1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Start 2016-12-06

Mainly for Modders

1. Mynex

Mynex Chieftain

Mynex submitted a new resource:

Quick Start - Mainly for Modders

Read more about this resource...

racha likes this.
  2. noisy

noisy Chieftain

2 quick questions if i may (new here - fanatic civ player though)

Removing Sean Bean's intro speech is really going to affect the loading time of a game or the time required to create a new game???

If yes, is it possible to only do that instead of messing with the game core too much by removing logos and videos etc???

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

3. Mynex

Mynex Chieftain

Removing Sean Bean's audio does NOT speed up game load time.

4. weregamer

weregamer Gandhi of the Mongols

Yeah, I'd really like to see something that strictly speeds up the process from hitting "play" to getting into a game, and I have a fast internet connection so I doubt the 2K hookup matters to me either.

Could you add instructions confirming my suspicion that I just need to replace the video file if all I want is to get rid of the silly logos?

5. Mynex

Mynex Chieftain

If you just replace the video file (the .bk2) one, then it does get rid of the company starting logo movies (Firaxis, My2K, and AMD).

6. Mynex

Mynex Chieftain

7. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Yo bro thanks for making this, I can't stand Sean Bean, we went from incredibly great Spock, to him, come on he doesn't know what is going on in the game, whether he dies or not. hahahaha! :lol::thumbsup:

8. Thierry Jacques

Thierry Jacques Chieftain

I know this kinda comes a little late into this discussion, but here'a another improvement to start the game faster :

You can modify the file Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\IntroScreen.lua to skip the 'Continue' button press at the start.

Replace the

Startup();

at the very bottom of the file with

--Startup();
    AcceptEULA();

and it will skip the required button press after skipping the logos with the aforementioned method.

Also- In the same folder, you can modify the MainMenu.lua file to have the main menu appear instantly. Change this value :

local PAUSE_INCREMENT = 0;

Finally, I don't know what was the exact impact of this next change I tried, but so far I kept it and the final results still makes the main menu pleasing to use while possibly faster :

The file is MainMenu.xml (still in the same folder), and I changed each instance of 'Speed' to Speed="100", and each instance of 'Pause' to Pause="0".

I am still looking for a way to modify files in order to completely skip the logos ans EULA, and will edit this post if I find the actual way :)

9. ancho

ancho Chieftain

Mac path:
    /Users/***YOU***/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Civ6.app/Contents/Assets/Base/Assets/UI

10. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Even if you loose the originals, with steam you can recover files, steam replaces all with original doing this :)