Quick question.

Mozzington

Prince
Hello,

Sorry for the dumb question, I am sure this is simple for the most of you but not to me. Just got a new PC and am going to instal CIV4 again. Regarding patches, do I just need to download the latest patch or do I need to get all the old ones too?

Also, do I just install BTS or do I install Warlords as well?

Cheers in advance.

You only need to install BtS unless you want to play the Warlords Scenarios.

I don't know if the 3.17 patch includes all of the content of the 3.13 patch because I haven't patched to 3.17 yet. I am waiting for a few weeks to see if it is stable and if it fixes more than it breaks.

Patch 3.17 contains everything in 3.13 unless they changed anything again.

You need vanilla to play BtS, but warlords is unnessasary. As nbcman said, all you get from that is the warlords senarios such as Alexander, Genghis Khan, Chinese Unification, and a few others. (those are the ones that I can remember)

Patch 3.17 contains everything in 3.13 unless they changed anything again.

You need vanilla to play BtS, but warlords is unnessasary. As nbcman said, all you get from that is the warlords senarios such as Alexander, Genghis Khan, Chinese Unification, and a few others. (those are the ones that I can remember)

You don't need vanilla to play BtS, all you need in some copy of Civ 4 and a copy of BtS.

You don't need vanilla to play BtS, all you need in some copy of Civ 4 and a copy of BtS.

Just to clarify, you need to have the base game ("vanilla") installed in order to play BtS. You don't need to insert the Civ IV CD to play BtS, just the BtS CD.

Just to clarify, you need to have the base game ("vanilla") installed in order to play BtS. You don't need to insert the Civ IV CD to play BtS, just the BtS CD.

No... I've only got regular Civ 4, not vanilla or gold edition and I can play BtS.

Top Bottom