R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

I don't know if it could serve you but last week end I went to the Tank museum of Saumur, and next to many many many... tanks of WWII, there was displayed the tank strength of the french and german armies in 1940. So just in case, here's the list :

french tanks :
- B1-bis : 320
- Somua S-35 : 275
- H39 : 665
- D2 : 195
- R35 : 855
- FCM 36 : 90
- FCM 2C : 10
- FT17 : 520
TOTAL : 3020 tanks

german tanks :
- Pz Kpfw I : 640
- Pz Kpfw II : 825
- Pz Kpfw III : 456
- Pz 35(t) and 38(t) : 396
- Pz Kpfw IV : 366
- StuG III : 36
TOTAL : 3039 tanks

Attachments

• 11837102_10208093212549441_391208222_o.jpg
    11837102_10208093212549441_391208222_o.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 12006999_10208093212109430_1000996438_o.jpg
    12006999_10208093212109430_1000996438_o.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 304
Also, I know that Italy and Germany are allied from 1940 onwards, but could there be an option to for Germany to invade Italy in 1943 as a result of allied landings? Even though Britain and none of the allies feel like advancing. Even on emperor difficulty.

Ok, so now whenever I conquer France with scripts turned on, somehow the borders between germany (me) and the ussr become open. Is this intended? Because now the russians are moving though MY territory and are massing in northern italy for no reason.

Gedemon - love the scenario, but I had a quick question.

Is there any way to reintroduce workers and building improvements? Or possibly city growth as well?

Can we edit the maximum damage a unit can take in a single attack? If so could you point me to the right section in the correct file?

Also as far as the 1939 scenario - at some point the US took over the garrisoning of Iceland from the UK. Perhaps that could be an event triggered by a project? American War Entry or some such? Just a thought for those who'd like to see the US show up too.

I'm playing the 1936 America-Europe scenario. Can someone tell me what aircraft carriers are used for, since I can't load AIRCRAFT on them???
Playing as America, how am I to get planes to Europe?

More detail on this problem:
Although the Yorktown-class carrier shows 3 slots for aircraft on the city build screen, selecting the actual unit (once it's built) mentions nothing about slots for aircraft. I've built 2 B-17s and a P-36 and none of them are able to rebase to the carrier (regardless of whether it's in port - with a harbor - or not). The orange rebase circle never appears around the carrier. Any suggestions?

Save attached, and any help would be really appreciated. This is a great mod, and I've played thru the 1939 scenario a couple of times with no problems whatsoever. But this apparent bug makes America unplayable in this scenario. I'm using v.44 of the mod and v.5 of the data files.

Save uploaded here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=472373

This is a great mod and it is really amazing for someone like me who always plays aggressive in Civ 5 games and who studies world war 2 but I still have some suggestions for improvements for the game if you would be kind enough to read them:
1) Could you please fix the bar on the top, with the new version it's impossible to read some of the info
2) The method of gold and economy is extremely difficult to manage (though I've only played as Britain) with large amounts of building maintenance and only two reliable ways to make money through cities (banks and Gold production) it's very difficult to not be limited drastically. I find convoys to be unreliable in what they give me.
3) Could you consider sorting out and fixing (I know it was extremely buggy before) the Europe and America map as the United States played a huge part in the war in Europe and it seems strange for them to be absent.
4) I understand that you want to make the Soviets conquer Poland instead of liberating it but one of the highlights of this mod (for me at least) is the ability to make a new better or worse alternate history and when playing as Britain I beat the Soviets to Warsaw but it's frustrating to see them then continue to attack that city that has recently been liberated, though I understand that this could be difficult.
5) May I suggest the return of research but not for the reason of unlocking new units and technology but instead for the research of the atom bomb which could be incredibly buffed for this scenario though this may be too far fetched

Are there time limits to unit projects? For example, can you build the Me-262 jet fighter or the Maus tank in 1941?

Is there a possibilty to change the starting date of the Standard v.44 and v.45 scenario (Europe 1939 - 1945) to 1936? I know that there are different scenarios with that starting time but these have too many undeveloped units and cities. Can I just change one number in one file to date it back to 1936? :)

Anyone know how to help me with that issue? *Again: I want to to use the standard 1939 - 1945 scenario with these units and cities but starting @ 1936

Playing v44 as germans. When I attacked copenhagen denmark surrendered and the message said remaining territory goes to britain.

Now there seems to be a problem:
1.) I cannot send my units which I sent to attack copenhagen back into the water.
2.) I cannot use the water tiles with copenhagen even though there is a harbor.

Can it be possible that the program "thinks" the water belongs to britain?

Is this a known bug?

Edit: It seems I can go into the water from the city itself but not from the other island tiles.

Maybe you took the city and the units havent the "embarkation" thing yet. Move them one tile away from harbor range and back to the city. This bug happens after you capture a harbored city and dont move.

