Raliuven SG1

The end is near. Japan is down to 12 cities, France has 3, the Iroquois have two and Carthage has one.

Spoiler :

turn 0:
tour of cities - not much to change.
Move cavs on Edo, lose three cavs killing two samurai. Move settler to bridge road gap to Yokohama, move some cavs toward Iroquois.

IBT:
Japanese lose 3 longbows and a samurai, kill 3 cav.
Barbs get some workers.

Turn 1:
Japan:
Near New Fustat: kill 3 muskets, 3 samurai, 2 longbows,
At Edo: Kill samurai, retreat cav, lose 2 cavs, decide to wait for cannons.
Declare on Iroquois:
St Regis: kill 2 muskets, take city, no losses
Odessa: capture 3 workers moving into jungle
Oka: kill musket, take city losing one cav.
Near Leptis Minor: 3 cavs are needed to kill a loose elite knight.
At Pisae: 3 cavs kill 2 knights, take city. Cav kills nearby spear.
At Mauch Chunk: Lose 1 cav killing musket and pike to take city.
Cumae: Cav kills knight nearby
At Pompeii: Cav dies, cav retreats turning 3/3 musket into 3/4 musket.
IBT:
Japan: Samurai dies, 2 retreat, kill one cav, one musket. Japan unloads settler from boat by old Roman lands.
Iroquois: Knight kills cav.

Turn 2:
Japan: Kill 3 samurai, 1 musket, 1 longbow. It takes 2 cavs to kill the settler pair.
Iroquois:
Near Leptis Minor: 3 cavs are needed to kill knight, 2nd knight dies to 5/5 cav. Cav kills spear.
Pompeii: 2 cavs kill musket and spear, take city.
Odessa: Kill 2 spears and a longbow, no losses.
Near Tonawanda: kill knight
Allegheny: Army kills single musket, takes city and 3 workers.
Move cavalry toward island, toward Iroquois.
IBT:
Japan loses a longbow, redlines 2 samurai; we lose nothing.
Iroquois and Carthage make peace.

Turn 3:
Japan: Kill 2 samurai, 1 musket, 1 longbow near Yokohama.
Take Yokohama, losing 3 cavs. It takes 3 cavs to kill a redlined Samurai. :(
Move on Edo.
Iroquois:
Take Tonawanda, killing 3 muskets and a longbow, with no losses.
Lose 1 cav killing a musket, a pike, and a spear to take Niagara Falls.

IBT:
Nothing in Japan. Iroquois kill cav, lose longbow. Allegheny flips, taking army with it.

Turn 4:
Japan
Iroquois: Lose 1 cav taking Oil Springs (3 muskets, one knight)
5 cavs kill 5 spears on island, raze one city, take the other.
IBT: War weariness hits. Samurai retreats from musket.

Turn 5:
Iroquois: Kill 2 muskets, pike, spear at Salamanca, lose 1 cav.
1 retreat, 1 will retakes Allegheny.
Kill musket, 2 spears at Grand River, losing 1 cav
Abandon much of Old Iroquois, as I no longer need the space against cultural pressure.
Kill knight on island, finally see Roman settler - on the island.
Japan:
Lose 1, redline 1 razing city south of Yokohama.
Lose 1 razing Edo.
Kill samurai by Osaka
Kill 2 samurai by Satsuma
IBT:
Longbow attacks redlined MDI and dies. Empty Yokohama flips.

Turn 6:
Romans: Cav dies redlining spear, 2nd cav kills settler pair. Romans are gone.
Iroquois: Lose 2 cavs but take and raze Cattaraugus. Iroquois are down to one town, hidden behind Japan.
Japan: Kill samurai, musket, longbow, raze Osaka.
Lose 2 cavs razing Yokohama.
Kill longbow, get a leader.
IBT: Japanese sword kills musket. barbs get a worker.

Turn 7:
Peace deal with Carthage expires. Declare war.
Kill 2 NM, lose one cav razing Hispalis. Kill 1 NM, autoraze someplace.
Lose one cav razing Satsuma.
IBT: Iroquois knight kills 1/4 cav. Samurai dies promoting musket

turn 8:
Kill muskets at Nora and Ravenna, 2nd cavs retreat.
Kill musket and spear, autorazing Bizen.
Kill 2 muskets, 1 longbow at Shimonoseki, razing it.
Army kills Iroquois knight on the way to Tokyo.
Kill elite MDI, 4 longbows in stack near Tokyo.
Lose 2 cavs at Kagoshima to no effect.
IBT: Motion

Turn 9: Kill musket, 2 NM at Nora, raze it.
Kill NM at Ravenna, take city.
At Gades, cav dies to redlined musket, cav kills NM.
Kill Japanese longbow, 2 Iroquois longbows.
IBT: Longbow dies to musket, longbows kill 2 cavs.

Turn 10:
Kill longbow near Dijon, spear in Dijon
Cav dies at Gades.
Kill 2 samurai, raze Tokyo.
Kill 2 muskets, a spear, and a longbow at Kagoshima, razing it with no losses.

I rushed some cavs; we have lots of money. I didn't work at optimizing cities much; we've had fluctuating happiness so it was really tedious and we're basically mopping up now. Travel time is the only thing slowing us now.

