• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Re-sized ships

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
I've been working on a special flavour version of the epic game for my own use (too many exra units to post the whole mod here). Anyway, some of the units I added needed to be slightly rezised to fit in with the other ships.

here they are in two packs, number one is two of my own units the iron frigate (now resized to better match the frigate, man-o-war and ship-of-the-line) and the pre dreadnaught battle ship, now resized to be more like an advanced ironclad.

iron frigate and dreadnaught

the second pack is aglo's heavy galleass and his corsair number three. Ive taken to using the corsair as a pirate ship (1/1/2) available with currency as an early privateer.

pirate and heavy galleass

they have all their civlopedia pictures and every thing so easy to add to your game.

here is an ingame screen shot comparing them to some other units;

hmmm.. I don't have those models any more, I may think about doing something along the same lines, but I don't have much free time ( resizing a unit is easy, but making a whole new one takes ages). :(

Smoking mirror, you've returned like a ghost from the past. :D Thanks for the resizing. I'm adding the iron frigate into my game now since I'm modding the Napoleanic conquest with lots of new goodies. I like your stuff, especially the fantastic flintlock unit.

Downloaded. Will try them out.
Thanks. :goodjob:

Originally posted by cockroach
What the hell is that between the iron clad and the regular galleon?

Ship of the line from Conquests. Can be found in Napoleonic Conquest.

Good job with the resizing SM. :) I especially like the fact that the Iron Frigate is now more in key with the other ships.

(BTW, there isn't probably any hope of that undead spider getting done? :) )

hey Smoking mirror. that image file you attached that shows the line up- i like the look of the coastal and sea waters, and especially the drop off for the coastal shelf. where'd you find those terrain images?
also, nice to see at least someone is paying attention to the proportions of these ships. how have you been resizing them and using what program?

danielscot said:
hey Smoking mirror. that image file you attached that shows the line up- i like the look of the coastal and sea waters, and especially the drop off for the coastal shelf. where'd you find those terrain images?
also, nice to see at least someone is paying attention to the proportions of these ships. how have you been resizing them and using what program?

The terrain is one of snoopy's variants, uh, I think its called the blue water terrain, not sure though.
For resizing I've been using stephs multi unit tool, which can also resize units, though it takes a little practice. ;)

Top Bottom