Randland 1.0 -Wheel of Time Map (75x50)

By the way forgot too say the UUs include are just placeholders, didn't mean them seriously just wanted to have them on my screen once.

Although I think C.Rolands Conquistador would make a good Defender of the Stone:
The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
Chapter 30
Page 284 (HC);

"Defenders of the Stone wear black and gold coats with puffy sleeves as well as plumes of various colors on their rimmed round helmets to mark officers and under-officers"

and Tear is also famed for its horses, so I believe the Defender are maybe at least sometimes a Cavalry;)

Generally I think Knights of the south coast should be Conquistador Style considering the conditions of the climate.

About the "Illian Fellows" I can't say if this is a correct term for the Illian Elite Soldiers cause I'm not a native speaker of english language and am forced to translate from german sources. It sounds a bit strange to my ear now.

Sureshot said:
Darkfriends/True Source (Blight) [tech or wonder : Hole in the Dark Ones Prison]

I'd like the idea of numerous techs maybe named "broken seals" which gives advantages each time too the followers of the Dark One maybe enabling to build an armageddon style wonder too achieve a Wonder Victory with the final seal broken if there is no Rand too defend against.

tombeef said:
I think unique characters should be made representing the main characters, and these could be added to a future Wheel of Time mod. For instance:

Perrin: Strength, 10
Promotion: Scent, and obsession
Scent allows him to see where previous units have moved, obsession is a promotion that comes into place whenever you try to move Perrin. If you do, there is a 50% he will become obsessed with Faile and not do anything. He will sit and "plan" and complain about other women.

Seriously I like that last idea:lol:

This is the first version of the wonders i have made for a wheel of time scenario. Wonders included are:Tower of Ghenjei, Whitebridge, White Tower, Black Tower, The Stone of Tear, Rhuidean, Foregate (in Cairhien), The Guardian (in Far Madding), Royal Museum of Tanchico, Illuminator Chapter House (National wonder), Terhana Library (in Arad Doman), Royal Library of Cairhien, Fortress of Light, The Farm (in Ebou Dar), Choedan Kal (two giant sa'angreal, one male, one female), Trade with Shara (national), Great Square of Tammuz (in Illian, where the Hunt for the Horn is called), Shining Walls of Tar Valon, Trade with Atha'an Miere wonder (national).

Rhuidean, The Guardian, and the Choedan Kal do not do anything at the moment, so can any one suggest possibilities for them? and also say whether any of the bonuses provided by the other wonders should be changed.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Wonders_of_the_Wheel_of_Time_v.01.zip

I'm not angry with the Wheel of Time series, I have read many, many worse books, the first four were brilliant, excellent reads, and the first two are in my top 20 books ever, which is saying a lot considering I have a library of well over 300. But seriously, the last five or so have been not so good.

Still, I will be getting the next one right when it comes out.

Oh, and another idea, everytime this map is loaded, there should be a really, really long prologue that is not relevant at all to the map. This prologue could highlight characters, or plotlines, that will never again surface. Oh, and if a black tower was made, moving a troop to attack it would take 200 turns, since that troop would need to continuously plan and stall.

And can someone answer me this, how are three woman still head over heels for Rand, a character who has become as lifeless as the books themselves. Plus, now he's missing a hand. Oh well... I just hope Robert Jordan can close this all up.

Here's to a full fledged LOTR, Narnia, or His Dark Materials mod. And here's hoping book 12 is just as good as books 1-3.

sorry about two posts in a row, but I think the wonders list is dead on, excellent.

About my earlier posts, maybe characters like Rand shouldn't be put in a mod, since they get such little coverage...

Sorry to burden readers, but this excerpt is a part of a spot on revoew from Amazon:

There's still the incomprehensibly frequent (though less so) references to spanking, bottom switching, bottom pinching, and barely covered bosoms (I swear Jordan had a macro set up so he could use "with hands folded beneath her breasts" at the flick of a single key, again and again and again). Braid pulling luckily seems to have gone out of fashion. The (same) women veer maddeningly between strongly competent and simpering, whining, gossipy cliches. If we're told something once, we're told it twenty times--Perrin, for instance, really wants to rescue his wife and that's his one and only focus--"nothing else matters." "Nothing." "Nothing." No matter how many things come up. Really,"nothing else matters". Elayne's section bogs down over political gamesmanship. Minor characters are given too much time at the expense of major characters (Rand is barely present). Characters too easily walk into traps they admit could be traps. And so on. Again, all of these flaws are much less present than in recent books, so they simply mar an otherwise solid book rather than truly annoy the reader.

This guy obviously knows what he's talking about.

Like I have said though, very cool map.

Mackster said:
Rhuidean, The Guardian, and the Choedan Kal do not do anything at the moment, so can any one suggest possibilities for them? and also say whether any of the bonuses provided by the other wonders should be changed.

