R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Projects don't come right away, there is connection to specific date.
May see here for example http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10874295&postcount=304

The same thing happened several times.
Clear all cash, make some back and forth changes in video options. Such tricks help me.

There were several versions of T-34 with 76 gun.
And yes this gun was from very beginning.
In this mod T-34 is for first versions of tank.
And T-34/76 is for upgrade versions which was till T-34-85.

Thnx Scoles!! The list was very helpful!! Tho now I have to wonder why I couldn't build kv-2s.....I was in 1940 january......the list says it was available from Dec.1939....
Clearing cache didn't work for me but I'll try some back and forth changes.
So t34/76 in this mod is a little bit upgraded version....I see.
Thnx again for helping me.

Edit: Wait I was actually in March 1940!! On a realistic basis, t34 should have been available......
And Restarting the computer made the game work again :D
Anyway thnx for helping.

One more thing. It's not technically a bug, I guess. But In the first turn, all of city-state city defense are low(top is 12 I think.) So as USSR or Nazi Germany, you can seize polish cities from the first turn.(pinsk for USSR, and Nazi can damage a lot of city with their bombers....)

Would there be a way to fix that?

Tho now I have to wonder why I couldn't build kv-2s.....I was in 1940 january......the list says it was available from Dec.1939....
Not all units from those list have been already added to the MOD.

You'll be able to research project in any city with military academy.
After researching is completed new unit is available in any city with appropriate factory.

Not all units from those list have been already added to the MOD.

After researching is completed new unit is available in any city with appropriate factory.

I know, but kv-2 was added.....Seems the project hasn't come up yet. same with t34s....and others.

Btw,are the projects unlocked by date only? I mean are there projects unlocked by units experience or other factors?

Edit: On turn 34 I Got the t34 project available. It's not exact date, but it's fine. can't wait to build 'em. :D Wait. Is this a joke??lol(T-34 in Turn 34......)

can someone please post a savegame because i want to find out if my bug has to do with saving or loading

Definitely not the best save but try mine. USSR 30 turns and in war against Germany.

And while you are checking, could you check if projects other than 'heavy bomber' and 'sovietsky soyuz battleship' is available at Moscow?? You don't have to do it, but...If you could, that would be really nice.

Attachments

• Joseph Stalin - Turn 30 - May 1, 1940.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73

Oh I see, you must build a Military Academy in a city in order to build the units unlocked by research? I will try this in my current game.

Oh I see, you must build a Military Academy in a city in order to build the units unlocked by research? I will try this in my current game.

You need the Military Academy to work on a project.(research) After the project is complete, you don't need the Military Academy to build them. You just need the factories.

So If Moscow has Military Academy and Leningrad has Land Factory(No military academy), U can't research t34 on Leningrad but after you research on Moscow, You can build them on Leningrad. If Moscow does not have land factory, Moscow can't build t34s although they researched them...

Perfect! Thanks for the clarification Post Scriptum. Now I really can't wait to try this out. I usually don't build Military Academies so I never figured this out.

I know, but kv-2 was added.....Seems the project hasn't come up yet. same with t34s....and others.

Btw,are the projects unlocked by date only? I mean are there projects unlocked by units experience or other factors?
Added?
Then I have not got this project too :)

Conditions are next:
date of project
military academy in the city for researching

I've been watching the navies a bit more closely, and maybe there's some method to the AI's madness so I must retract what I said about the vanilla Civ 5 naval behavior seeming totally aimless.. The Bismarck sat for many turns in the North Atlantic, surrounded at a safe distance by most of the Royal Navy, which never attacked, though occasionally a destroyer sailed by on its way elsewhere and received a potshot on its way by. Turn after turn the Wellingtons pounded it, and though there were better uses for the bombers (but only if they rebased first) the plan seemed to be based on beating the Bismark cautiously and patiently, and probably more cheaply than a naval attack would have. Also, I think sometimes it's possible not to notice that ships attack each other since all the attacks happen at once right at the beginning of the AI turn. Enemies do seem to get some damage.

And certainly you've really improved the subs/destroyers dynamic Gedemon, and now you really have to hide the subs. And they are less lethal on attack (but still appropriately threatening). They don't kill embarked units in one hit anymore.

Unfortunately, the tendency of the AI to attack against terrible odds across rivers or from embarked units makes for some inappropriately effective defensive fighting tactics. Line up the French or the British on the west of the Rhine and just watch the Germans beat themselves into submission. Works on any river near a city. I know this is a vanilla Civ5 AI issue, but it is too bad since it makes the difference between losing Paris or not. Hard to know what could be done about this since just dialing up the Germans' strength wouldn't really fix it.

What a great mod! I've lost far too much sleep on this. The projects are a blast, and I think the way certain projects lead to slow automatic upgrades in the field (the Spitfire and Me109 for eg) is a great idea and well balanced. I like the limited number of units, which makes you be as attached to them as with Panzer General core units, and the way materiel works really makes you be careful about building a huge tank army, and choose how to attack. The Blitz promotion isn't always a no-brainer as a result. And gradually, I seem to be finding information in the Civilopedia, which is there but requires some poking around.

Thanks for all this work again Gedemon (and Danron (?) for the unit graphics).

