Ranged Attack Penalty

ASCII Guy

Chieftain
There has been a change in the way ranged attacks affect units since the September 15th beta.
Code:
Experimental: Units no longer suffer additional damage from ranged attacks based on missing health
           i.e. a unit with 25 HP or 100HP will have the same effective CS against ranged attacks
            Rationale: damaged units are more spread out, thus they are not easier for ranged units to kill - does not affect other promotion elements, just missing health bonus for ranged attacks.
           Can be disabled - set BALANCE_CORE_RANGED_ATTACK_PENALTY to 0 in  CBO
Now that the change has been in the mod for many months, I wanted to know people's opinion on it. Especially with the recent buffs to land melee, nerfs to non-mounted/non-siege ranged, and drastic changes to mounted range.

I'm generally in favor of anything that makes melee stronger against ranged, so I'm a fan of letting it stay. It also makes the barrage promotion for ranged more useful

Honestly, I hadn't noticed, but it explains the resilience of some of my units in my past few games. I'll take it.

Top Bottom