Quick Modding Questions Thread

What does Database.log report for errors? Without knowing what sort of errors you are getting it is nigh on to impossible to respond meaningfully.

You might have incorrect SQL (or XML) syntax. Missing commas or semi-colons where necessary or just fundamental code mistakes stemming from not have a good enough grasp on how database coding works, and what the various database-tables used in the game require and accept. These kinds of mistakes usually result for SQL files with messages likeSo look through database log for message saying "near" something there is a syntax error. "Near" in database.log lingo means previous to but that does not mean directly before an indicated character symbol. Sometimes the indicated error can be several lines before the indicated character. Database.log reports the "nearest" thing it can understand before the syntax error.

You might have incorrect ModBuddy / Modino file procedures

You might simply have typo mismatches such as calling something UNIT_CHEESEBURGLER in one place and UNIT_CHEESEBURLAR elsewhere. This will usually result in Invalid Reference messages in Database.log

You might have tried to add something to the game which it already has, such as a unit called UNIT_SETTLER. This sort of thing will always show up in Database.log as a Unique Constraint error message.

These are common types of errors that have probably come up with pointers to the needed solution earlier in this thread.
Ok. Thanks for your help!

When cities are captured the buildings are pillaged. Is there any way to edit the sql to prevent this?
If not, is there any way for you to be able to repair a building you haven't researched yet?
I was looking for an answer to this question as well! As far as I can tell there is no way to make a building immune to being pillaged on city capture - though I'd be happy if someone could correct me!

The best workaround I've come up with is to use a lua script to handle the Events.CityInitialized event, check if the building I care about is pillaged, and if it is remove and recreate it. This effectively makes the building behave as if it were immune from being pillaged.

Hello all! I am a very novice modder trying to make a custom civilization. Because I do not know much about creating code, I have tried using civilization modding templates. However, I have tried every template I could find and none worked for me. Does anybody have a template or a place to get one in mind, possibly by a well-known modder like sukritact or gedemo?

@Phillip12345 - You can try maconnolly's template located here.

*Edit: It looks like you've already posted in that thread, and presumably tried that template. You might post a separate thread in the Mod Creation Help sub-forum with your completed mod attached as a zip file. From your post over in mac's thread it looks like you're having issues with the mod loading, so it would be beneficial to also post your Database, Modding, & Lua log files as a zip file as well to help others in debugging.

Last edited:
I just want to make a quick personal mod where I add a few custom city, river, desert names etc. Whats the best way to go about this?

I just want to make a quick personal mod where I add a few custom city, river, desert names etc. Whats the best way to go about this?
there -
Code:
    <Types>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>  
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>  
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>  
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>  
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>                                  
    </Types>

<NamedRivers>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT_RIVER_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN_RIVER_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA_NAME"/>
    </NamedRivers>

<NamedLakes>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE_NAME"/>
    </NamedLakes>

<NamedMountains>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA_NAME"/>  
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA_NAME"/>      
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA_NAME"/>                          
    </NamedMountains>
just find out civ u need to add cities in data files and insert in sql or xml in ur mod file

@Phillip12345 - You can try maconnolly's template located here.

*Edit: It looks like you've already posted in that thread, and presumably tried that template. You might post a separate thread in the Mod Creation Help sub-forum with your completed mod attached as a zip file. From your post over in mac's thread it looks like you're having issues with the mod loading, so it would be beneficial to also post your Database, Modding, & Lua log files as a zip file as well to help others in debugging.
I have tried maconnolly's template before, and it didn't work. However, I think the problem is that I don't know how to insert the proper art. Do you know a solution to this?

I have tried maconnolly's template before, and it didn't work. However, I think the problem is that I don't know how to insert the proper art. Do you know a solution to this?
Are you sure it was the template that was the problem? As I stated before, it would be best to start a thread with your finished mod and game logs in the Mod Creation sub-forum. Otherwise, it'll be very difficult for anyone to determine what the issue is, as it could be a multitude of things.

