Random-01: The Wheels Come Off

I'll put a 'probable' got it - I have to buy a new dvd writer on monday, so hopefully I'll be able to play soon :)

Looking no good...
Please skip me for this turnset, I think the problem might be with the IDE controller. I'll have to buy a SATA player tomorrow or on wednesday and retry.

Regarding the warring, we could do a hit&peace war with Louis, still this way we will never catch up the Wang. Btw, can we win by domination ? If so, we can take Louis and Pacal - this could take us close to the dom limit.
I'd vote full military and DoW the frog-eater in 10.
Is his army full rifle/cav now, or does he have to upgrade ?

Finally having my dvd working again, I can play later today (in 10-12 hours).

If no one disagrees, I'll go on full army build-up and group in Persia, while trying to get the Frenchie in war with someone else to distract him. This time our troops will go directly for the French core, instead of losing time on the outskirts. It's going to be a hard one - I'm not sure being able to declare before the end of the turnset.

Nothing really breathe-taking to report.

I have focused on military, building cavs where possible. Here is the army status by the end of the turn :

Many cities are still building forces.
Main stacks are - NE to Magyar, NE to Ergili, S to Ergili.
I have redistributed EP by the end of the turnset, seeing Louis cities vanish in the cloud...

Research wise, we have Steam Power. I have gone for the Constitution, 1st step on the beutiful Assembly Line track. It's due in 1.

Louis stopped getting powerful, and I think we can manage it with a nice push sometime soon. I tried to manage a side war - nothing to do.

Korea, well it's Korea. Far before us in tech, still less powerful than the others. Maya is far behind and Augustus seem backwards too.
I'd advise to smash Louis, hoping he will kill his Ergili stack on our forces. Or plan some ambush of a sort ;)

Sorry for the short report, it has been a pretty uneventful turnset.
Almost forgot, I voted Wang for AP making our modifier nicer. Wasn't enough to DoW Louis though.

Stuge has played just before me, so you're up azaris!

Regarding the war, I think we can steam roll the Frenchie with an uber-army. We have an incredible capacity to sustain a large war effort. With US we could even speed this up a little.
Froggie has no more money, and he is upgrading somehow slowly, though it won't last methinks.

This turnset was all about cavalry. Persepolis was made into a drafting city with two military instructors we got.

I decided to declare on Louis since his stack is still in Ergili and ripe for picking. I used the workers to build a fort on the hill as a base of attack. Then the cavalry stack was gathered there and on turn 2 we declared war.

We got a GM. I saved him for Sid's Sushi. Should help our tech rate a bit.

The attack on Ergili was bloody but Louis' stack is gone.

Pacal, Wang, and Augustus are all preparing to DoW.

Magyar was taken relatively easily on turn 7 and the Persians are history. They got a GG with their last unit before the city perished.

I managed to not vote for Wang for religious victory. He's pretty close, too.

Democracy was discovered on turn 10 and we went with Emancipation. Unhappiness is now manageable.

Toulouse was razed on turn 10.

Poitiers was taken on turn 11.

Grenoble was taken on turn 14.

France is really hurting now and more so if the other civs get in on it. What is our stance on vassals?

Great turns azaris! I knew you were the man to smash and roll through the frogland :king: ;)

Regarding vassals, isn't it quite opposite to the Conquest win required ? :) We may extend to domination though, this game is pretty long already :lol:

Regarding vassals, isn't it quite opposite to the Conquest win required ? :) We may extend to domination though, this game is pretty long already :lol:

Au contraire, mon ami, vassals count towards conquest. More so than towards domination which we want to avoid if we follow the variant rules.

Airships are a great option.

What's our position on the next target ? Should we continue rolling counter-clockwise on the Wang, hoping to get there before he gets some real modern defense, or go for the weakest Pacal ? I would continue on the Wang, though I'm not aware if he already has Infantry/Artillery on hand.

I played 7 turns and we need to decide whether to take the war further

Wang Kon joined in on the war, and took 2 cities

I made a trade for Biology after we got it

Amiens fell

Rheims fell, it also has Shwedagon

I have forces outside Chartres but here's what Loius will give for capitulation

Should we take capitulation? Maybe he'll cough up Corporation, we could found Sid's but we'd have to lose State Property.

Sorry for the day delay but I'm busy at holiday time.

Attachments

• Random-01 AD-1826.CivBeyondSwordSave
    431.5 KB · Views: 79
I agree with vassalising France. Let's see if Louis will cough up corporation and press on to Korea ASAP.

5 turns to Physics/Airships I think.

We also need Medicine for Sid's, we'll have to make a choice between that and State Property.

Wang has his stack on the other side of France, if we vassalise and then declare Loius will most likeley take the brunt of the attack. I'll see what Wang's stack looks like tonight.

As for me, vassalizing Louis is a good way to go, especially given the fact that he will be the main korean SoD killer, once we declare on Wang. I'd rather wait for Airships before declaring.

Top Bottom