Random settings oddities

billybgame

King
Unsure if this is a tech issue, but seems kind of the right spot.

I have always liked to play random settings...going back to earlier versions of Civ.

When I do random in Civ 5, I am constantly getting the same AI civs. I went to do a custom game for HoF game and saw those same civs pre-set to be chosen, until I "de-selected them". What the hell? I am SOOOOOOO tired of having Venice in my games. I can never win a Diplo game.

Also, and I've seen this numerous times, and had VVV games denied for this: When I choose random maps and game size, the city states don't come out right. Sometimes too few, sometimes too many. Just came out of a tiny map game(4 civs) so should have 8 city states....already found 9 and don't even have whole map uncovered.

Are these known issues with this older game? I naturally Googled this before posting here but got pretty much zippo. I REALLY doubt I'm the only one who plays random settings, so just seems very surprising to not find results for others with these issues.

Don't get much help around here these days do you? Seems ridiculous to have these sorts of issues with random settings in this game. All I want now is to be guaranteed the proper # of city states in all my random world size games.

How can you tell how many city states you have, once the game has begun? I thought the game would automatically give it double the AI, but obviously not.

Had this happen again, so here I am posting again....tried a huge map world(Highlands).......don't have all the map unearthed. but maybe 75%, and only 11 city states. No way in hell would there be 17 more city states in that area uncovered. So difficult to move around easily in a Highlands map, think I'm giving up. Like 1700 AD and haven't found last civ and 17 city states.

Why am I getting no answers here. It's obvious there are issues with proper # of city states at times. I want to know how to avoid this, as I've wasted way too many hours already. Even submitted HoF games that didn't have the right # of CS.

Sure wish the game would tell you the total # of CS, after it starts. Thinking that's a major flaw in this game, given this issue.

Once again, just put in a crapton of hours in a Huge game, Highlands map. So 12 civs, and got nowhere near 24 city states. I am going to have to quit playing until this is figured out.:( I emailed the HoF staff here, so maybe they can shed some light as I haven't gotten much help here.

The only random setting I had was which AI opponents, which is not uncommon play style at all, I would imagine.

The crux of the problem for me is why can you not see "in game" after the game starts, how many city states there are. Seems awfully important, given I've seen this incorrect ratio countless times since I started playing Civ 5, resulting in many quit games and denied HoF submissions.

Game breaking for me. Going to have to set it aside until can figure this out more. Quite unfortunate.

The last turn I played save is below. Was nearing a dominating Science win. I am pretty certain there are less than 20 city states....Russia just took one....then I uncovered the map via tech.....takes forever to unveil a huge/Highlands map by land! So, still had hope, until the tech unveiling.

Attachments

• Harald Bluetooth_0343 AD-1923.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 250
Top Bottom