Rant

terveurn

Warlord
Wanted to try building tal instead of wide - so I had two cities that were growing nice.

Now my neighbor Monty decideds on a DOW - no problem, it was turn 25 and I figured neither on of us should have much of an army --- hah

Monty shows up with at least 20 units (warriors, archers, cartapults and jaguar)

Now wait a minute - turn 25 and he has all this crap... since I had the ingame editor installed, I figured if Monty can cheat, so could I (was trying hard not to use the editor - but this was too much).

Created a Superman (marine with 20 levels of inhancements - heal every turn, double strike, etc...) and beat the living crap out of Monty.

Now here is what gets me PO'd - I found out Monty had two cities - one just born (brand new city) and his capital:

Just how the heck did Monty come-up with 20 units, by turn 25 with only one city !!!!

:badcomp::deadhorse:

Wanted to try building tal instead of wide - so I had two cities that were growing nice.

Now my neighbor Monty decideds on a DOW - no problem, it was turn 25 and I figured neither on of us should have much of an army --- hah

Monty shows up with at least 20 units (warriors, archers, cartapults and jaguar)

Now wait a minute - turn 25 and he has all this crap... since I had the ingame editor installed, I figured if Monty can cheat, so could I (was trying hard not to use the editor - but this was too much).

Created a Superman (marine with 20 levels of inhancements - heal every turn, double strike, etc...) and beat the living crap out of Monty.

Now here is what gets me PO'd - I found out Monty had two cities - one just born (brand new city) and his capital:

Just how the heck did Monty come-up with 20 units, by turn 25 with only one city !!!!

Lower the difficulty.

Depending on the level of difficulty you're playing on the AI can get some massive advantages including starting off with certain tech and so many units. sounds like you're playing on Immortal or Diety. Monty is known for amassing huge early armies at the expense of building. If you can hold the line and break his army he'll be ruined for the rest of the game. Early game rushes are a huge gamble and set you back in terms of tech and infrastructure.

Thanks gunslinger.... did not know that the AI got a massive army on start -

Does anyone know exactly the build status on each of the civs - would be interesting (and informative) to know exactly what your neighbors are starting with.

:sniper:

Thanks gunslinger.... did not know that the AI got a massive army on start -

Does anyone know exactly the build status on each of the civs - would be interesting (and informative) to know exactly what your neighbors are starting with.

:sniper:

On Deity, the AI should start with two settlers, two or three warriors, a scout, and one or two workers. Someone else can check the actual numbers to clarify :)

Just so you know on Deity (at least) the AI starts with two settlers as well.

I'm playing immortal now this is the first time in my life span for 20 year playing civilization I ever able to play immortal level even in leading position (playing huge map, 22 civ, continent), it was pretty fun though because since the expansion I can easily get an income like 500 gpt, build road and infrastructure without worrying it will turn down my economy, quite balance even sometime annoying traffic happen when friendly unit blocking the area, it just so stupid .

I think I want to jump to deity. But if this difficulty level can spawn 20 unit in 25 turn, I don't have any idea how to win this level. Though in immortal, the Maya attack me with 15 unit and I able to defend my city only with 4 archer, just focusing on attacking the mele while ignoring the range unit (so they can't capture the city) but 20 unit? bah!

I'm sure Monty is thinking "just how the heck did they get a level 20 marine by turn 25?" Same reason: neither of you are playing fairly :goodjob:

on diety the computer not only gets a really unfair advantage in terms of settlers(2), units(2 warriors 2 archers a scout and 2 workers afair) and techs(4: pootery the wheel mining and another one i do not remember look it up in the ciV-guide on mainpage), but it also cheats really a lot in terms of units and improvements(having at times some 10 improvements after about 30 to 40 turns and some 20+ units as described above). It also likes to cheat with promotion, beeing able to promotionheal it self 3 times in a row(and yes that means turn after turn after turn). I do not really mind the extra units at start, as well as the boni to production ect., and in a degree the extra techs, but the cheating the Ai does on diety is really far too much

On Deity each AI starts with 2 settlers, 2 workers, 3 warriors (jaguars) and one scout.

They will get a 66% cost for each unit because they play on cheftain, and 50% cut from AI bonus of YOU playing on deity, plus a 5% discount with each era. The AI will span jaguars and archers for 13,2 just from the start, and 12,6 when they hit classica era (usually pretty fast since all tier 1 tech is already researched and they tend to beeline). The cost to fill the food bucket is also lowered to 60% and the worker rate is doubled, 0 happiness problems and half maintenance costs, so take your own conclusions.

On Deity, the AI should start with two settlers, two or three warriors, a scout, and one or two workers. Someone else can check the actual numbers to clarify :)

Generally, the AI is also awarded a free copy or two of their unique unit when they hit the tech that unlocks it. (You'll often see Roman Legions, for instance, even if Rome has no Iron).

Monty may start the game with more than the usual amount of warriors.

I'm not going to say that T20 DOW is easy to deal with, but it's easier to deal with than the T35 DOW for sure.

You might have to go Construction before philo when you see a Civ with a Warrior UU expanding into your face. If you're opening Tradition, consider getting Oligarchy early. It sucks, but it's winnable.

AI does get massive cheat, but it gets both better and worse as the game goes on. Better in that the massive advantage from starting units gets slimmmer, worse in that the tech and production bonuses get greater.

If you do get beat, I'd recommend against reloading. It's not worth the psychological slap in the face. Just start a new game. Not every game on Diety is going to be a victory, even for the best Civ players.

I am pretty sure as most of you that it was A deity game.

Now then I was able to get three cities on king by turn 30. It can be done with luck if you are Spain and get Eldorado first :D

Top Bottom