• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick question: Blight hits twice - bug or feature?

Willgar

Prince
Is this a known bug or new game mechanic? (one of my city has +52 unhealthyness points from blight)

It was a bug that was fixed in patch C....

If you are on patch C, then I think it scales with city size....

hmm - odd, think i patched to c - do you know if it is possible to check the patch version that is running?

It is in the readme file in the FFH modfolder.

Had Blight 3 times in a Patch c game. Perhaps Pestilence-event unhealthyness is counted as Blight in City screen? (has some of these events so that could be it just wanted to make sure its not a bug.)

I believe I read that, while blight no longer strikes everyone once per leader like it used to, it now triggers whenever the AC goes to 40, not just the first time. Thus if the AC hovers around 40, fluctuating a little up and a little down, it will keep hitting over and over again.

Ahhh never realised there was a seperate blight event - played on and it has happened a 3rd time although overall unhealthness has dropped somewhat

Its should be impossible for Blight to hit more than once. But pestilence will also hit your temporary unhealthy counter (which I think shows on the city screen as blight).

I've wondered about this too. I've been playing as the Luchurip for a whole game with .31d and I've gotten blight hitting me twice. The first time happened when I hit AC 40, and another time maybe 30 or so turns later (I can't remember what the AC was then. I had the "Final Days" option on, so the AC was moving erraticly).

i was playing latest patch but still noticed that Blight hitted twice in 2 turns (AC go to 40, drop to 39, and then go again up.). I had -84 unhealth for pop 16 city, please recheck.

had blight two times when playing with Sidar and FoL. Once at 40 and once some turns later (maybe 45). patch c or d (can't remember sorry)

I went through the code for blight and as far as I can tell it looks good (its shouldn't ever trigger more than once, though pestilence can trigger multiple times).

I went through the code for blight and as far as I can tell it looks good (its shouldn't ever trigger more than once, though pestilence can trigger multiple times).

Excuse my ignorance but is the pestilence event based on the AC counter? Or is it like the random events we get "Women found mudered etc" ?

I didnt even realise these were different things - just assumed it was all the same as it just appears as "blight" under the city screen...

Excuse my ignorance but is the pestilence event based on the AC counter? Or is it like the random events we get "Women found mudered etc" ?

I didnt even realise these were different things - just assumed it was all the same as it just appears as "blight" under the city screen...

Pestilence is a random event that only occurs when the AC is over 40. Blight is a set event that always happens when the AC hits 40 (and never happens again). They both have similar effects but pestilence is about half as powerful.

oh, well then it was pestilence, not blight which made the effect that I thought was a second blight. sorry for my ignorance :)

Does Blight ever end? Is there anything you can do about it?

Well the unhealthiness goes down one per turn, so yeah it ends, and if you wanted to do something about it then buildings that give healthiness would be a good start...

Top Bottom