The Wonders are a great Job, Mackster!

Just one problem, the White Tower didn't show up in my City building screen.

What about Rhuidean generating Aiel-Troops every 5 turns or so or giving the ability to build them. About changing the Wonderstats I think this isn't that much important right now, cause balancing should be done after a playable mod is out.
With the Arts I'd like to help in every way I can though this is restricted to contributing Bmps of the proper size right now cause I still didn't figure out why my civbuttons and flags don't show up on screen. Maybe you could do me a favour and check the files related to the Andoran Civ I posted earlier on this thread and see what I missed. I'm a newbie with xml after all.

Great work on the artwork Ploeperpengel, it is one thing i cannot do (along with Python for now). I will try and put them in with the wonders, and see what else i can do.
I am trying to work out why the White tower doesn't come up in the build screen, but it shouldn't take too long to work out. There are minor changes to the map that i would like to make, such as making tear a port, and maybe playing about with the nations (i thought about making Mayene as a barbarian city so it will free up a civ slot for the seanchan, or someone else)

I can't help you with the flag problem unfortunatly, but i think it has been covered somewhere in these forums.

Ok i have fixed the problems with wonders not appearing, etc. I have assigned now required techs for each wonder, and added Ploeperpengel's artwork (thanks to Ploeperpengel).

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Wonders_of_the_Wheel_of_Time_v.02.zip

Also, i found a CIV4CivilizationInfos with which i had created civs for a WOT MOD (this was like when civ4 was first out). I am going to use this as a basis to make the civs for this MOD (unless anyone else has already done so/doing so, then notify me).

Attachments

• CIV4CivilizationInfos.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 286
Mackster said:
I am going to use this as a basis to make the civs for this MOD (unless anyone else has already done so/doing so, then notify me).

Have a look at my thread in the main creation section. In the small Mod there are a few new civc with Leaderheads, they have to be be reworked though (they're the first I made) but you can get an idea of what I tried. The Mod works for Dual maybe for you too.

Edit: Or just download this one

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/WOT-Pre-Alpha.zip

If it works for you just include the flags (replace the old one) I made and assign them to the civs this'll work then and you can easily merge it it with your Mod. I have lots of new sources for Buttons now but this may take a while cause I have to solve my problem first. It is difficult to work on graphics if they just appaer on other people's screens but not on your own...

Edit: okay was the same whiteflagproblem they had with the EEMod, solved now.

This is a mod especially made for a scenario, right? I can't imagine it would work with a random map.

So you're pre-placing the wonders?

Why not disable settlers. Nobody in the WoT books settled anywhere, they just conquer. Having a small number of cities per power, Andor being the largest with maybe 5, with most like Murandy only having one, Tear having 2, would make the game very tactical. Most of the continent as described in the books is deserted. The uninhabited areas between Cairhein and Fal Mora, for example.

The Aiel would word as a series of small cities in the Waste, maybe divided up by septs, with a large starting army, and each city having pretty limited food, and production. I mean, the Aiel ARE the army, they can't really raise more of one, except by making more Aiel.

As for religions, their aren't any real 'religions' in WoT, only allegiances, so maybe have 'religions' like Childred of the Light, and a Darkfriend allegiance that nobody can switch too, but which gives the Dark One player a heads up in that city. Perhaps the Aiel have one such 'religion', and you saw what happened when it spread to Cairhein, you got Cairhein produced Aiel unique units. How about that.

I can't really see a scenario with alot of unique units like Rand and Mat, recreating the books. Too confused. You'd never really do what the books did.

But you could simulate the world itself, and play a fun WoT flavored Civ4 scenario.

Anyway. My two sense. I just finished the books for the first time, so they'r fresh on my mind. My 2 cents.

khanjackal said:
This is a mod especially made for a scenario, right? I can't imagine it would work with a random map.

Why not disable settlers. Nobody in the WoT books settled anywhere, they just conquer. Having a small number of cities per power, Andor being the largest with maybe 5, with most like Murandy only having one, Tear having 2, would make the game very tactical. Most of the continent as described in the books is deserted. The uninhabited areas between Cairhein and Fal Mora, for example.

The Aiel would word as a series of small cities in the Waste, maybe divided up by septs, with a large starting army, and each city having pretty limited food, and production. I mean, the Aiel ARE the army, they can't really raise more of one, except by making more Aiel.

As for religions, their aren't any real 'religions' in WoT, only allegiances, so maybe have 'religions' like Childred of the Light, and a Darkfriend allegiance that nobody can switch too, but which gives the Dark One player a heads up in that city. Perhaps the Aiel have one such 'religion', and you saw what happened when it spread to Cairhein, you got Cairhein produced Aiel unique units. How about that.

