RaNDom-0?

Hmm, I think I'll let you take it. Sounds like there's a good chance you'll get at it a bit earlier than I would and I have a few things on my plate for this evening. And hopefully M.D. can pick it up after you.

For some reason, I couldn't access CFC last night. :( I'd made the amateur mistake of posting "got it" when really it should've been "saw it", because I hadn't downloaded it. Consequently, I didn't have the save!

Anyway, I've got it now, but again, someone else should play if they want, because I'll be another 10 hrs or so.

Take it away; I didn't have time last night, and I probably won't today until the evening.

I played 22 in the end, as a GS was born... I had built a temple in Heliopolis just in th hope we'd nab a GP for a shrine, but it didn't happen. It's still an option, I suppose, build a tao missionary in Chaos, build another temple in Helio and run 2 priests, along with the Moai GPp, we could get one. We sure could use the cash.

Cash... ahh...cash. I did some trading in between some slow teching, to get calendar, currency, construction, priesthood, and monarchy, and self researched CoL, archery (to free up axes) and part of CS.
Spoiler :

We can now tech at 50-60% neutrally. :) So perhaps with bureau coming up, the GS should build an academy in the capital? Dunno.

Anyway, the set was fairly quiet in terms of unit activity, I noticed we were dropping in relative power, and so built a few units, a settler is done and ... well we should decide where to put him (and another is being built). We made a mistake letting Cathy get that oasis area, so should make an effort to expand south and secure some land.

Cathy was being demanding, and because we are weak, and she is scary, I gave in to gifting her corn, and then iron. I've already cancelled the corn (or in fact renegotiated for silver), but cancel the iron asap! It least it forces peace. We do have a fair bit of :) now, so maybe a trade or 2 could be redone fgor gold instead. Oh yeah, and we're confucian now as well. I guess I missed the iron s/s, and the archery trade was denied. For some reason BUG was playing up and I couldn't trade properly... and also the autolog still isn't working, so I uninstalled it.
Spoiler :

So, it's continue to CS, revolt to bureau (also CS or OR??), settle a couple of cities, perhaps nab those barb cities in the south as well, and beef up our defence, as Cathy is liable to stab us at some stage, I feel. Steer clear of trading with Lincoln, but everyone else is Confu. After this expansion stage, we might think about killing off Linc or Cathy, but that's a bit away yet... perhaps rifling?

Attachments

• RaNDom-0 AD-0430.CivBeyondSwordSave
    212.5 KB · Views: 98
From the report, sounds good. Glad to hear that we're not woefully short on cash. Well, relatively speaking. It's shame to see that even with what I presume is good Diplo, Cathy is still being a meany. We'll have to be careful, yes.

I'll try to peek at the save tomorrow. Mighty Dwaarf would be up next if I recall.

Let's keep this rollin'! :D

Alrighty, since I haven't heard from Mighty, I think I'll be taking this later today.

Sorry for a triple post I just want to make sure the thread notes an update. I am too wiped to concentrate on the game and we should probably actually have a team talk about where to drop our settler. I peeked at the save and saw that we really are getting camped by Cathy so going south is the only option. There's a few possible spots, but nothing spectacular.

We can try to settle and nab some or all of those resources, but beyond that, there are precious few resources to make the rest of that land workable. There seem to be enough grasslands to cottage some, but I don't know if that will offset the cost of settling. So, yeah, thinkin' caps on here.

My internet connection is in a state that will not allow me to patch to .19 within a realistic timeframe. I hope to join in on Random-1 instead.

Well, sorry to hear that. Hopefully there will be another game, but it looks like this one has bled out. *still waiting to hear from any of the other players* Hope you can get the patch soon, so you can rejoin the land of SGs!

Ok gonna try to answer the call here.

I would aim our settler to the ice tile 4E of the barbarian city of Angle.
It would make a good production city.

It grabs marble, ivory, and the sugar hill.
There are 3 hills to the south and 3 grassland tiles that can be irrigated farms thanks to the lake.

Then as a production city we can crank out the axemen necessary to take Angle.
We can use the riverside tiles to make this a cottage city for our economy!