Are you sure it was the template that was the problem? As I stated before, it would be best to start a thread with your finished mod and game logs in the Mod Creation sub-forum. Otherwise, it'll be very difficult for anyone to determine what the issue is, as it could be a multitude of things.
Ok.

there -
Code:
    <Types>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_RIVER"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE" Kind="KIND_NAMED_LAKE"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>
        <Row Type="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA" Kind="KIND_NAMED_MOUNTAIN"/>                               
    </Types>

<NamedRivers>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT_RIVER_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN_RIVER_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedRiverType="NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA" Name="LOC_NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA_NAME"/>
    </NamedRivers>

<NamedLakes>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedLakeType="NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE" Name="LOC_NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE_NAME"/>
    </NamedLakes>

<NamedMountains>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA_NAME"/>   
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK_NAME"/>
        <Row NamedMountainType="NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA" Name="LOC_NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA_NAME"/>                       
    </NamedMountains>
just find out civ u need to add cities in data files and insert in sql or xml in ur mod file

Thanks. Where do I find this? Also how do I add them to a specific civ. Like if i wanted to add a river that flows through my hometown and make it an american river how do I do that

Last edited:
Thanks. Where do I find this? Also how do I add them to a specific civ. Like if i wanted to add a river that flows through my hometown and make it an american river how do I do that
there -
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- NamedRiverCivilizations
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
INSERT INTO NamedRiverCivilizations   
        (NamedRiverType,                       CivilizationType)           
VALUES    ('NAMED_RIVER_DNIEPER',                   'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_RIVER_PRIPYAT',                   'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_RIVER_NEMAN',                   'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_RIVER_WESTERN_DVINA',           'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_RIVER_SVISLOCH',               'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),                       
        ('NAMED_RIVER_BEREZINA',               'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB');

-- NamedLakeCivilizations
INSERT INTO NamedLakeCivilizations
        (NamedLakeType,                           CivilizationType)           
VALUES    ('NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_NAROCH',                   'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DOLGOE',                   'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_OSVEISKOE',               'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_DRISVYATY',               'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),               
        ('NAMED_LAKE_LAKE_CHERVONE',               'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB');               

-- NamedMountainCivilizations
INSERT INTO NamedMountainCivilizations
        (NamedMountainType,                           CivilizationType)           
VALUES    ('NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DZERZHINSKAJA',            'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_MOUNTAIN_LYSAYA',                    'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_MOUNTAIN_DUBOVAYA',                    'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),
        ('NAMED_MOUNTAIN_MAYAK',                    'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB'),               
        ('NAMED_MOUNTAIN_ZAMKAVAYA',                'CIVILIZATION_RB_RB');
it s in sql
also u cant' add a river that flows through ur hometown , cuz it just random choice from the list , or u can just live one river to ur civ ,and other rivers will be named werever...also u can do it for ur new civ....for exited civ u can add to list or if u need only one rever delete others from update delete

Hello all! I just started playing the Civ series just this year and fell in love with it. Then I have won with all Civs consistently on Immortal so I tried looking for mods to help me win easier on deity. So I am using p0kiehl's Civilization Expanded and it's gotten pretty easy to win, especially Culture Victories. Now, I got bored with the bland (vanilla) pantheon beliefs so I used his Better Pantheons and now I wanted to try using Religion Expanded. But I got hit with this problem. I am totally a newbie at modding and have just delved into modding for the sake of this error but havent gotten quite around it. So I created this account to ask this question. PS: this is not my mod, this is p0kiehl's Religion Expanded https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178185727

[3059243.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: table UnitAbilities has no column named Permanent
[3059243.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: table UnitAbilities has no column named Permanent
[3059244.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: near ",": syntax error
[3059244.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3059244.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3059244.666] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3059244.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Modifiers.SubjectRequirementSetId - "BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2" does not exist in RequirementSets
[3059244.666] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on Modifiers.SubjectRequirementSetId - "BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2" does not exist in RequirementSets
[3059244.666] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.