Attachments

• Raliuven SG1 1250AD.SAV
    252.5 KB · Views: 168
creamcheese, why don't you take it and if there is anything left of the game, Overseer can have the option of picking it up. So the Roster looks like this:

ROSTER:

-Raliuven
-Elephantium
-CKS (just played)
-creamcheese (playing)
-TheOverseer714 (on deck)

If he is still out of it, the Roster will go back into its original order for the next set. One favor - if you win the game, please save the round before the win and post that along with the win (if you want, but at least post the turn before the win). Good luck!

The end is near.

Citizens have reported old men in white robes standing on street corners, shouting "SINNERS REPENT!" :old:

I rushed some cavs; we have lots of money. I didn't work at optimizing cities much; we've had fluctuating happiness so it was really tedious and we're basically mopping up now. Travel time is the only thing slowing us now.

Good work! Now the only thing to worry about would be an untimely rebellion. I'm glad Firaxis didn't implement such a feature! :)

Good work! Now the only thing to worry about would be an untimely rebellion. I'm glad Firaxis didn't implement such a feature! :)

Well, we could gift half our cities away to the French as an early Christmas gift to Joan. :crazyeye: :xmascheers:

I would have suggested Carthage but Hannibal is on a strict 5CC diet these days. ;)

Okay, played and won! I took lots of pics for my first SG win. Included final save, you should just hit enter and win.

Turn Log:
Spoiler :
Turn 0, 1250AD; I look around, notice I got left 5000+ gold! Rush 20ish cavs. Hit enter.

IBT; 1 samurai appears out of the fog, a lot of ships are moving and it appears we have a barbarian problem.

Turn 1, 1255AD; Move tons of cavs east towards japan, retreat attacking carthage's island city. Build roads. burn a former french city to the ground.

IBT; 4 japan units appear, more boats move, I will have to guard against landings.

Turn 2. 1260AD; Lose 4 cavs, take Kyoto, had library, but no use to us, burn it. Literally dozens of cav move up.

IBT; not much.

Turn 3, 1265AD; Lose 1 cav, burn Nagoya. Disband a barb camp. I have so many units I dont even have to wait for the cannons to arrive.

IBT; nada

Turn 4, 1270AD; Burns Nara, no losses. Capture Gades, Carthage is gone! Spend a fair amount of time moving gargantuan stacks forward.

IBT; nada

Turn 5, 1275AD; Lose 2 cav, Nuke Nagasaki. Take Hakodate, no losses. Lose 1 Cav, burn Matsuyama. Trade france metal for navigation so my caravels can cross oceans, also get WM.

IBT; nada

Turn 6, 1280AD; Burn sapporo, no losses. 18 cavs and two cav armies move to the outskirts of Akwesane.

IBT; nada

Turn 7, 1285AD; Burn New orleans and Akwesane, no losses. Burn uh, some other japanese city.

IBT; nada

Turn 8, 1290AD; Burn toyama, no losses. Lose 2 cav, burn amiens. Burn Chondote, no losses, Iros gone!

IBT; nada

Turn 9, 1295AD; Burn potiers, no losses. take cherbourg, no losses, France Gone! Take Fukushima, no losses. Japan Gone!

IBT; Get a Palace Expansion! Win the Game!!!

A bunch of pics for lurkers:
Spoiler :
It seems Fukushima did not last long enough to go nuclear.

We ended with 101 cavs :D. I love how you can see where Carthage got gassed in the histogram. The final score was 6705.

EDIT; fixed pics.

Attachments

• Raliuven SG1, 1295 AD.SAV
    241.9 KB · Views: 133
:woohoo:

Nice work!

It has been an honor playing with all of you! Thank you for giving PTW a go for this SG! Much appreciated! :D

Okay, 101 Cav at the end is maybe a little bit of overkill. :rolleyes: I'm actually a little surprised that the Japanese, with that whole area to themselves, didn't grow into a much bigger challenge. Those crazy samurai!

:thanx:

I was surprised myself, but I guess CKS gassed them pretty well. I also had decent luck on attacking with no artillery support (I think I fired one catapult in the whole turnset, and it was japanese), and a lot of gold to rush more cavs with. I at first thought I might go slowly but surely, but I realized I had so many units I just rammed them down their throats until they gave way.

An enjoyable experience, one I hope to repeat. Nice playing with you all!

Great job, everyone! When I get my Civ3 mojo back, I'd love to do another.

Congratulaions!
It was very interesting reading (on of the thread I checked almost every day)
You did it so fast (by 1300AD), but why did it take 130 hours?)

Congratulaions!
It was very interesting reading (on of the thread I checked almost every day)
You did it so fast (by 1300AD), but why did it take 130 hours?)

Thanks!

Time playing game: 2 hours, 23 minutes, 35 seconds.
Time writing a detailed log for posting: 127 hours, 36 minutes, 25 seconds. :D

Spoiler :
Most of us will get up an walk away to do something else and leave the game running. You should check out some of the times recorded on the GOTM or the HoF. We don't actually spend that much time playing.:D

Yes, last time i did the same.;) My game was loaded and I went walking and did some sport.)) BtW, when I played SG it took pretty much time to write a log.
Some of HoF took about 450 hours%) Even with logging it looks very much.

Top Bottom