Yep, that's not a bad spot. One thing to remember is that we have another settler a few turns behind, so it might be worth thinking about 2 cities to fit in with Angle. The southern barb one we could raze for cash if we have troops left over. I suppose I was originally thinking in the blue circle and stealing the fish temporarily for quick growth, and the other city over toward the wheat/wine/sugar, perhaps 1N of the lake, although it's not ideal.

We have CoL now, so courts will mitigate the extra costs, but keep some scientists at work to keep the :science: coming in the meantime.

Just here to say that I'm on auto-skip until I can get my computer operating again, which will hopefully be sometime. At all. Preferably in the near future. (I am borrowing a comp at the moment.)

Soooo . . . someone can take it. I'm really not sure who's up now, what with all the skipping and the drops. I think that M.D. would have been up, but he just hasn't responded to this thread.

Although I think Whosits computer problems have been solved I will play a set tomorrow to keep things moving.

I will mostly be prepping the south for colonizing and barb removal.

Heh heh, I guess I'll let you take this one since I'm due in two other places. I guess I ended up letting this one slide past my radar since it had been low activity for a little while. But my computer is working fine again, so I'll do the next set, at least.

Trying to revive this one.

I tour through the cities and make minor tweaks.

We never really discussed what to do with the Great Sci.
He bulbs Compass which is no good for us on this map.
So I send him to Randomania to make an academy.

Our settler is moving towards the ice tile to make a city.
Thinking of a good name...

(1) 445 AD

Academy is built shaving four turns off of CS.

(2) 460 AD

Camelot is founded.
Although some scoff and say "It's only a model."

(3) 475 AD

Pretty boring.

(4) 490 AD

A settler is finished up but nowhere to really put him.

(5) 505 AD

Sorry just not feeling very reative this morning.

(6) 520 AD

Lincoln begs for Code of Laws...I deny the request.

Pericles has founded a city to the NE of Camelot.

(7) 535 AD

Lincoln is in buildup mode...be on the lookout.

(8) 550 AD

I am sending all available axemen down to Camelot to aid in the taking of Angle.

(9) 565 AD

The Parthenon has been built in a land far away.

(10) 580 AD

Ho hum.

(11) 595 AD

Axemen closing in on their target of Angle.
I will do it right this time!

(12) 610 AD

Sury in buildup mode now too.
Lets home him and Lincoln fight!

Only two archers in Angle...good sign.
I recognize the one with the CG promo.

(13) 625 AD

4 axes outside of Angle...two more on the way.

(14) 640 AD

2 turns til Civil Service...

(15) 655 AD

Well, in an odd, but exciting turn of events Angle decides to have one of its garrison step away from the city.

This move leaves it defended by a single archer.

I send in the Nameless Wonder who slays the CG archer!

Angle...errr...New Caprica is now ours!

(16) 670 AD

Civil Service arrives and I revolt to HR and Bureau.

In between turns I revert back to my usual self.

The archer on the hill kills Grizzly Adams with 1.5% odds.
Just plain ridiculous!

I finish him off with anger in my heart!

I will play out the two turns of anarchy then hand it off.

(17) 685 AD

Sury asks us to declare on Lincoln with him.
I tell him he is on his own.

(18) 700 AD

So anarchy is over.

Poly is the tech in the queue but I imagine that we want to shoot for Lib so I pick Paper instead.

Sorry for the lack of pics but I just feel blech today.
But I wanted to play the set to keep this game moving.

Attachments

• RaNDom-0 AD-0700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    232.7 KB · Views: 44
I finish him off with anger in my heart!

Don't give in to anger; that leads to the Dark Side! :nono:

:lol: But each set, there always seems to be an example of the least likely combat outcomes, usually not in our favor.

Hmm, if there's a New Caprica, what happened to the old one? Do we need to worry about sentient, rebellious "robots?"

Well, thanks for keeping things moving. Going for Liberalism seems like a reasonable idea. After I take care of my set in SAM-03, I'll look at the save so I can try and size things up better. Still, it sounds like you've completed several of our objectives, so things can't be going that badly.

