Rate the victories

Rhye

's and Fall creator
I would like to keep track, civ by civ, of Role Play Victories, and tune their parameters.
I write here the major civs roster, where I'd like to hear from you:
- Have you ever won? If yes, was it too easy?
- Have you ever seen the AI win or get close?
Also adding the version of the mod, for reference.

Legenda:
X not implemented
V won
E won too easily
N never won
F impossible/flawed

For example:
civ name - human - AI - version
Spain V V (v85)
Phoenicia E N (v84)
Babylonia X X (v88)

My purpose is also to aid the AIs to reach the goals, in order to increase the pressure on the human player to hurry.

Sounds good. I don’t remember the versions since it was nearly half a year since I’ve won.
Phoenicia E N - if you use your unique unit you can kill Greece and Rome and then Persia is your only threat. Then you just have to expand and win before east Rome, Huns and Arabia spawn.

Huns EV luck dependent for the ai and rarer in recent versions.

Mongols V X I won as mongols despite never winning. Just conquer cities. Your starting units could conquer the world.

Spain N N never got that far into the game to win as my computer isn’t great. Should be able to win easily.

England X X played many times, European players are easy to colonise to early as the ai.

India, N N mind numbingly boring, fight barbarians, don’t go to war oh and you have no production.

France, X X I wish they got more production, a military might in history, in the game you lack production to fight even wars, rushing Spain in the medieval is the only way to do well. Ai is often dead unless they get friends.

Overall great job with role play victory, I just wish my computer was good enough to make it to 2000 to see how the game goes

Spain E N (v86)
China X X (v86) - Still won a RPV by Points.
Egypt X X (v86) - I'd like to mention that a (religious) Cultural Victory is very easy with Egypt.
Germany X X (v86) - Still won a RPV by Points.

All in v86:

Spain: E N (around 1750)
Portugal: V N - If Spain is your friend/ally I would go so far to say E.
Arabia: V N
Phoenicia: V N - around 1100 - unique unit is very helpful against barbarians but as there mainly camelarchers they are barely a thread but still annoying anyway while plundering as they are moving quickly. So preferred "battlegroups" consisting of chariotarchers, spearmen and elephants. Arabia with its mixture of swordsmen and camelarchers become dangerous!
India: V N It is even possible fighting some little wars to protect your allied city-state (middle-asian cities, Vietnam) and keep them as a buffer.
Japan: F N Gaining points for keeping other civs away is nearly impossible as, if you don´t make open borders they other civs just wait at your border aind if you do they run around through your country. I quit by 1921 having conquered Corea and China (keep approx. 3 cities of the latter to get the ressources you need). I had around 900 points (around 60 of the unique RPV) so victory would have been achievable but the game was no fun anymore

Only one time I whitnessed a victory of the AI: I played as Spain in one of my very first games (v83 was my first version) and quite early in the game I had the pop-up that someone else has won the game. Unfortunatly I can´t remember which civ it was. Probably the Huns.

Is there already any list of the civ´s unique RPVs?

Last edited:
Is there already any list of the civ´s unique RPVs?

You can see it in RPVictory/VictoryText.xml, which in v88 says:

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_INDIA">
<Text>- Gain points every turn by staying in peace with all civs.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE">
<Text>- Set the new capital in the location of Carthage (200 points). [NEWLINE]- Gain points every turn by controlling sea plots</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_JAPAN">
<Text>- Gain points every turn by keeping foreigners out of Japan and 2 plots away from the borders.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM">
<Text>- Take the city of Rome if it falls in the hands of a foreign major civ (300 points). [NEWLINE]- (not implemented)</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_HUNS">
<Text>- Destroy as many cities as possible. Gain additional points by killing units.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_ARABIA">
<Text>- Focus on spreading your religion (x3 points).</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_SPAIN">
<Text>- Find El Dorado by 1650 AD (200 points). [NEWLINE]- Gain points every turn by controlling more cities in the Americas than England, France and the Netherlands.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY">
<Text>- Gain 50 points for every captured city in Europe. Lose 50 points by losing control.</Text>
</Row>

<!-- <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"> <Text>- Gain points by enemy unit killed inside the Motherland. [NEWLINE]- Space victory (not implemented)</Text> </Row> -->

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL">
<Text>- Gain points every turn by exploring coastal lands. [NEWLINE]- Gain additional points by establishing extra-European trade routes</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC">
<Text>Gain points by killing as many units as possible.</Text>
</Row>

<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RPV_CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS">
<Text>Gain points every turn in proportion of free North American territory (grassland and plains only).</Text>
</Row>

I tried playing through all the civilizations that have Role Playing Victory implemented.
I'm looking forward to points being adjusted and RPV being implemented in other civilizations!

India V N (v92) - Clear by playing nonwar while fighting the barbarians
Phoenicia V N (v92) - Clear by defeating Greece and Rome with unique units and conquering the Mediterranean
Israel X X (v92) - RPV not implemented
Greece V N (v92) - Clear by building wonders and seizing wonders from other civilizations
Rome F N (v92) - RPV Point seems to be functioning correctly, but there is a bug in acquiring settlers
Japan V N (v80) - Clear by eradicating all neighboring countries rather than playing as sakoku, eliminating all bordering nations, and acquiring wonders
The Huns V N (v92) - It seems appropriate to have units for every city I take down
Arabia N N (v92) - Gave up because I couldn't earn conversion points in the early stages. Spreading the religion also takes time
Spain V N (v92) - Cleared quite into late turns. Mexico (or the Aztecs) gained independence several times. Built wonders and earned points, but it might be good to increase points from colonies too.
Germany N N (v92) - Tried playing but was destroyed by Rome. It seems like I would lose cities to Austria even if I expanded south in the middle of the game
Portugal F N (v92) - Coastal tile exploration points not implemented
Mongolia N N (v92) - Points are added for city conquest, but not for razing. Also, no noticeable outbreaks of infectious diseases
The Aztecs N N (v92) - Haven't been able to play much, but it seems necessary to defeat a considerable amount of units
Indian American F N (v92) - Currently, there seems to be a bug regarding city possession

Top Bottom