RAZE THE CITY!!! oh on second thought...

baronck

Chieftain
Noticed this bug yesterday.

I was playing Persia and Monty decided to invade , on my counter invasion i captured a city, and i was razing it but then realized i might as well sell it to another AI since I'm rushing rifles anyway.

So when I clicked on stop razing city option in the city menu. I was not only able to gain full control of the city, but did not suffer any unhappiness from annexing the city.

This works as long as you:
1) Raze then stop razing
2) Do not reload the game. the Reload will correct this mistake and you'll be hit with a crap load of unhappinesses

Enjoy

When you 'Raze' a city you have already annexed it. So of course you didn't notice any additional :( when you stopped, you were already suffering from it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

When you 'Raze' a city you have already annexed it. So of course you didn't notice any additional :( when you stopped, you were already suffering from it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

negative,

In my happiness meter there were no negatives for annex city states with no courthouses...

i dont have screen shots because it doesnt work for some reason. but try it out.

Yeah this is true, I posted a thread about it in the bug forum yesterday. The unhappiness does get added when you reload the game though.

It's only since the patch. Previously when you would select "raze" it would annex it and raze, now it annexes it, razes, and surpresses the unhappiness. It doesn't re-add it when you stop the raze.

This should be in bug reports, it's not a strategy.

Makes sense though that you don't have to be burdened with the unhappiness if you're only intending to raze it. At least they realized that. It was terrible to have unhappiness added for ages just because you chose to raze a 10 pop city.

Actually I got this bug even when I newly conquered a city, and chose to View it. I would be able to choose what to build, the focus, everything. For all intents and purposes, it would be like my own city. I got no extra unhappiness until I reloaded.

This should be in bug reports, it's not a strategy.

Seems like a perfectly legitimate strategy to me!

"Kill them all! Raze the city!"

(in Tiny Tim accent) "Oh please, sir. Don't kill us. We're just poor folk who wish to live in peace!"

"On second thought, let them live."

"Oh, thank you, sir. We shall forever remember you as Emperor Pax the Merciful!"

Instant happiness boost ensues.

:D

Seems like a perfectly legitimate strategy to me!

"Kill them all! Raze the city!"

(in Tiny Tim accent) "Oh please, sir. Don't kill us. We're just poor folk who wish to live in peace!"

"On second thought, let them live."

"Oh, thank you, sir. We shall forever remember you as Emperor Pax the Merciful!"

Instant happiness boost ensues.

:D

LOL love it!

After patch, when I raze a city I do get extra unhappiness in place of puppeting it. Maybe it has to do with having DE or something?

When you raze a city it belongs to you. So your # of cities increase as does the population, hence more unhapiness till it's gone.

Top Bottom