, and armorsmiths must be skillful enough to slam hammers throughout metal pieces evenly to ensure consistent thickness distributions throughout the pieces, not easy ones to do. The first plate armor was Greek musclar cuirasses worn by their Hoplites, and later Macedonian troops under Alexander III 'The Great'. For Roman Legionary after Marian Reforms during the late Republic Era, arms and armors were provided by the government (before then Roman soldiers must provide arms themselves, with their own cashes), so it's not possible to made musle cuirasses to every legionaires, instead Roman armorsmiths designed munition grade armors called Lorica Segmentata (The term is actually Renaissance Latin coined in the 16th Century), consisted of thick stripes overlapping each other, this armor is considered a different kind of plate armor that said to be made by the uses of water powered trip hammer. Plate armor was fell out of use after the fall of Roman Empire, the Persians however continued to use similar armor for their heavy cavalry until the fall of Sassanid Empire. Plate armor did returns in the 13th Century where techniques to make metal plates with consistent thickness was rediscovered, and plate armors of this era weren't just cuirasses and tassles, but also designed to completely enclosed wearers with minimal skin exposures. Like Hoplites of the Classical Era, these armors were made to order, and only knights and noblemen were wealthy enough to order a full set of plate armor, these kind of armor were a distinctions between Cataphracts and Knights. Around this time, Plate Armor for horses were also made for knights steeds.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>The widespread uses of full plate armor amongs knights (mounted or not) in the 13th Century, and shortly later, lowly infantrymen under iron breastplates (of munition grades of course!) called for weapon designs and skills to use different weapons just to defeat fully armored opponents, when normal swords require skills to probe the armor's weakness or soft spots and immediate strikes. Bigger 'Great Swords' which were two-handed weapons were developed to perform such anti-armored attacks better, or with wielders fully armored because it is safer to wield great swords when a wielder is cladded in thick plate armor. Big Axes were known to return as it could chop into armor better with full swing. If tearing open armor with blades were difficult, there's also a possibility to harm armored opponents without having to cut him a wound, use raw blunt impacts to either hurt him with strong shock, or to turn his advantages against him, knock him down so he won't be easy to stand up due to the immense armor weights. Maces, Flails and Hammers were also an ideal weapons against armored opponents. Also Armor-piercing arrowheads were developed along with the introduction of Eastern ingenuity--crossbows--which were easier to use and train, but requires ironworking skills to make a strong springs for crossbows and different cocking devices, the other ingenuity that  arrived a century later was gunpowder. But weaponization processes are a series of trial and errors. Until such advanced weapons becomes available (or when there's no visible trends leading that way) one must make bests out of the existing devices--tactics are alternatives. While Knights in heavy armor are formidable opponents, they aren't truly invincibles in every curcumstances, nor number of armored knights are leverages. In 25th October 1415, Henry V led an army of less than 10,000 men, mainly consisted of Longbowmen, against numerically superior French, the 5/6 of King Henry V's army consists of longbowmen while the rest was dismounted knights, while French deployed about the same number of archers (around 5,000 men) and many more knights, Outnumbered, Henry V used the terrain advantages--muddy grounds-- to set up killing zones where his longbowmen did the best job, in this terrain, knights from all sides had to fight dismounted, in muddy grounds, armor is a hinderance rather than useful, heavily armored knights falling into muddy grounds were totally vulnerable (to the point that 'he's the dead man') and his armored friends couldn't assists. This contributed to high casaulties on French sides, and thus earned Henry V a victory, The Battle of Agincourt expressed the importances of tactics and revealed the weakness of armored fighting men. </Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_PLATE_ARMOR_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Gunpowder, which discovered in China, arrived in Europe in the 13th Century, had been weaponized in various ways, firsts to demolish fortress walls by using its very explosive nature, then use the powder blasts to hurl objects forward, initially to hurl an iron-shaft fire arrows at the city gates or enemy troops using a thick cast iron vase (vasa or pote de fer) as a launching equipment, shortly a family of bombards made of forged iron barrels, then culverins, and came handgonnes. This first personal hand held cannons were unwieldy and not so accurate, but able to hurl lead balls a size of a man's thumb at high speed, enough to punch through full plate armors. Handgonnes of these types saw a considerable uses in the Hundread Years war alongside conventional weapons of the time, In 1411 handgonnes began to have longer barrel and came with triggers and serpentines (to hold hot matches) and the earliest arquebuses came to exists, the new weapon proliferated and slowly evolved and so did armor, emphasis on armor designs now went to the bulletproof ability. Chainmails that covered the soft spots and usually wore under the plate suit eventually faded out (though Spanish Conquistadores still used them in their conquests of Mesoamerican Empires and their exploration quests in Continental Americas), Iron boots and gauntlets slowly dissappeared, the thickness and steel quality however became more of emphasis, and armor proofings became a customary process, done by shooting a pistol (or arquebus!) at the breastplate piece and check what a bullet does to the armor (whether did it punch a hole through or leaving some dents before bouncing offs). If the bullet did't penetrate the armor further earns decorations around the dent and thus delivered. if penetrated, the armor will return to the furnace to be remake anew and proofed again. Also around this time. the 'munitions grade' armor (which were inferior and provides protection against basic attacks) appears, which reflects the return of centralized governments to Western Europe since the Fall of Roman Empire (or Carolingian Empire) where state-owned arsenals came to exists. Munition grade weapons and armor were, just like the Old Rome, belonged to states and equipped common troopers (which usually a levied peasantry). As for the knights, once a personal property of feudal overlords or members of semi-independent knightly orders, were reformed as a part of Royal Armies and reorganized either as Demi-Lancers ,Gendarmerie, or Pistoliers (whom made uses of 'pistols' indeed, but their pistols were bigger than modern Magnum pistols), they too became Cuirassiers in mid 17th Century which their 'armor' now consisted only a breastplate (Cuirass) and (maybe) helmets. By the 18th Century even the numbers of Cuirassiers declined (In some countries, Cuirassiers also served solely as elite guards), and a new breed of 'Heavy Cavalry' (whom emphasized purely on offensive powers--charging with heavy horse and saber rattlings with no regards to armors) also appeared around this time, though Cuirassiers did see returns in Napoleonic Era, the unit fell out of favor by the mid Industrial Era where rifled muskets, and eventually breech loading rifles became common weapons, around this time, Armor was considered obsolete. The Bessemer Steel however would eventually revived plate armor several decades later as TNT-based shrapnel shells fired from rifled quick firing artillery pieces raised concerns were proven an overkill in the Western Front, interests in body armor was renewed and by 1915 France introduced Adrian Helmet (which based on Cuirassier helmets with combs to deflect sharpnel shards), shortly after British introduced 'kettle' brody helmet which further simplified Adrians, and Germans took the Sallet designs (which appeared at the Late Medieval Era) to make their 'Steel Helmets', these helmets were designed so to protect wearers against debris and flying shards due to artillery barrage (But not artillery shells themselves) but the earn maximum protection, wearer must duck inside a dugout, also specialized assault troops called 'Shock Troops' were supplied with breast plates made of Bessemer steel and pained in the same color scheme as helmet the units wore. The high demand on steel however limited the numbers of breastplates which leaves only helmets a standard 'armor' for common soldiers (the United States even experimented on a full plate armor that looks similar to Knights Armor). The rise of Aviation and Anti-Aircraft warfare led to the designs of FlaK ammunitions, in the 1940s the new FlaK armor was made for US Army Air Corps bomber pilots as a protection against FlaK shrapnels and flying debris inside cockpit, the Soviets shock troops also made uses of breastplates similar to ones in the First World War. By the end of Second World War, lightweight 'Flak vest' became accepted as standard body armor for common troops, but it won't become so common until Vietnam War in 1960 which USMC issued Flak vests to each and every soldiers serving in the frontlines, which marked the standard transitions towards the truly modern wargear where FlaK Armor became a norm in the following wars. </Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_FIREARMS_NAME" >
           <Text>Firearms</Text>
       </Row>
       </Row>
       </Row>

