1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Wildfires!

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Cor'e =), Aug 12, 2017.

1. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

I was playing this other mod (ffh2 wildmana extended) and they have this cool fire effect where tiles can have wildfire & smoke, kinda just like we have random storms & effects on sea/ocean tiles, would this be a cool addition to this mod? It could happen more often in Summer for example on prairie or forest tiles, I think that would be a cool addition, but what do i know, just saying. =)

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

If you want that, just check the option in Bug, "Battlefield effects" and you'll get smoke from tiles where a battle has been fought.

Be warned though, they tend to last a number of turns, and fighting big wars, can result in multiple smoke stacks from battlefields.

3. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

Thanks for the tip, they have that too iirc, however that battle field effect is precipitated for a completely different reason and may not(?) do burn damages to tile or units on tile, whereas i'm suggesting adding wildfires, something akin to the random storms or volcanoes we already have in AND2...

4. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

I thinks its nice idea, but only in forest tiles and really rare event. Maybe some limitation farest north and south?

5. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

Wildfires can follow storms (lightning strikes) and happen in dry hot times (Summer) and burn for awhile especially uninhabited tiles, maybe some ppls here have played the extended mod and know how this works, do modders share their code between mods or is that a no-no unasked?