Thanks SollingDown. It seems like it is just possible to enter the water from harbours. (I did not know that)

And the other thing that the water cannot be built on seems to be a tile-own feature, the water tiles are apparently just not set to an owner and thus cannot be built on.

So both are no bugs but my lack of knowledge of the scenario / civ5

Thank you a lot for creating a very interesting Mod and Scenario. I played the 1939 WW2 Scenario on Emperor Difficulty as Germany with Maginot and Siegried fortresses on and with history on and the 0.44 version.
It was a lot of fun, so in many ways the devs did a great job. I would like to add more feedback in more details below:

Spoiler :

City placement and size: very well done! The cities have different build capabilities and building etc. I like that a lot.

Map: Very nice! It looks very real, has appropriate terrain features, rivers etc.

Resources: I like the resources concept in principle. For me only the material resource mattered. I expected that the oil would be short for germany. But russia gave me oil, which I probably would not even had needed. I think the oil should be made more scarce, either by making the units use up more, or by making unit movement cost extra or by making air missions cost extra or other means. Also as far as I know Germany invaded Norway because of the oil. So Norway should have some oil and it should be useful. The personnel resource was not relevant for me - I always had enough.

Difficulty: overall the difficulty was somewhat easy mostly due to some problems of the AI. I was able to win the scenario already in December 1940, which surprised me a lot. The hardest part was getting into France because the Maginot line was practically impenetrable. I liked that part because in the real WW2 Germany had to take belgium because of this and I had to do the same.
After Paris fell the game became super easy. The Vichy trigger came and I was free to invade Great Britain immediately (as the british fleet was already 90% destroyed)
It was a surprise for me that the scenario ended, even though the war with the soviets did not even start yet.

Difficulty is always relative to player skill. So I am new to RED, did not play much of CIV5, but consider myself very experienced with turn based strategy games (including many civ versions).

Projects:
I like the Weserübung project. Getting 3 paratroopers in norway was a nice idea.
The operation Seelöwe was pretty much useless for me. It took so long to build that I had already taken almost all of england when it was finished.
In principle these operations / projects are a nice feature!
I also like the projects for unit improvements.

Documentation:
A lot of the documentation is well done. The ground units, see units, buildings are well done.
I did not find any info about the air units. Are these missing completely?
I also missed the information which air units I can build with which air factory. This is only an issue for beginners / people new to the mod / scenario.
In general the buildings should state which units they enable. E.g. Telling that the Land factory enables Panzer 3 and 4 would be interesting info. Same goes for other buildings

Also is there info available about recommended scenario settings. Which are the recommended setting (Difficulty and other items)?

AI issues:
Major issues:
The AI does not know what to do with its ships. They should hang around and do nothing mostly.
The AI does not understand the relative strenghts of the ships. It attacks my Bismark with its destroyers which is the worst possible move it could do.
The AI does not understand that subs can attack and move afterwards.
It was easy to destroy the british fleet due to the power of the subs. Did not lose a single ship while destroying the whole fleet of england.
Minor issues:
The AI does not understand that in this mod the cities are very week, the fortresses ultra strong and the units are relatively hard to kill. It likes to bombard fortresses with bombers even while being intercepted.
The AI probably (not sure) does not understand the support of field guns and howizers to regular combat.
The AI does pretty ok when they have made up a good battle line. But as soon as the line gets broken the ai crumbles to blitzkrieg tactic. It also does not know how to swap exposed or wounded units

Other Question:
Is there a plan or is it already in the game that the Americans get involved? Have you considered putting them (partially) in the West similar as in the WW2 scenario in CIV2?

Hey guys what do you think about German "Gebirgsjäger" Infantry which can walk over Mountains and gets a fighting bonus on hills/mountains as well as a movement bonus.

Hey guys what do you think about German "Gebirgsjäger" Infantry which can walk over Mountains and gets a fighting bonus on hills/mountains as well as a movement bonus.
I think that would be an interesting unit to have in the game but I think that it might be hard to implement because the only units in Civ 5 that can move over mountains are from DLC. It could be done by giving German paratroopers the drill promotion automatically. That would give them the bonus on hills and they would have the paratrooper movement bonus.

I love this mod and I am looking forward to seeing future versions released. The depth that is added is remarkable, is there a way to mod the units into a regular Civ 5 game? I'm new to coding so I'm only familiar with the small things...nothing on this scale.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I love this mod and I am looking forward to seeing future versions released. The depth that is added is remarkable, is there a way to mod the units into a regular Civ 5 game? I'm new to coding so I'm only familiar with the small things...nothing on this scale.
Thanks in advance for any help.

It's possible, search CivFanatics for a guide to create units, and all the resources (Mainly the 3d images/animations) for that unit is located in the R.E.D data files.

Top Bottom