</Row>
       </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Gunpowder had been weaponized soon after its accidential inceptions in China by the 9th Century led to its perfect formulization two centuries later. Different methods to weaponize gunpowder were applied extensively, one such weaponizations was use explosion blasts as means to inflict damage or kill by itself or to fling hard shards at a very high velocity around with potentials to kill, or at least to maim the victims, this weaponization concept led to the creations of explosive shells or grenades that initially delivered by catapults or trebuchets (usually of the Crouching Tiger (Hudunpao) type). The other methods included to use the same blasts to deliver projectiles to target, to achieve this end two different approaches were made; rockets and guns, both of which involved the use of hollow tubes with one end closed and the other open. Rockets attach warheads (either incendiaries or blades) at the closed end of the tube, and inside the tube is filled with gunpowder and saltpeter treated wick is inserted, then the open end is eventually closed with either wood or paper waddings with wick tail visible, the wick is inserted  to channel fire into the powder, created a limited combustion reaction that converted the powder into hot gases that pushed the entire system forwards while the powder is burning, this way rocket moves at the accelerated speeds. Guns, or cannons, on the other end, also used the similar tubes but made of strong metals (usually iron or steel) and much thicker, and with a small hole drilled at the closed end, powder is poured at the open end, then projectiles (either stones or metal balls), then waddings, the wick is inserted at the hole drilled at the end or alternatively a small amount of powder is poured at the same hole (primings), and then light the wick or primed powders to shoot, the blasts quickly throw projectiles outwards and some amounts of blasts jerks back. Early guns were relatively big (and this included Crouching Tiger (also written with the same character as Hudunpao trebuchet)), and shortly after came the handheld versions with rather long shafts, these weapons were called either fire lances, hand cannons, or handgonnes / handguns, usually has short barrel (and relatively poor quality gunpowder requires large amount of powder) and very unwieldy led to the lack of accuracy, according to Song era manuscripts, these weeapons were usually loaded with more shots to function like shotguns (Chinese had already invented scattershots long ago) or a type of flamethrower, not yet a weapon that can replace the existing archery or crossbows of any type, the only good things were these weapons have intimidating thundercracking noise and dragon fire effects, pure psychology against anyone but the braves. Handguns like this one appeared early in Song China in 10th Century AD. And rare chinese samples found its way to Japan shortly later (called Teppo (Iron Catapult)), though these were rare and hardly works against well trained and fearless Samurais. Two centuries ago gunpowder (and its formulae) made the way west through either The Silk Road or through Crusades against Arabians and other Islamic empires and states worked upon gunpowder weapons. Once in European hands, Gunpowder itself was weaponized as soon as Alchemists unlocked its secrets and became serious with this new chemical compounds. In Europe and Eastern Islamic Powers, similar weaponization paths were followed with western siege tactics implemented (where wall breakings and tower topplings are a norm, while oriental siege tactics did not emphasize on sieges beyond wall scalings and try to kill as many defenders without breaking walls and towers, and even these were not recommended in any books). Big Bombards were made with initially iron forgings and proved a success against city walls and castles, and even as defensive weapons against heavily armored knights and foot soldiers, similar successes were repeated with smaller bombards called Culverin, these cannons were quickly miniaturized into handheld versions and unlike in China, these handgonnes were popular even it is very unwieldy, since it was so easy to make (easier than either longbows or crossbows, with relatively low quality irons are sufficient to make ones), and to learn how to use, and with Europeans introduced gunpowder granulation techniques that allowed both safe production of powders and even distribution of mixtures throughout the production lot, also a cracking loud noise and fire flash each handgun creates when fired is, by that time, intimidating, this could even unhorse a knight on his mount, also armor penetration capabilities are impressive, providing that the shot fired from handgun hits an armored combatant, but the weapon is not particularly wieldy because a shooter had to tuck this handgun under his arm or armpit tight with one hand and the other to hold a glowing or smoldering match and plug its glowing end into primed touchhole, so the effective range and accuracy is very low compared to decade-trainings in archery and expensive but ease of use crossbows. Also operator has to be very careful handling red hot match not to touch gunpowder containment units he or anyone next to him carries with. Perhaps combining crossbow trigger with cheap iron handgun will allow easier uses of handguns.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>Eventually, around 1411 crossbow trigger lever is added to the gun, but instead of holding and releasing crossbow strings, this trigger piece is S shaped with a clamp at one end which looks like snake (hence the name 'serpentine'), this piece is  bolted to the gun stock at its center on the right hand side, , burning match is to be inserted into the serpentine clamp located above, also a touchhole is drilled in the same side as the serpentine and had a small iron pan extruded out for priming powder to be poured in, this pan (priming pan) has a built in lit that can either open or close the pan either by sliding or swinging. this protects primer from weather and untimely contact with hot match (and dust clogging). This basic mechanism allows handguns easy aiming (And thus better hitting chance) and slightly increased handling safety, this is where the 'firearms' began. These earliest firearms are called 'Arquebus' which got the name from a corruptions of a german word 'Hakenbuchse' which was a type of fortress small arms that comes with an underside hook to brace it against the walls, the hook also served a secondary function in melee combat (proto bayonet) though such functions were not really good though, also the first to have trigger. Over time arquebus earned a flared out buttstock, longer barrel, and ramrod socket at the underside wooden reciever (before then ramrod was stored in accessory pouch and was not mcuh long), also the weapon got the front and back sight and lost the wall hook, in 1475 the lock plate was introduced to house the complex innerworks that connect trigger with backward snapping serpentine (which further put the glowing match away from powder bandoliers, reducing accident risks). Also by the same time, the heavyweight 'Musket' which have better AP properties due to the use of bigger rounds and requires monopoles to support its increased weights due to calibre and lengh but offset with better AP characteristics and longer range was invented by Spanish. was also introduced in the 16th Century AD. These new matchlock weapons quickly replaced Handguns of previous designs, and were amongs the first to mass produced in a state-owned central manufacturing facilities with the use of labour divisions because its popularity granted by relative ease of use and short learning curves o called for the creations of firearms-based government army (which quickly supplanted expensive Feudal Knights and unreliable Peasant levy), where Spain was the first to do so, eventually created Tercio which were basically a formation of combined arms infantry consisting of three different units un one large formation of around 3,000 men; Tercios composed of Swordsmen, Pikemen and Gunmen. Pikemen and Swordsmen formed the square core, while gunmen, which are arquebusiers and musketeers, in this case 'musketeers' or 'musketmen' (means soldiers equipped with heavy firearms and wears minimal armor (or even none!)) positioned by the corner of pike square block, while arquebusiers wears heavier armor (sometimes the same pikemen armor) but wields lighter matchlock guns, were literally formed a rim of pike square. While Swordsmen were included to form offensive power and shiledings similar to Roman Legion, firearms proliferations quickly superseded swordsmen and the trio combinations were now pikemen, arquebusiers and musketeers. This Tercio was developed after a painful lessons learned by Fernandez De Cordoba, the Spanish General in Battle of Seminara in 28th June 1495, his experience figthing against superior Swiss pikemen employed by French enemy and the French Gendarmerie (The earliest unit of French Royal 'Standing Army' created by King Charles VII after his bad experiences using knights, peasant levy and mercenaries, none of which were reliable, Gendarme of the 15th-16th Century were actually heavy cavalry in the same knight heavy armor and weapons with their horses armored in the same degree and came from knight estate but bound to the King rather than sworn local overlords or being overlords themselves, in another words 'Royal Knights') did not fear guns nor could be easily stopped by bullets! (this was when early 'muzzleloading' firearms revealed its soft spot... low rate of fire and inadequate accuracy) so these seemilngly 'medieval knights' still ran over over Spanish handgunners. Around the same time The rise of Ottoman Empires came a neccessary for European merchantmen to seek a new and safe trade route to the East (India and China primalily) without passing those extorting Muslim overlords or getting risks getting robbed by corsairs (which usually sponsorized by Ottoman overlords and vassalages around Mediterranean and elsewhere), and such quests eventually proved two things; 1) There's a large landmass wests of Atlantic and 2) The Earth is not flat, but round. These explorers brough armed guards with them, each equipped with either classic melee weapons (swords, axes, spears, pikes, and maybe others), crossbows, and / or firearms! </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Outside Europe, Natives experienced those visitors and their new weapon variously, South American natives, particularly EVERY Mesoamerican empires still exists at the end of 15th Century AD fell victim to Spanish semi-organized adventurers dubbed 'conquistadores', whom not only armored, but also armed with superior weapons--firearms, swords, spears, and lances, and also came with horses, these things were not availabe in Mesoamerican empires. Portugese rushed to this new continent to the lands full of parrots, explored a network of large rivers, one portugese explorers encountered (And ambushed by) a tribe of fierce female warriors whom combat skills outmatched any mesoamerican soldiers, portugese arquebusiers accompanying these explorers found themselves at difficulty fighting them, these experiences paralleled to Mythical Amazons found in Old Greek lores (these mythical Amazons were actually Scythians), so came the river names. Moists weathers and frequent rains were not an ideal scenario to use firearms, especially the matchlocks since water can put out glowing matches, and wet gunpowder doesn't set offs when contacted to a naked fire, these contributed to the difficulties expanding or conquering anywhere within Amazon river networks. While Spanish Conquistador went after golden cities. Portugese Bandeirantes (whom also came with guns) went there to claim the lands and, with their bloods and sweats, they settled there, and eventually created a very large single colony in South America for Portugal. While Firearms permits Europeans an edge over Natives and facilitate conquests / colonizations, firearms also bring wealths to Europeans in more honest fashions, there were natives whom fascinated with European new weapons and and impressed when saw those whitemen shoot these guns themselves, smart native leaders realized the powers of white peoples so they sought their way to even the odds, the easiest way to do so is to acquire these new weapons themselves, either by trade, thievery, or reverse engineering. Portugese trade ships added firearms amongs trade goods to exchagne with other goods (particularly rare ones) they want, and many leaders, partucarly those in Asia and Western Africa, were preferred Portugese clients, in Africa, Portugese trade guns with Slaves captured by African  purchaser. In Asia, firearms (and cannons) were , along with other goods particularly from South America, exchangeable with silks, porcelanes and many rare goods predominantly found in Asia (Chinese porcelain and Ayutthaya fragrance woods, for example), except Portugese trade with Japan which appeared in any European World Map in 1543 'by accident'. There weren't much tradeable resources in Japan, and the country itself was embroiled in their Warring States (dubbed Sengoku in Japanese), crews of Portugese trading vessels that made emergency landing in a Japanese isle of Tanegashima (meaning 'long little island' in Japanese) was going on foraging with their guns slung was spotted by Japanese local populace, whom in turn reported their overlord  Tanegashima Tokitaka (1528–1579) what they've seen, a 'giant barbarian with red hair coming with a thundering staff'. The overlord was impressed in that report so he approached these barbarian visitors and saw them effectively hit a mallard with their matchlock guns (Made in Malacca colony, with serpentine facing forwards and short trigger), so he bought a couple of these weapons and ordered his personal blacksmith to make a copy of these weapons. and during the revese engineering process he bought more guns, this because forging a gun barren was a considerably different to forging a 'flexible' Katana swords or Tantou knives. It requires continious hole drillings, something never tried before by any Japanese blacksmith. The needs of firearms and other rare goods from China was a leverage to Portugese to write their trade agreements with Japanese overlords (particularly those with their domain lies in Kyushu region), where Portugese could trade guns and other goods from Ming china with the only liable 'resouces' Japanese have, humans! Portugese bought Japanese slaves and these slaves went wherever Portugese went, including Continential Europe. The other leverage was that Japan (actually any overlords there) has to permit Portugese catholic missions in their domains. This trading agreements continue even at Toyotomi Hideyoshi's disdain at selling their fellow brethren for import luxury at the aid of 'barbarian cults'.  </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_4" >
           <Text>Firearms trade will not be of any use without using the weapons. While firearms of the 16th century had seemilngly reached its final basic overlooks (long slender barrel, monocoque stocks, short triggers), the range and accuracy did not meet expectations from elongated barrel, and even worse, the lengh increased reloding time (muzzleloading was the only option available, breechloading was too dangerous to make with technologies of that time), rifling which came to exists early in this century is an answer to accuracy qestion, but rifling was a tedious process that requires precision, and this marked up weapon pricings. The other alternatives came from tactics--volley fire. Volley fire means that all arquebusiers / musketeers formed a line, aimed every guns at the same targets (enemy formations) and pull trigger simultaneously once target moved to the distances between 50-100 meters (or slightly more in case of heavier guns). this created a combined intimidating noise and in the same time, a rain of musket balls at the enemy, this compensates inaccuracy with number of rounds that there still some chances that the enemy formation will get it (and some men down). To make up with low ROF however, another technique had to be used, successive volley, where seccessive ranks of arquebusiers / musketeers are queued up (usually three to ten ranks deep) with their guns loaded, when front ranks fire, they marched backwards in the queue and reload, the second line step up and so the third, fourth and following lines repeated these stages in successive fashions. Alternatively (particularly in fortified positions), shooters did not need to move, instead just fire and swap guns with the second ranks in successive fasions and reloadings were done at the rear. This technique added rate of fire that one formation could spit at least 2-5 rounds per minutes rather than just one. Still, shooters were not yet be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with a man next to him in the same rank because the weapons were still matchlocks that risks due to accidential contacts with bandolier still persists. These tactics were developed independently in Europe (Particularly Maurice of Nassau), Ming China, and Oda Nobunaga in Battle of Nagashino where his famed Ashigaru equipped with domestically made arquebuses (named after an island where this weapon first appeared, the Tanegashima) made use of 3-rank deep rolling volley behind palisade walls against charging Takeda Katsuyori's cavalry to the great effect. Early firearms shortcomings had created solutions that required coordinations in each units, similar coordinations were extensively executed by Spanish Tercio, where in the same Tercio, musketeer blocks could move indepedently while heavily armored arquebusiers surrounded pike formations and move cohesively with pikemen, and when engaged in combat, Musketeers would fire some shots before moving backwards, then Arquebusiers shoot and quickly retreated inside a pike square to reload and shoot a second shot while standing inside (but not that deep) and pikemen engaged in melee agains either charging cavalry or against enemy pike square, engagin in 'pushs of pikes'. Both of these required not only coordinations, but cohesions as well. This Pike and Shot formations quickly emulated by others shortly after. </Text>