I've been watching the navies a bit more closely, and maybe there's some method to the AI's madness so I must retract what I said about the vanilla Civ 5 naval behavior seeming totally aimless.. The Bismarck sat for many turns in the North Atlantic, surrounded at a safe distance by most of the Royal Navy, which never attacked, though occasionally a destroyer sailed by on its way elsewhere and received a potshot on its way by. Turn after turn the Wellingtons pounded it, and though there were better uses for the bombers (but only if they rebased first) the plan seemed to be based on beating the Bismark cautiously and patiently, and probably more cheaply than a naval attack would have. Also, I think sometimes it's possible not to notice that ships attack each other since all the attacks happen at once right at the beginning of the AI turn. Enemies do seem to get some damage.

And certainly you've really improved the subs/destroyers dynamic Gedemon, and now you really have to hide the subs. And they are less lethal on attack (but still appropriately threatening). They don't kill embarked units in one hit anymore.

Unfortunately, the tendency of the AI to attack against terrible odds across rivers or from embarked units makes for some inappropriately effective defensive fighting tactics. Line up the French or the British on the west of the Rhine and just watch the Germans beat themselves into submission. Works on any river near a city. I know this is a vanilla Civ5 AI issue, but it is too bad since it makes the difference between losing Paris or not. Hard to know what could be done about this since just dialing up the Germans' strength wouldn't really fix it.

What a great mod! I've lost far too much sleep on this. The projects are a blast, and I think the way certain projects lead to slow automatic upgrades in the field (the Spitfire and Me109 for eg) is a great idea and well balanced. I like the limited number of units, which makes you be as attached to them as with Panzer General core units, and the way materiel works really makes you be careful about building a huge tank army, and choose how to attack. The Blitz promotion isn't always a no-brainer as a result. And gradually, I seem to be finding information in the Civilopedia, which is there but requires some poking around.

Thanks for all this work again Gedemon (and Danron (?) for the unit graphics).

I agree with you...

I think battle ships usually attack when enemy is adjacent to them, but doesn't hunt down the enemy.....destroyers hunt down subs and in the process may attack other ships...(A Germany destroyer attacked my battleship!) And they don't seem to care about bombers.....I saw britain destroyer get sunk by bombers and for the 5turns it was attacked it didn't move....

And AIs are really stupid.....Usually when I put a kv-1 across the river, German Panzer 35ts and panzer 1s attack me at full hp......and DIE.....and I saw an embarked unit(tank...) attack a city and also DIE.....

Post Scriptum: Just to correct the error, it's Danrell.(not Danron)

Pehaps lower the "attack over river" penalty until the AI can handle it, right now it's just too punishing...

There is a anti-AI suicide solution by Gedemon if you change an option in redww2defines.lua you can set to TRUE in order to prevent suicide attacks, but the game can freeze up during the middle of a turn.

There is a anti-AI suicide solution by Gedemon if you change an option in redww2defines.lua you can set to TRUE in order to prevent suicide attacks, but the game can freeze up during the middle of a turn.

Oh, well.....I for one is not doing that.....there are enough crashes for me right now....If the freezing is added,......I am literally going to freeze this computer....

Wait what are the requirements of a project???

I got t34 project on turn 34 and the next turn the game crashed. I loaded on autosave of turn 34, and no t34 projects this time......This is too confusing....

Thanks for the correction on Danrell's name, PostScriptum.

I haven't tried the T34 project but for all the others I've completed, you unlock them by having a Military Academy built in the city, but there are other conditions that also have to be met for many of the projects to be unlocked in a Military Academy city. In some cases you have to have a certain amount of combat experience with a particular unit (such as the Me109), in others, I think it's just time.

I have no idea why loading a saved game that previously allowed a project doesn't let you do it after the reload unless it's something simple like not scrolling down the list of things you can build far enough (sounds stupid but I've done that), or looking at the wrong city, or side-scrolling using the arrows beside the city name to a different city with the production menu still open. That seems to confuse the game a bit about what to display for which city.

Thanks for the correction on Danrell's name, PostScriptum.

I haven't tried the T34 project but for all the others I've completed, you unlock them by having a Military Academy built in the city, but there are other conditions that also have to be met for many of the projects to be unlocked in a Military Academy city. In some cases you have to have a certain amount of combat experience with a particular unit (such as the Me109), in others, I think it's just time.

I have no idea why loading a saved game that previously allowed a project doesn't let you do it after the reload unless it's something simple like not scrolling down the list of things you can build far enough (sounds stupid but I've done that), or looking at the wrong city, or side-scrolling using the arrows beside the city name to a different city with the production menu still open. That seems to confuse the game a bit about what to display for which city.

I dunno what is the problem either.....Basically, I was supposed to get a message saying 'a new project is available.' When that didn't come out, I checked the city. No projects available....It was Moscow, and It had Land factory, Military Academy, Military base, etc. Only 'Heavy Bomber' and 'Sovietsky Soyuz' was available......The same thing happened with Il-4 project for me. It appeared, next turn the game crashed, I loaded again and played again, not available.....It's really frustrating....I really wanted to build those two....And I multi-checked so I don't think I made any mistakes...

Even when I load it and do the exactly same thing and pass the turn, not available....

In my current game Ive gotten all the projects and now that I understand how the upgrades work I really love the mechanic...

Still have to adjust to have to handle france early game where they seem to have alot of units which are hard to handle with panzer1s and 3s, rushing for the cities and Paris ofcos removes em quite fast but still :p

Also cannot wait for whatever is planned for north Africa :)

Top Bottom