1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ratification Poll for Constitutional Article E

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Donovan Zoi, Dec 17, 2003.

?

Shall we ratify Article E?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2003.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Abstain

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Shall we ratify Article E of our Constitution as follows?

Relevant discussion

DG4 Discussion - Const: Article E

Please vote Yes, No or Abstain

This poll will run for 96 hours.

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

I voted No, primarily because I still don't understand why the Senate should be legislative if it has no legislative responsibilties besides the ones allowed to all members of the Congress, but it does have executive responsibilities (the governing of a province is executive, not legislative).

3. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I voted yes. As the poll shows, the Governors belong in the Legislative Branch. The Senate can be a strong counterpoint to the Council.

4. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Right or wrong, the people expressed a preference to this setup. I, and others, were unable to convince enough people that our interpretation was correct.

Accordingly, I must accept the stated will of the people and support that decision, much as I (reluctantly, very reluctantly) support certain other poll.

-- Ravensfire

5. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Voting no. Governors belong in the executive branch since they will have no legislative duties.

6. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

7. Karsten Strauss

Karsten Strauss Chieftain

I voted yes, but that is mainly because I did not want to see the dissolution of the Senate. Maybe somebody has proposed this before, but how about splitting the role of Senator and Governor with both of them being positions elected solely by the citizens of their province. The Senator would be legislative. The Governor would be executive. If no one ran for the Senate seat, the Governor would appoint one from among his/her citizens.