       </Row>
           <Text>Firearms continued to evolve beyond 16th Century, the first quests pursue firearms safety operations by trying to get rid of hot matches, and the other was firearms that works in every weather. First such attempts was the introduction of wheel lock firing mechanism, which was the first use if flint and steel ignition systems in firearms, this system was very expensive and thus only a relatively few wheellock guns exists, and these guns usually owned by social elites. The next stage was snap hance, where flint strikes the serrated steel pieces. and sparks fell into priming pan to set off primers, the snaphances were eventually simplified to make flintlock 'fusils' in 1620s. These weapons saw the introduction of screws which were not easily to make, and thus delayed the proliferations of flintlock firearms until the near end of 17th Century, also within this century ironworking techniques and technology allowed guns to be made with less iron than before. This innovations quickly blurred out (and eventually removed) distinctive barriers between arquebuses and muskets, or more precisely the term arquebuses were phased out. Another interesting innovations were the introductions of bayonets, first employed by Basque militia in the southern France during their skirmishes, made by ramming a knife shaft into gun barrel, These technology and innovations eventually sums up in the creations of Linear Infantry, with new generation muskets came with bayonet mounts, and bayonets that can be attached to the mounts without obstructing gun barrels eventually ended the needs of pikemen (or the needs to distinct the two units). Line Infantry stood in close formations like Pikemen, can fight cavalry and melee like pikemen, but can also shoot like musketeers. By the end of 17th Century matchlock firearms were systemically phased out and either replaced by fusils, or upgraded to flintlocks. European traders now sell flintlock guns with bayonets as standard accessories worldwide to other 'non-whites' peoples. These native clients quickly understood how to shoot and reload flintlock guns, but not how to use bayonets, so these new weapons did very little to enhance their armies, as bayonets simply used as a spear tip for spears and pikes for their pike and shot formations instead. In Japan, firearms did not develop beyond matchlock arquebuses of the previous century since Edo Peace rendered firearms development unneccessary. As of others, firearms were still prodominantly muzzle loading smoothbores, the real change however came in 1800 with the discovery of the shock sensitivity of mercury fulminate. This new mercury salt became a new gun primer by 1820 with flintlock clamps became hammer, and priming pans became nipples to seat percussion caps. The true potentials however lies in the shock sensitivity of this new primer itself. Now it is possible to make breech loading firearms that uses metal cartridges and can fire in a completely enclosed ignition systems, and with that 'all weather firing' capability is realized. Such potentials actually exploited by the time of Napoleonic Wars, but no government saw the worths of such potentials until 1948 with Nicholaus von Dreyse introduced Bolt Action 'needle gun', and Berdan Shaps introduced his beach loading guns in the same year, both of which were also rifled. The inceptions of machine tools eventually unlocked mass production of rifles, and even such breech loading weapons, and the first mass production of repeating firearms began in 1836 by Samuel Colt with his 'cap and ball' revolvers manufactured in Hartford Connecticut, the first magazine rifles came in 1860, (Henry, and Spencer, both were of lever actions). These awesome weapons however were not widely adopted until after 1865 due to the very conservative views of General Staffs whom still intoxicated with glorified romances of George Washington, Napoleon Bonaparte, Andrew Jackson, Arthur Wellesley, and even Santa Ana. (Except Prussia which adopted Dreyse rifle in 1851) American Civil War in 1860 began with smoothbore muskets (and some units even used Brown Bess inherited from the Colonial Era uncoverted), with muzzle loading 'Minie Rifles' slowly but steady replaced smoothbores until the very end of the war, In this war also saw the uses of these breech loaders and repeaters among volunteer units, usually led by inventers themselves. but the number was very insignificants. It wasn't until the Battle of Koniggratz in Europe that Breech Loaders are a game changer in 1866 where Prussians won the battle against Austria by the use of Dreyse rifle. The Prussian victory compelled others to switch to breech loading rifles in hurry, where the earliest methods were converting the existing service guns into cartridge based breech loaders, very soon newly designed rifles were adoped and replaced these converted musket rifles. Within a span of just two decades however, these single shot breech loaders were replaced by magazine-based bolt action repeating rifles after the effective uses of Imported Wincester repeating rifles in Third Battle of Pleven by Ottoman defenders against Russian assaults (1 –3 September 1877). The earliest magazine bolt action rifles were the conversions of Mauser Model 1871 in 1884, however the quick loading repeaters were the designs of Mannlicher introduced in 1887 and quickly replicated by others, inclding Mauser in the 1890s. Around the same time, smokeless propellants, repeating shotguns, gas and recoil based machienguns, and magazine based semiautomatic pistols were introduced as well. </Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_FIREARMS_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_6" >
           <Text>These modern weapons of previous paragraphs, along with breech loading quick firing rifled artillery, and the applications of aircrafts in warfare did lead to carnage in the First Great War in 1914-1918, particularly after the German invasions of France was repelled at the Battle of Aisne several weeks after it was begin (See "Unit> Assault Infantry" for more details) called for more compact weapons, including the automatic variants, this neccesssities created by bogged down trench warfare in the Western front led to the designs of, first, squad automatic weapons (light machine guns and automatic rifles respectively), and much later in the war--submachine guns. These weapons returned to homefront just after the war ended at the hands of underworld gangsters, particularly in the United States of America as the Volstead Act came in effect in 28th October 1919 had banned alchohol distribution, human chronic thirsts of alcohol however only pushed the distributions underground, into the hands of organized crime. The demands of alcohols in such manner turned American cities into batlefield of gang wars, and the new inventions that designed for trench warfare in Europe quickly came into handy in cityscapes--The Tommygun. In this era the likes of Sicilian Mafia, Chinese Triads, Irish Mobs and big names like Al Capone were common in the news headlines, Also emerged were partners in crime--Bonny and Clyde, equipped with Browning Automatic Rifles. These bloodbaths lasts for around three decades in the USA (and the effects were worse particularly just after The Great Depressions in 1929, Nine years after Volstead Act was revoked, but alcohol bans were also the State matters that Federal bans only acts as a guidelines, some states still impose such bans for many years and during these years came gun blazings (and a gun inventor, David Marshall Williams, whom invented what that will become M1 Carbine later on), and manpower shifted from businesses and factories into gangs considerably easy). The Depressions spreaded throughout the World within few years and stemmed revolutions, and the rises of extremists, particularly German Fascist Movements, with themselves seized power in 30s came the Germany rearming programs, which assault weapons and light machine guns were heavily emphasized along with newer tanks and planes (as per lessions learned from previous war). Anyone else whom not willing to add SMGs into army chose however SAWs as minimum weapons for rifle squads, some countries even considered semiautomatic rifles as standard infantry weapons, however only the USA finished re equipping their troops with M1 Garand just in time. The next war, began in 1939 fought mainly with lessions learned from previous wars, but new lessions were learned as well particularly combats were fought more densely in both Pacific Jungles and European urbans. the intense urban warfare, particularly in German Invasions of Soviets in 1941 led to the combinations of previous infantry weapons, culminating in the creations of Assault Rifles by the end of the Second World War. Firearms evolution however were slow since then, where changes were rather minor refinements to add edges over the existing edges. No fancy things like lasers or plasma guns came to be even as of now. Military focus however, went onto the tactics however.  </Text>
       </Row>

