1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

quick question about date of finish

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by kryszcztov, Jun 15, 2003.

1. kryszcztov

kryszcztov Chieftain

Hum, I was just wandering, in GOTM or any other games, when you win the game, the victory message appears during the interturn. So what is the date of finish, the year before or after this message ?
    Consider my GOTM 19 game. I played until 1525ad, then click on "next turn", then got the message (space victory : launched spaceship during interturn, when city improvements are built). So I submitted my game, indicating I won in 1530ad, but sending my 1525ad save of course.

Was I right ? What do you think ? Could anyone give an exhaustive list of all victory / defeat possibilities considering this ? It's about a dozen (max.) possibilities anyway... Thank you ! :)

2. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

You were right. We use the date the turn 'after' victory.

You can (and it's actually prefered) submit a save from the turn after.