Re-Making the RPG

I will say yes to it, and would like to be involved as well.

I think what happened in the DG3 RPG is that we tried to make it too complicated, so many of the managers lost interest beacause it was too much work. Did you see some of CTs great ideas? Very ambitious, but they didn't stay updated for long. ;)

To be honest, I really enjoyed the DG2 RPG. I liked all of the bells and whistles that went with it. The tournaments, the pub, Acroama Homes, the whole nine. I would like to see some of that instituted but within the confines of the tech tree, as it advances in the actual game.

So let's start tossing around some ideas. I have a few of my own and will present some of them within the next few days. As for our ruleset, I think we should try to do what is being proposed for the DemoGame 4 ruleset. Use some of the DG2 rulesets and mold them into something new and fresh here.

That's what I plan on doing... use stuff from both rulesets.

I didn't like CT's very much for the main reason that it simulated what happened in Real Life not what might happen in the Civilization 3 game. It was suppose to a simulation of living within the game, not a simulation of the real ancient age's.

Like Civ3 is... you re-create history....

I'm starting a Idea Proposal thread after this... I'll post a link to it in this thread.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Cool.....thanks, Strider. And welcome back. :)

I'm pretty much only doing this for three reasons....

1) I've been bored alot lately... and have nothing really to do
2) My brother just recently died... which makes me the last living (blood) in my family
3) My last living family member (my brothers wife) only has a few more months to live.

Guess I'm just doing this to keep me from killing myself out of grief.... haha

I didnt know you just came back to this too! Im back because i just moved and i was posting my opinion at CNN or something, and i remembered the good ole times at the demo game.

As far as ideas go, if you look at my start date, its been exactly one year since i left, so all my memories are perfectly preserved, like a mosquito in amber.

The things i liked about the RPG at the time and would like to incorporate in DMG4 are:
1) Tile ownership
2) Houses on the tiles
3) Personal businesses, but limited to the techs offered, im not sure if this was put into effect.

Im also not positive if anything like this happened, but ive always thought a balanced economy would be nice. Say we start the game with x amount of gold, and as x grows, the total amount of money allocated to the users grows, but this must be earned. Anywho, if this hasnt happend, i would like to suggest that we do so, and ill personally work out the bugs. Tell me what you think.

Top Bottom