<!--Updates and Erratas-->
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_STIRRUPS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_STIRRUPS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MILITARY_TACTICS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_MILITARY_TACTICS" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MACHINERY" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_GUNPOWDER" />
       <Delete Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_GUNPOWDER" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_STIRRUPS" Text="Own 3 Heavy Chariots." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_STIRRUPS" Text="As more and more Heavy Chariots are trained, Trainers and pasteur men found out they can ride these horses, the rests are; apparatus to control a horse and keep a rider seated on its back, and bigger horses to support heavily armed and armored rider" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MILITARY_TACTICS" Text="Kill a unit with either a Spearman ,a Heavy Spearman OR a Swordsman." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_MILITARY_TACTICS" Text="Your new foot soldiers are proving effective, but now your opponents are stronger and faster. Perhaps a longer weapon is needed?" />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_MACHINERY" Text="Own either 3 Archers OR 3 Marksmen." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_PLATE_ARMOR"> <Text>Have the Feudalism civic.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_PLATE_ARMOR"> <Text>The feudal lords in your realm want a champion to defend their lands. Perhaps mounting an armored warrior will do the trick?</Text> </Row>       
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_GUNPOWDER" Text="Train either 3 Catapults OR 2 Trebuchets." />
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_GUNPOWDER" Text="As you ordered more siege engines, siege engineers also earned insights over siege weaponry, and works began on siege engines that will be superior to these stone throwers." />

