1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. D712

D712 His Imperial Majesty

So, before I download this, what are the playable civs here?

2. D712

Oh, and could someone give me directions on how to download?

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Download link and installation instructions on the CFC database
    -> The mod is split in two parts, you can't play it without both <-

:D

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

For the playable civs, here's the list for each scenario...

Europe 1939-1945:
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Italy
    United Kingdom
    U.S.S.R.

Europe / North America 1936:
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    United Kingdom
    U.S.A.
    U.S.S.R.

Earth 1942:

China (Nationalist)
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan
    United Kingdom
    U.S.A.
    U.S.S.R.

5. D712

Thank you for the download info ;)

Just wondering, but why isn't the Netherlands playable in the Europe one? I, personally, would love to play as them. Even if I do only have one city. And since they are going to release a Dutch civ in the new expansion pack, it'd be cool if it was in here too. Possibly a conjoined "Low-Countries" civ for Brussels and Amsterdam?

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Maybe, but I can't be sure of that.

Well, Danrell has made the units, and Netherlands would do good on a world map too, so if you're motivated enough, head to the development thread, provide us with enough material to make good DoM and diplo screen (that means at least 8-9 WW2 poster related to Netherlands), a mp3 speech of the leader, introduction texts like for the other nation in the mod, and then I'll add them.

Same goes for Hungary, Poland, Finland...

7. D712

What kind of speech? Like the historical person's voice?

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Okay, v.21 is uploaded on the CFC File Database.

Here's the change log :

v.21 (Mar 07, 2012):
    - Feature : code to manage AI naval troops transport (from embarking plot to debarking plot, used only on 1939 map ATM)
    - Feature : city can't be bombarded under 33% HP by air attacks, but once this threshold is reached, the damage that would have be done to the city can disable nearby improvements...
    - Changed : Vilnius is given to Poland at scenario start on the Europe 1939 map.
    - Tweaked : a few defines about AI opinion to prevent denouncing between allied nations.

I didn't expect to release it so soon, but alone I'm not able to test all variations, so I'm waiting for your reports, especially on the maritime troop transportation for the AI.

It works only on the Europe 1939 map ATM, be sure to leave the "Restrict AI Embarkation" checked on the setup menu.

Some more notes on the 1939 scenario because of the change since v.17 :

- With the addition of convoy, some plots get a bigger strategic importance.

- The side owning Suez will get convoy from here.

- For Germany, keeping friendly relation with Sweden (or invading...) is vital, and taking Narvik from Norway will give you convoy if the railroad to Kiruna is open during the winter months. The other part of the year, make sure that Kiruna-Lulea is clear and you'll get convoy from here. Once you're allied with Finland, you'll get convoy from Oulu if the road to Inari is clear (and it's not winter, Baltic sea is frozen at this time of the year... And no, don't ask me when I'll release the code for terrain variation with season, it's not written. Yet.)

- France and UK will get convoy from US via North Atlantic, so there's a good reason to fight here now.

There are also some other convoy between North Africa to France, and Libya to Italy.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, you've not tried the mod yet ? ;)

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've changed the requested patch to 1.0.1.511 as it seems that previous version miss some function in overridden files.

You can try to manually edit 2 files and see if it fix your problem, but I won't downgrad the mod on my side, that could pose more problems for future development.

Here are the edit to do (using notepad or another text editor)

Open InfoTooltipInclude.lua from the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v xx)\Override\UI" folder

find the three lines with the string "GetPolicyBuildingClassYieldModifier" like

Code:
    iGold = iGold + pActivePlayer:GetPolicyBuildingClassYieldModifier(buildingClassID, YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD);
    and add "-- " at the start of each line to comment them out of the code, like that

Code:
    -- iGold = iGold + pActivePlayer:GetPolicyBuildingClassYieldModifier(buildingClassID, YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD);
    then open MPList.lua from the same folder and find the line

Code:
    Events.MultiplayerPingTimesChanged.Add( OnPingTimesChanged );
    and comment it :

Code:
    -- Events.MultiplayerPingTimesChanged.Add( OnPingTimesChanged );
    save the change, try to play...

11. D712

Well I found a torrent that has Queen W.'s speech, but I don't know how to make it an mp3.

12. zgamer

zgamer Chieftain

Hello Again; I ended up finding a good copy of Civ (a legit one..funds were tight but im happy to plop down the money now for the game now that I can) And since im updated to .511 it works great, once again thank you for all the information, and all the help; And now to go enjoy your mod, Ill let you know if I have any other problems, and for all who may have gotten a...not legit version...its worth every penny believe me :)

Thanks again! :goodjob:

13. D712

Also, whenever I load it, the game won't allow me to build anything.

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Solution may be in the 2 posts above your's. Else see troubleshooting section of first post and post your LUA log after starting a new game, thx.

15. Achille44

Achille44 Chieftain

Hello Gedemon, I just download the v.21 and I tried the hotseat version of the europe scenario 39-45 playing France and UK, and at the first turn with france, I have to select the production in my cities. the issue is that I can build everything I want (all french units, all buildings of the game, all projects of every country and all wonders) in the 2 first cities (Palmyra and Sidi Bel Abbes), and when I have to select the Ajaccio production, I can't select anything... :think: I also notice that I didn't have any unit in the whole map... :crazyeye:

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Damn, I broke something between my final last test and the release :D

Looking at it right now.

edit : stupid me.

loading a game was working fine, initializing a new one is failing, I hadn't tested the latter before releasing, sorry, fix coming ASAP

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

fix uploaded

v.22 (Mar 08, 2012):
    - Bugfix : initializing a new game was failing.

Looks like I'm ready to become a professional game programmer, each "big" release is now followed by a hotfix :D

18. Atchkizz

Atchkizz Chieftain

I played v.22 in hotseat as germany and soviet union and I got past the turn I usually get a runtime error plus the game was running alot more smoothly and was less choppy. I then quit to play as soviet union and greece so I wouldn't be playing against myself and I got a runtime error I believe before the match even loaded. My guess is that the runtime error is not caused by the map.

19. Atchkizz

Atchkizz Chieftain

Appears to also work with Soviet Union and UK

20. Achille44

Achille44 Chieftain

Thanks for the new version Gedemon :). Now the hotseat game works well, but I notice some minor bugs :
    - we can not see icons for planes ans submarines units (like we can see in my screenshot).
    - the color of the icons are not the rights ( I don't know if you can change that...) and the music it's not the same that in single player... but it's not very important ;)
    I just tried 4 turns for the moment so I don't know yet if there are issues with fights.

Attached Files: