Real Era Tracker (UI)

Real Era Tracker (UI) 1.4.1

Infixo

Deity
Infixo submitted a new resource:

Real Era Tracker (UI) - Shows a list of historic moments not yet earned.

Shows a list of historic moments not yet earned. If you are short of few points to get the Golden Age or not fall into the Dark Age this mod will help you find the possible sources of those points.

Requires Rise & Fall or Gathering Storm.

How does it work
All possible historic moments are grouped into 3 categories:
- World - "be the first in the world",
- Civilization - do something for the first time,
- Repeatable - moments that can be triggered more than once.
The...

Read more about this resource...

This is awesome!! You took it so much further, I bow for you, Sir!!! :)
Can't wait to run it in my game. Will also run some quick games, to stress test it.

Infixo updated Real Era Tracker (UI) with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 Favored moments

Version 1.1
- Added: Moments can be set as Favored and will be always visible and listed at the top. Favored moments are remembered when the game is reloaded.
- Added: Information about turns till next era and thresholds for Dark and Golden ages.
- Added: Support for Taj Mahal. The icon will appear if it is built and era scores will be adjusted accordingly.
- Added: New filter "Show only earned".

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Infixo -- Tiny formal request please...

Could you send the new "Favored" tab after "Repeatable" to the far right.. thus, becoming the last??
Reasoning is that by default it's empty unless we've already selected something to show up there.

Just seems weird to me that we're welcomed to such a coolish device with nothing to keep an eye for. :crazyeye:

@Zyxpsilon
You can change the order of tabs by changing order of these lines.
Code:
AddTabSection( "LOC_RET_FAVORED", function() ViewMomentsPage(0); end );
AddTabSection( "LOC_RET_WORLD", function() ViewMomentsPage(1); end );
AddTabSection( "LOC_HUD_REPORTS_HEADER_CIVILIZATION", function() ViewMomentsPage(2); end );
AddTabSection( "LOC_RET_REPEATABLE", function() ViewMomentsPage(3); end );

((Above post.. did that and it worked, btw))
@Infixo

New stuff please.
Scanning through some LUA code logic and the SQL declarations.. i might have found an in--direct solution for two features i'd want to push into my CHMZ-Enhanced mod.

Simply said.. i'd need to hook custom Icons to "replace" the generic MomentSmall_Military & MomentSmall_GreatPerson unique defines with a proper set of alternate properties such as what you already created to list each "Strategy Resources" repeatables (+1 score) in strings of their own for RET exclusively.

You can check out the 7th preview Steam image (( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737288652 )) to grasp what i'd want to do.. with some help from those RET principles (ideally adaptable or adjusted to other needs like mine) or extra code logic to add within my mod. It would be much easier to just slap a requirement note for RET than to completely revise the CHMZ coding with a risk of bad conflict(s) most likely with RET, i guess.

Sooooooo -- my appeal to you is rather simple; consider the possibility of combined features.

@Infixo
In reference to our recent Steam discussion about it & upon verifying if my wished-for-pre-selected "Favored" check-marks could be possible as being persistent throughout games -- i now recall how @Zur13 somewhat managed to expose such options directly from some tricky LUA functions in his "Radial Measuring Tool" mod. (( Link=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628605090 ))
It's rather indirect code/logic but it worked fine.

Secondly.. maybe you would remember this trick too that could be exploited (i'm just guessing outloud here).
Line #872... Controls.HideNotActiveCheckbox:SetSelected( false ); ... or,
Line #878... Controls.HideNotAvailableCheckbox:SetSelected( false );
Which are controls but the "process" feels similar for listed Moment types, IMO. Even though they must be parsed via table/array systems, right?

Anyhow, if Zur13 managed to supply such "options" (via UserSettings file).. he might be able to suggest a solution for what i'd want.

Using a file to store default parameters is ofc always possible. But this is not persistance across games, because you cant move parameters from one game to another. The file is read-only.
What you can achieve is that when you start a game then moments will be marked as favored already. But users would have to change the file manually, etc.

I am not sure what „trick” you refer to later. Those lines of code are simple UI calls to check or uncheck a checkbox. If you think that they are somehow stored in the save file or anywhere, then no. All Ui elements are built on-the-fly when the game is running and a window is being opened.

Which explains the "situation", indeed!
Now onto figuring out what could actually be done to offer such an optional system to your subscribers.. please!?

The technicality involved with @Zur13 processing mostly eludes my limited coding skillset, btw. There's no obvious "ways" to apply what he does under this RET context unless someone has the full-blown interest_knock_out punch to make it happen with or without whatever necessary condition(s).
Good luck anyway -- if & when. :cross-fingers:

Just noticed a strange "flaw" with the [Owner] column in the World-Tab sheet... none of the AI/CIV names get listed anymore --- only ours. Instead their word is always "Unknown".

Is this caused by recent updates or NFP functions/components that broke your LUA methods??

PS; I still haven't found how to "save/load" & then, re-checkbox(es) my fairly short list of Favorites instances, btw. Any chances you might return to this wacky attempt for me, please?

REF; "Unknown" above

Just realized i had bothered you with this pseudo-flaw when there **IS** already a direct solution through simply editing this Database_SQL toggle (0/1) as mentioned in the WorkShop description...

-- options

INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RET_OPTION_INCLUDE_OTHERS', '1'); -- set to 1 to detect historic moments that other players earned

Sorry!

Newest Monopoly/Corporations Mode offers three distinct "First in World" type of EraMoments...
Your current LUA/Function code has (auto) detected them alright but they are listed into the Civilization tab rather than the proper World section. See HUD snapshot inserted below...

1stWorld_MonoCorp_MisPlaced1.png

PS; Would require an update eventually.. but i think that task could just wait until the last NFP pack has been released. Up to you!

Newest Monopoly/Corporations Mode offers three distinct "First in World" type of EraMoments...
Your current LUA/Function code has (auto) detected them alright but they are listed into the Civilization tab rather than the proper World section. See HUD snapshot inserted below...

View attachment 586628

PS; Would require an update eventually.. but i think that task could just wait until the last NFP pack has been released. Up to you!
Thank you for spotting and reporting this issue. I've fixed it.

Top Bottom