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_NAME" >
           <Text>Naval Archetecture</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE">
           <Text>Have the Exploration civic.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE">
           <Text>Seafaring logs and adventure journals had affected ship designers and shipbuilders for their quests of better oceangoing ship designs.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_1" >
           <Text>Naval architecture, also called 'Naval engineering', is an engineering discipline branch of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the engineering design process, shipbuilding, maintenance, and operation of marine vessels and structures. Naval architecture involves basic and applied research, design, development, design evaluation (classification) and calculations during all stages of the life of a marine vehicle. Preliminary design of the vessel, its detailed design, construction, trials, operation and maintenance, launching and dry-docking are the main activities involved. Ship design calculations are also required for ships being modified (by means of conversion, rebuilding, modernization, or repair). Naval architecture also involves formulation of safety regulations and damage-control rules and the approval and certification of ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements. Before the foundings of empires or any strong institutions of governments, shipbuildings had always been secrets closely guarded by shipwrights that passed on to generations; from father to sons, from a mentor to apprentices. When the need arises; merchants requests a fleet of freight ships or governments (monarches or elected leaders known by other titles) are prepping for war that involves naval battles, orders were given to shipwrights to make ships of specifications (models, types, capacities, purposes, sizes) under the quantities and timeframes. Shipwrights and assocaiting workmen will be called by authorities to build ships as orders based on each of their knowledges on a given facility (Depending on the state controls). In a large Empires (From Egypt of Antiquity, to Romans, and then Byzantines and China) the controls over shipbuildings were absolute as there were bureaus responsible for shipbuildings and designs and state-owned shipyards, in feudal polities, shipwrights or local governments earned more leverages over such controls, and with high localism so came the trade secrets, particularly with Guilds system in place. One might say the strong Guilds prevented any European countries other than Byzantines and Venice any chance of building a true navy, while Strong Imperial governments permits Byzantines, Venice and China to own a large navy, as the state owned shipyards controls the flows of knowledges regarding to shipbuildings, this was a factor why Zheng He expeditions was possible with Ming Chinese could build a large treasure fleet for.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_2" >
           <Text>In the 15th Century, European countries had restored the concepts of central governments, and began an interests to return to sea. Portugal and Kingdom of Castille (which shortly later formed a core of Spain as we known today) began a quests for alternative east-west trate route after the Fall of Byzantine Empire shut down rendered the existing East-West trade routes unsafe as Ottoman-sponsored corsairs roamed free throughout Mediterraneans, in addition to their desire to run the northern sea lane (and copete with Hanseatic Leagues and other Northern Powers). To this end caravels were built, and newer carracks were evolved to witstand strong Atlantic winds and waves better. The quests not only revealed a new routes, but opportunities for European countries to found an empire by claiming newly found landmasses wests of Atlantic. To this end came the Age of Sails. with more players added to this race also came a broadsides era, where naval combats included the broadside salvoes that aimed at sinking enemy ships, this came a dedicated warship designs of different classes for different purposes, the light, fast 'Cruisers' that could operate independently were made to raid enemy or rival shipping lanes or to combat such piracy or to join battlefleets at the flanks, the heavy 'Ships of the Line' was designed to support as many guns as possible and built to survive a duel with their kinds, the gun weights did slow the ships so they were operated as a fleet. While transports were made to ship freights and passengers across sea lanes and thus owned by merchant navy. Diversity of purposes came diversity of ship designs and models, around the mid 1700s ships began to equipped wiht three or four sails per masts, designs that originated from England, France and Netherlands began to replace older Spanish and Portugese designs of previous century. In 1740 France launched Medee, a 26 gun warship which was considered to be The First True Frigates with the distinct designs that formed basis of any other ships to follow (through one might said that The Dutch was the first to build oceangoing frigates in the mid 1600s), also around the same time the standard Ships of the Line came to exists along with Line of Battle tactics, with standard definitions defined (Two or Three deckers) that Ships of the Line was a strong warship that can support 74 guns, the first "74" ships was launched in France in 1730, then British followed the suit. The 'Second Hundread Years War' between Britain and France spurred naval engineerings which culminated in the Three (or even four) decker ships, the sole survivor from the Age of Enlightenment, the HMS Victory was launched in 1765, also came from the peak of Age of Sail was USS Constitution, also the same ship from 1794, both of which became navy symbols of both respective nations.</Text> </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_PEDIA_TECHNOLOGIES_PAGE_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_CHAPTER_HISTORY_PARA_3" >
