• No

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Shall we ratify Article E of our Constitution as follows?

Article E: The Legislative Branch will be formed of two houses. The Senate will be formed of the Provincial Governors, each of whom are responsible for the care, management and use of the cities and lands of a province in addition to legislative responsibilities. The Congress will be formed of the entirety of the citizenry and is responsible for the drafting of new Laws.

Relevant discussion

DG4 Discussion - Const: Article E

Please vote Yes, No or Abstain

This poll will run for 96 hours.

I voted No, primarily because I still don't understand why the Senate should be legislative if it has no legislative responsibilties besides the ones allowed to all members of the Congress, but it does have executive responsibilities (the governing of a province is executive, not legislative).

I voted yes. As the poll shows, the Governors belong in the Legislative Branch. The Senate can be a strong counterpoint to the Council.

Originally posted by Bootstoots
I voted No, primarily because I still don't understand why the Senate should be legislative if it has no legislative responsibilties besides the ones allowed to all members of the Congress, but it does have executive responsibilities (the governing of a province is executive, not legislative).

Right or wrong, the people expressed a preference to this setup. I, and others, were unable to convince enough people that our interpretation was correct.

Accordingly, I must accept the stated will of the people and support that decision, much as I (reluctantly, very reluctantly) support certain other poll.

-- Ravensfire

Voting no. Governors belong in the executive branch since they will have no legislative duties.

I voted yes, but that is mainly because I did not want to see the dissolution of the Senate. Maybe somebody has proposed this before, but how about splitting the role of Senator and Governor with both of them being positions elected solely by the citizens of their province. The Senator would be legislative. The Governor would be executive. If no one ran for the Senate seat, the Governor would appoint one from among his/her citizens.

Top Bottom