i do not know if these are the relevant codes
Code:
--=============================================================================================================
-- RELIGION EXPANDED: ABILITIES
--=============================================================================================================
-- Types
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO Types
        (Type,                                Kind)
VALUES    ('ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT',        'KIND_ABILITY'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT',    'KIND_ABILITY'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD',        'KIND_ABILITY');
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Tags
INSERT INTO Tags
        (Tag,                            Vocabulary)
VALUES    ('CLASS_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT',    'ABILITY_CLASS');
-- TypeTags
INSERT INTO TypeTags
        (Type,                                Tag)
VALUES    ('UNIT_BUILDER',                    'CLASS_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT'),
        ('UNIT_SETTLER',                    'CLASS_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT',        'CLASS_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT',    'CLASS_RELIGIOUS_ALL'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD',        'CLASS_MELEE');
-- UnitAbilities
INSERT INTO UnitAbilities
        (UnitAbilityType,                    Name,                                        Description,                                        Inactive,    ShowFloatTextWhenEarned,    Permanent)
VALUES    ('ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT',        'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT_NAME',        'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT_DESCRIPTION',        1,            0,                            1),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT',    'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT_NAME',    'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT_DESCRIPTION',    1,            0,                            1),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD',        'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD_NAME',        'LOC_ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD_DESCRIPTION',            1,            0,                            1);
-- UnitAbilityModifiers
INSERT INTO UnitAbilityModifiers
        (UnitAbilityType,                    ModifierId)
VALUES    ('ABILITY_P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT',        'P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT_MOVEMENT_BONUS'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT',    'P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT_COMBAT_BONUS'),
        ('ABILITY_P0K_BY_THE_SWORD',        'P0K_BY_THE_SWORD_CITY_RELIGION_COMBAT');
-- Modifiers
INSERT INTO Modifiers
        (ModifierId,                                ModifierType)
VALUES    ('P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT_MOVEMENT_BONUS',        'MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNIT_ADJUST_MOVEMENT'),               
        ('P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT_COMBAT_BONUS',        'MODIFIER_UNIT_ADJUST_COMBAT_STRENGTH'),
        ('P0K_BY_THE_SWORD_CITY_RELIGION_COMBAT',    'MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNIT_ADJUST_CITY_ON_CAPTURE');               
--ModifierArguments
INSERT INTO ModifierArguments
        (ModifierId,                                Name,        Value)
VALUES    ('P0K_FERVENT_SPIRIT_MOVEMENT_BONUS',        'Amount',    1),
        ('P0K_MILITARISTIC_SECT_COMBAT_BONUS',        'Amount',    5),
        ('P0K_BY_THE_SWORD_CITY_RELIGION_COMBAT',    'Enable',    1);

Code:
-- RELIGION EXPANDED: FOLLOWER BELIEFS (XP2)
-- Add a new Belief that restores the original Work Ethic ability.
-- Buff the updated Religious Community Belief (name changed to Indulgences in Updated_Belief_Text_XP2.sql)
-- Types
INSERT INTO Types
        (Type,                            Kind)
VALUES    ('BELIEF_P0K_FRUITS_OF_LABOR',    'KIND_BELIEF');
-- Beliefs
INSERT INTO Beliefs       
        (BeliefType,                    Name,                                    Description,                                    BeliefClassType)
VALUES    ('BELIEF_P0K_FRUITS_OF_LABOR',    'LOC_BELIEF_P0K_FRUITS_OF_LABOR_NAME',    'LOC_BELIEF_P0K_FRUITS_OF_LABOR_DESCRIPTION',    'BELIEF_CLASS_FOLLOWER');
-- BeliefModifiers
DELETE FROM BeliefModifiers WHERE BeliefType = 'BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY';

INSERT INTO BeliefModifiers
        (BeliefType,                    ModifierId)
VALUES    ('BELIEF_P0K_FRUITS_OF_LABOR',    'WORK_ETHIC_FOLLOWER_PRODUCTION'), -- restoring old version of Work Ethic
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL'),
        ('BELIEF_RELIGIOUS_COMMUNITY',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL');
-- Requirements
INSERT INTO Requirements
        (RequirementId,                                        RequirementType)
SELECT    'P0K_RELIGION_REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_' ||BuildingType,    'REQUIREMENT_CITY_HAS_BUILDING'
FROM Buildings WHERE EnabledByReligion = 1;
-- RequirementArguments
INSERT INTO RequirementArguments
        (RequirementId,                                        Name,            Value)
SELECT    'P0K_RELIGION_REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_' ||BuildingType,    'BuildingType',    BuildingType
-- RequirementSets
INSERT INTO RequirementSets
        (RequirementSetId,                            RequirementSetType)
VALUES    ('P0K_RELIGION_CITY_HAS_WORSHIP_BUILDING',    'REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ANY');
-- RequirementSetRequirements
INSERT INTO RequirementSetRequirements
        (RequirementSetId,                            RequirementId)
SELECT    'P0K_RELIGION_CITY_HAS_WORSHIP_BUILDING',    'P0K_RELIGION_REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_' ||BuildingType
-- Modifiers
INSERT INTO Modifiers
        (ModifierId,                                                    ModifierType,                                                        SubjectRequirementSetId)
VALUES    ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                    'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                    'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_DOMESTIC',        'CITY_HAS_HOLY_SITE'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                        'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                            'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_DOMESTIC',        'BUILDING_IS_SHRINE'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                        'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                            'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_DOMESTIC',        'BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                    'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_DOMESTIC',        'P0K_RELIGION_CITY_HAS_WORSHIP_BUILDING'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_INTERNATIONAL',    'CITY_HAS_HOLY_SITE'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_INTERNATIONAL',    'BUILDING_IS_SHRINE'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_INTERNATIONAL',    'BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER',                                'CITY_FOLLOWS_RELIGION_REQUIREMENTS'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_INTERNATIONAL',    'P0K_RELIGION_CITY_HAS_WORSHIP_BUILDING');
--ModifierArguments
INSERT INTO ModifierArguments
        (ModifierId,                                                    Name,            Value)
VALUES    ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                    'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                        'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                        'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC',                    'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_DOMESTIC_MODIFIER',            'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',    'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_HOLY_SITE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',    'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_SHRINE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_TEMPLE_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'Amount',        1),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL',                'ModifierId',    'P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'YieldType',    'YIELD_GOLD'),
        ('P0K_INDULGENCES_WORSHIP_TRADING_INTERNATIONAL_MODIFIER',        'Amount',        1);

BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2 is part of Gathering Storm so the mod will only work correctly with Gathering Storm.

Not sure how in the world you are getting this error message
Code:
Since the UnitAbilities table does in fact have such a column, and so far as I know has always had that column.

Hello all! I just started playing the Civ series just this year and fell in love with it. Then I have won with all Civs consistently on Immortal so I tried looking for mods to help me win easier on deity. So I am using p0kiehl's Civilization Expanded and it's gotten pretty easy to win, especially Culture Victories. Now, I got bored with the bland (vanilla) pantheon beliefs so I used his Better Pantheons and now I wanted to try using Religion Expanded. But I got hit with this problem. I am totally a newbie at modding and have just delved into modding for the sake of this error but havent gotten quite around it. So I created this account to ask this question. PS: this is not my mod, this is p0kiehl's Religion Expanded https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178185727
I just enabled and ran both mods (I am subscribed to both) and I get no error messages whatever in Datgabase.log related to either of these mods. In fact all I get are the "Standard" message everyone gets when they load up and start a game session.

The trouble has to be in some other mod re the error message for the invalid column.

BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2 is part of Gathering Storm so the mod will only work correctly with Gathering Storm.

Not sure how in the world you are getting this error message
Code:
Since the UnitAbilities table does in fact have such a column, and so far as I know has always had that column.

I have all the DLCs except the NFP (dont know if it has been released yet)

I just enabled and ran both mods (I am subscribed to both) and I get no error messages whatever in Datgabase.log related to either of these mods. In fact all I get are the "Standard" message everyone gets when they load up and start a game session.

The trouble has to be in some other mod re the error message for the invalid column.

I only have 6 other mods enabled as of now, CIVITAS Resources, Latin America Resources, p0kiehls Better Pantheons, Sukritact's Resources, Ancient Egyptian Pantheons and Civilizations Expanded. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am using an android phone? It worked quite well with the other mods except Religion Expanded hmm anyways thank you for replying!!

Last edited:
BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2 is part of the "base" GS code at least on the PC version of the game. Similar for the Permanent column in table UnitAbilities -- it's part of the base definitions of the tables used in the PC version of the game.

Other platforms == :dunno:

Not even sure if a mod can reliably detect the platform being used

BUILDING_IS_TEMPLE_XP2 is part of the "base" GS code at least on the PC version of the game. Similar for the Permanent column in table UnitAbilities -- it's part of the base definitions of the tables used in the PC version of the game.

Other platforms == :dunno:

Not even sure if a mod can reliably detect the platform being used

Oh okay thank you very much! The other windows/pc mods, as mentioned earlier in my reply, are currently working fine. Just this particular one (religion expanded) isn't working hmm nevertheless, you helped a lot thank you :)

Hello, I was reading precedent answers on Belief and i was wondering: does anyone ever tried to match "favored belief" according to "favored religion" ? Like writing a line in the Religion to make sure the Leader founding Catholicism would chose the Cathedral Belief ? Sorry if it already exist

I would like to increase the frequency of comet strikes, but I don't understand the OccurrencesPerGame modifier. I see that some modifiers like RANDOM_EVENT_FLOOD_1000_YEAR have the occurrences per game set to 1. Here is my guess: If a random even is triggered, the game looks to see what pool of random events can occur. Then the probability of a specific event happening is based on the occurrences per game, with a lower value being more likely. Is that correct?

What would happen if that value was zero? Would that random even not happen?

Here is the relevant code:
Code:
    <Row RandomEventType="RANDOM_EVENT_COMET_STRIKE" RealismSettingType="REALISM_SETTING_APOCALYPSE" OccurrencesPerGame="400"/>
    <Row RandomEventType="RANDOM_EVENT_COMET_STRIKE_TARGETED" RealismSettingType="REALISM_SETTING_APOCALYPSE" OccurrencesPerGame="200"/>

Top Bottom