           <Text>Bigger and badder (or better) ships of the lines still continued to be built well into Napoleon's days and even past his era, Britain launched HMS Britania in 1820, around the same time the US Navy finally earned their own Ships of the Line in their poessions--USS Washington (Commissioned 26th August 1815), and France, Valmy in 1847 (probably the last Ships of the Line). The success of Steam Propulsions in 1830s and the introductions of Paixhans guns in 1840s was a sign to the end of the Age of Sail, in Naval Engineering perspective these are just another stages of evolution where The French Navy launched their first steam battleship with the 90-gun 'Le Napoleon' in 1850, Paixhans shells did make even the mightiest wooden Ships of the Line obsolete however as experienced in Crimean War, particularly in the Battle of Sinop (1853) where six Russian Ships of the Line and Two frigates decisively decimated Turkish fleet with the uses of Paixhans guns and its shells. The effect of Paixhans weapon prompted Britain and France to ally with Ottoman Empire against Russian agrression, the Crimean War not only saw the first actions of steam ships in warfare, but also the experimens with iron platings, both of these later became a core concepts of Ironclads which the first specimen, French La Gloire (1858) and British HMS Warrior (1860) came to exists just after the war ended, while both La Gloire and HMS Warrior were still looks like preexisting warships with steam engines fitted and iron platings added, both of these are newly made rather than conversions of sailships. The first truely revolutionized design, also the first naval battles with Ironclads were Battle of Hampton Roads, which began on 8th March 1862 with the Confederacy CSS Virginia conducted a killing spree against the Union wooden warshis which the hopes to end the Union Blockades, on the following day came the first Ironclad clashes, the Union sent USS Monitor--The first warship with main guns mounted on steam powered turret designed by John Ericson (whom joined the Rainhill Race and pitted against Richard Stephenson 31 years earlier) -- to intercept with hopefully to stop that rampage, The battle ended in draw but the era of naval warfare changed overnight, the success of CSS Virginia ended the era of wooden warship definitely, in the same time ushered a ner era of steel and steam powered warships, for the two combatants however, neither survived to the next year as CSS Virginia was destroyed by Confederates to prevent capture after the evactuations of Norfolk on the 11th November 1862, and USS Monitor was sunk by the strong tidal wave on December 31, 1862, none of these two early American ironclads were made seaworthy, nor these were designed like the existing sailships, the USS Monitor's debut laid a new design framework where contral battery turrets were not only included, but became emphasized as the biggest guns were mounted there, even so bigger ironclads were still built as broadside ships (or casemate ships), but with ram bow returned from Antiquity (or the early Renaissance where Flanders war galleons were made with ram bow very similar to Bronze Age mediterranean galleys. The increases in armor platings, and transitions towards all-steel hulls since 1870 also spurred rifled naval guns developments, that the 'main guns' now replace broadside guns and built bigger and longer for central battery turrets, these guns were bigger than the biggest broadside cannons of the Ships of the Line, each ships of that time usually has two turrets, each turret has two guns, the bigger and longer these guns meant better armor penetrations. with this accuracy earned due to riflings, the needs to have multiple gun decks became rater a redundancy, broadsides now acted as either secondary guns or close defense weapons. and number of broadside guns now reduced to less than ten, such decreases in gun numbers were simply offset by armor platings and the newer guns were breech loading rifled cannons, steam engines now became evenmore efficient that it is now possible to run ships entirely under steam so sails were removed, masts however remained to hang signal flags, these turrets are placed one by the forecastle, the other by the aftcastle, the command and control (and cabin) which once located to the rear (aft) now moved to the center, with a towering superstructures added, called 'bridge', there ship captain and helmsman are stationed. These ships of this design --if heavily armored-- were now called 'Battleships', and are successors to Ships of the Line. The earliest steam powered battleships were about the size of 'generic' ships of the line, the first battleship of this kind was HMS Devastation (1871) was the first that has the iconic designs that later called 'Pre-Dreadnough Battleships' and were successors to Ships of the Line. The other post-Ironclad steam warships that shares similar designs but emphasizes on speeds rather than firepower and had weaker armor were called 'Cruisers', these were successors to Frigates. Also the Tall bridge designs were implemented to civilian ships as well, through steam powered civilian ships were now became more distictly designed depending on tasks the ships designed to do; Passenger ships had accommodations for passengers including rooms, canteen (dining area including kitchen), sanitation facility, recreational hall(s), informary, security office, parcel and luggage holds (where Automobiles owned by passengers were stored through the voyage), supply storages and numerous escape boats, the higher more expensive classes werer purely floating hotels. Freight ships now purely have cargo holds and different types of freight ships were made to support different cargoes hauled; Freighters or Cargo Ships were designed for packed goods, Bulker or Bulk Carriers for unpacked, 'fluid' bulk goods like grain, ore, stones, these ships were designed specifically for each different bulk goods these carries, and locally specific; for example Lake Freighters or Lakers are designed specifically to haul Iron and Coal thorugh some models were designed to haul other differen ores mined by the different points of the lake, and the others to haul salts and grains, such designs including loaders and unloaders. These ships were and still are parts of American Midwest Industrial zones since the days Bessemer Process gave birth to American steel industry (and greedy, heartless tycoons). Tankers are for liquid goods came to exists when Petroleum becomes a commodity with the rise of Internal combustion engines (especially the rises of cheap automotives) in the early 20th Century. Also the introduction of Stean Turbines and electricity eventually gave birth to Dreadnoughs, which were faster than any cruisers previously available, yet stronger and more powerful than any battleships that came before, also around the same time Bulbous Bow (Which evolved from Ironclad ram bow) was proven as a means to facilitate ship movement speeds by negating resisting waves. As Newer technology appears so did new approaches towards naval engineerings, not only the shapes, but also inner works, particularly electronics, which leads to Radar and Sonar respectively. Yet Ironically, the 'less serious' activity of life; the entertainment did a serious effects towards naval archetecture as well, particularly the modern ship bridge was more or less influenced by animated cartoons either created or directed by Leiji Matsumoto (25th January 1938--Present) since Space Battleship Yamato (1974, as director hired by Office Academy) and Space Pirate Captain Harlock in 1977 (Original Creator, the animated cartoon was directed by Rin Taro), with iconic feature; a large overhead video display screen. This bridge interior now a common sight in modern ships today.</Text> </Row>

<Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_QUOTE_1">
           <Text>"Oddly enough, those things drawn decades ago have become commonplace. For example, when I visited a huge ship at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagasaki, it had the same kind of bridge as Yamato. I asked a young engineer, “How could this be so?”. He said, “It couldn’t be helped because I watched it when I was growing up.” I didn’t know that I had such an impact! (Laughter)." [NEWLINE]– Leiji Matsumoto</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_TECH_NAVAL_ARCHETECTURE_QUOTE_2">
           <Text>"There is no danger that Titanic will sink. The boat is unsinkable and nothing but inconvenience will be suffered by the passengers." [NEWLINE]- Phillip Franklin, White Star Line vice-president, 1912</Text>
       </Row>

</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

Last edited:
OK two duplicated syntaxes are removed or modified into successive order but same error still persists

Database.log entry now... partially
Code:
[2627132.300] [Localization] ERROR: cannot modify BaseGameText because it is a view
[2627132.300] [Localization]: In Query - DELETE FROM BaseGameText WHERE Tag = ?;
[2627132.300] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText.xml): There was an error executing the delete statement! See Database.log for details.
[2627132.300] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file ZaabSpicey_TechnologiesText.xml.
[2627134.035] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2627134.070] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
You can't use <Delete> in <BaseGameText> which I forgot to mention in my last post. You very often cannot get <Update> to work either.

<BaseGameText> is not a "real" table, nor is <LocalizedText>, so the way they are handled is different from "real" tables like "Buildings" or "Units".

You are generally better off using table <LocalizedText> and usually better off creating a new "Tag" for your altered text, then redirecting a TechnologyType, BuildingType, etc., to use the new Tag instead of the normal one via an update.

UpdateDatabase File
Code:
<GameData>
	<Buildings>
		<Update>
			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_RUHR_VALLEY" />
			<Set Description="LOC_BUILDING_RUHR_VALLEY_DESCRIPTION_LRS" />
		</Update>
	</Buildings>
</GameData>
UpdateText File
Code:
<GameData>
	<LocalizedText>
		<!-- ================================================================================================= -->
		<!-- =============================== BUILDING_RUHR_VALLEY_DESCRIPTION ================================ -->
		<!-- ================================================================================================= -->
		<Replace Tag="LOC_BUILDING_RUHR_VALLEY_DESCRIPTION_LRS" Language="en_US">
			<Text>+20% [ICON_Production] Production in this city, and +1 [ICON_Production] Production for each Mine, Quarry, Lumbermill, Pasture, and Camp in this city. Must be built along a River adjacent to an Industrial Zone district with a Factory.</Text>
		</Replace>
	</LocalizedText>
</GameData>
"Replace" will rewrite the contents of an existing row within a table that matches up to the Primary Keys within that table. If no match is found, a new row is added to the table. In the Case of <LocalizedText> the Primary Keys are Columns "Tag" and "Language". So if there were already a row in the table <LocalizedText> that had
Code:
 Tag="LOC_BUILDING_RUHR_VALLEY_DESCRIPTION_LRS" Language="en_US"
The <Replace> command in my example would literally replace the old data for that row with my new data.

"Replace" will generally also work correctly for table <LocalizedText> for data added by the Base Game but usually fails to perform the rewrite for anything added by an Expansion or a DLC. This is because stuff from DLC and Expansions is not generally added to the portion of the <LocalizedText> system modding can access.

--------------------------------------------------

The InGame text Localization system is one of the most unfriendly to modding within the Civt6 system so far as SQL and XML is concerned. You are generally better off using the "re-direct" & "add new Tag" method when attempting to re-write anything that the base game or any of the DLC or Expansions uses.

Last edited:
You can't use <Delete> in <BaseGameText> which I forgot to mention in my last post. You very often cannot get <Update> to work either.

<BaseGameText> is not a "real" table, nor is <LocalizedText>, so the way they are handled is different from "real" tables like "Buildings" or "Units".

You are generally better off using table <LocalizedText> and usually better off creating a new "Tag" for your altered text, then redirecting a TechnologyType, BuildingType, etc., to use the new Tag instead of the normal one via an update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The InGame text Localization system is one of the most unfriendly to modding within the Civt6 system so far as SQL and XML is concerned. You are generally better off using the "re-direct" & "add new Tag" method when attempting to re-write anything that the base game or any of the DLC or Expansions uses.
So
1. Use <LocalizedText> and add 'Language="en_US" after the <text> right?
2. So in the mod *_Text.xml file. using LocalizedText and <row> on what's preexisting in 'base game' will results in the updated mod files override the existing ones because the game treats 'Localized Text' table as non existence right?
3. And more on 'Re-directing' methods please.

The new resources Honey and Maize are not in the resources.xml file. Where can I find them?
GranColombia_Maya_Resources.xml

Top Bottom