I can't really see a scenario with alot of unique units like Rand and Mat, recreating the books. Too confused. You'd never really do what the books did.

But you could simulate the world itself, and play a fun WoT flavored Civ4 scenario.

Anyway. My two sense. I just finished the books for the first time, so they'r fresh on my mind. My 2 cents.

Much reason in this! But I think some UUs would give it something. It should notable be fantasy. Wether or not there's a Rand.

khanjackal said:

I figured we could put settlers further up on the tech tree to limit early expansion (seeing as there are pre-placed cities etc). The civilisations are nearly done now (just a few annoying problems to sort out) so i'll be able to post them soon, and then it is on to units!(more specifically unique units)

Well, obviously you want UUs for the various cultures. Aiel spear carriers, Defenders of the Stone, Borderlanders, Seanchan Deathguards, and honestly, you could have various powers create wilders, but only the White Tower can create Aes Sedai, and the Black Tower Ashaman. Maybe do one of those "random promotions" to simulate the random powers. Some Aes Sedai come right out of the gate good in fire and water, some in spirit and air.

But having a Perrin Unit, a Rand unit, who would control them? What if they die? What if the AI uses them poorly. Who knows.

Settlers as a late game makes sense. The Shaido certainly made use of one, in book ten. For at least a few turns, before they got ganked.

khanjackal said:
Well, obviously you want UUs for the various cultures. Aiel spear carriers, Defenders of the Stone, Borderlanders, Seanchan Deathguards, and honestly, you could have various powers create wilders, but only the White Tower can create Aes Sedai, and the Black Tower Ashaman. Maybe do one of those "random promotions" to simulate the random powers. Some Aes Sedai come right out of the gate good in fire and water, some in spirit and air.

But having a Perrin Unit, a Rand unit, who would control them? What if they die? What if the AI uses them poorly. Who knows.

Settlers as a late game makes sense. The Shaido certainly made use of one, in book ten. For at least a few turns, before they got ganked.

Maybe it makes sense to put up rand & co as allied civs to unite Randland under the dragons banner with Leader representing units like in civ3, if they die you loose. But I'm thinking about a pre Rand scenario as well.

Here are the civilizations i have made:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Civilizations_of_the_Wheel_of_Time_v.01.zip

The civilizations in this are (with leaders in brackets):

Aiel (Rand Al'thor :Aggressive, Spiritual)
Altara (Tylin :philosophical, Industrious)
Amadicia (Pedron Niall :Aggressive, Spiritual)
Andor (Morgase :Financial, Organised)
Arad Doman (Alsalam :Expansive, Philosophical)
Arafel (Paitar Nachiman:Industrious, Organised)
Cairhien (Galldrian :Expansive, Creative)
Far Madding (Aleis Barsalla :Financial, Creative)
Ghealdan (Alliandre :Organised, Creative)
Illian (Mattin Stepaneos :Aggressive, Financial)
Kandor (Ethenielle :Organised, Philosophical)
Mayene (Berelain :Financial, Philosophical)
Murandy (Roedran :expansive, industrious)
Saldaea (Tenobia :Aggressive, Industrious)
Seanchan (Radhanan :Aggressive, Expansive)
Shadowspawn (Moridin :Aggressive, Industrious)
Shienar(Easar Togita: Aggressive, Organised)
Tarabon (Andric :Expansive, Creative)
Tar Valon (Amyrlin Seat :Spiritual, Creative)
Tear (Darlin Sisnera :Expansive, Financial)

Some art still needs to be added, but a lot has been done thanks to Ploeperpengel's buttons. One problem is making larger pictures for leaderheads, as much of the art i have is in small button form, and i can't make this bigger without ruining the picture, can anyone help?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for changes to leaders, etc just say.
Each nation does not have a WOT unique unit yet, instead they all use the Navy Seal. These unique units will hopefully be added soon.

would it make since to change the traits charecterisitcs and/or make new ones? While Rand is the Dragon Reborn, I don't read him as being particularly Spiritual. This would also allow you a little more flexibility, since there are a lot of aggressive leaders.

Also, Rand is a hard leader to place. He didn't exactly unite the Aiel behind him by any means. And as of late, he's been spending a lot of time with Ashaman and Aes Sedai. Then again, who else do you make him leader of?

Also Mat aggressive? Mat hated nobles and such, and I think is one of the last people you will find being the aggressor in terms of starting a war. While he has been the aggressor in battles, it is usually because the war comes to him.

I hope my opinions are ok, I havn't read the books in a while.

the traits are mainly temporary, as i put them in at the last minute. I've used spiritual to represent following the light, darkone, etc. What new traits/changes to traits charcteristics could there be?

i also like the idea of religon based units. That way aes sedai could only be limited to civs that follow aes sedai, and civs that follow the Dark one could build units like trollocs

Top Bottom