I was mostly upset with losing Grizzly Adams because he was likely to be our Medic as he had Woody II.

Although we do have Kenishi and Rather Dashing that would work for that purpose.

We should have no worries in New Caprica until Robotics...then the city will likely revolt. :lol:

Frankly, I think we have enough cities.
I think we should focus on improving tiles and growing the cities that we do have.

Haven't forgotten this. I'll see if I'm up for a set after I'm done with my first full day of school/work. Considering I started this crazy SG, you'd think it would be closer to the front burner.

Edit: Nope, not tonight. Probably won't have time to get to this until Wednesday morning, hopefully.

OK, only have a little time to play. Probably won't get pictures in, but I'll see what I can do.

Turn 220, 700 AD

Paper in 10. Probably just play 'till Paper. Will check out our cities. OK, everything seems to be working OK. It looks like we've expanded about as far as there is room to.

Gonna make a couple of trades. We can trade away Civil Service for Metal Casting from Augustus and Feudalism from Sury. I could pick up Polytheism in the mix, but my lessons in tech trading say that it's not worth the risk of people deciding that we are "too advanced."

Perhaps I can manage a Machinery trade next turn?

-End Turn-

Turn 221, 715 AD

What to do with the Settler? I'll sit on him for a bit, but might just settle a filler later.

-End Turn-

Turn 222, 730 AD

Argh, forgot about the 1-turn delay on tech trades for OUR end. Traded Code of Laws to Cathy. Will try for a Civil Service to Machinery trade next turn.

-End Turn-

Turn 223, 745 AD

Cathy won't do a straight trade, so I throw in Aesthetics, because I think all those Wonders have been built (double checks). OK, so the Shwedagon Paya is still available, but we don't have gold, so we won't get it, anyway.

We can now build macemen and crossbowmen and other such lovely things.

-End Turn-

Turn 226, 790 AD

The AP has been built by Augustus, and I vote for him.

Most of our core is adequately improved.

-End Turn-

Turn 227, 805 AD

Pericles, however, is the clear favorite and wins.

-End Turn-

Turn 228, 820 AD

Been a pretty "blah" set so far, though I am working quickly. Heliohille completes our first maceman, and I throw a Mint into the mix. We'll reap a small financial boost from the building, in addition to normal forge traits.

-End Turn-

Turn 229, 825 AD

Mmmm...toast completes a maceman and I put in a Lighthouse so that it can later work the coastal tiles available to it and eek out a little more commerce.

-End Turn-

Turn 230, 850 AD

We get a pretty nice event, the missionary event. I'm not sure which choice to choose at first, but since we can convert up to 4 of our own cities for free, and the paying options target the Mongols (already Confucian) doesn't seem like it's necessary to pay anything.

All of our cities, including the new ones down south, share the state religion now. Ragnar lands the Shwedagon Paya, hopefully he won't take Free Religion because we've just hit Friendly with him.

Paper is done, slot in Education as the next step in our race to Liberalism. That's pretty much all. Cities are still working on Markets, which we desperately need, but they cities we need them in . . . Oh, doy. The whip! I go on a last-minute whipping spree.

Dunno what's been wrong with me as I've been forgetting the whip in all the sets I've been playing lately. Anyway, two Markets will be done next turn, so we should see a decent income boost.

I also apologize that I wasn't in the proper spirit. I blame being in a rush! Well, my gameplay was random enough.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• RaNDom-0 AD-0850.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244 KB · Views: 83
OK, some action!!

I haven't checked the save yet, but I suggest the settler goes on that isthmus bit to the south... just because it will be super inconvenient if an AI plonks one there. Otherwise there is a barb city across the lake.. might be a bit isolated to keep, not sure, but it's worth a bit of cash to kill.

Sooo, we're last in score, don't have much land, running at 50%, GS in 125!! turns... this one feels like it's slipping away.Let's keep on the economic drive, but hire lots of scientists so we have a shot at lib. Then, hopefully we can take a chunk out of a weak neighbor - Sury, Cathy, or Peri. (I really should look at the save before strategising :))

Top Bottom