Realism Invictus

This is the only error i got in the mod installation

Attachments

• 20240407_084600.jpg
    20240407_084600.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 24
This is the civ4 BTS version, i downloaded It from a bot Telegram Channel (free games bot) and the mod from gamepressure, i also downloaded the 3.6 versión from moddb because the 3.6.1 was a .bin file, which i also downloaded but showed weird carpets names like $_3 and $_4, decompression with 7zip and winrar

Attachments

• 20240407_085245.jpg
    20240407_085245.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 24
Hey. Why russia's missle cruiser is more expensive while have identical stats , 395 hammers vs normal 360

And german Panther V (improved medium tank) isn't it too good for it cost. They have same cost 235 as other tank while have 10% bonus to tank more than normal and have drill 2. Is it intended too?

This is the only error i got in the mod installation
It doesn't look like your installation is finishing properly. Do you have enough drive space where you're installing? Another theory might be that the path is too long - try installing Civ 4 to someplace with a shorter path (though I feel it's most likely the first)

In my current game I captured China. Dont know whether it is nord or south. It is the one with Qin Shi as leader. In the captured cities every granary gains +1 Food.
In no captured chinese I have the state government and I didnt build that wonder with the Great scientist which give me that bonus. So where comes this +1 food from?

In my current game I captured China. Dont know whether it is nord or south. It is the one with Qin Shi as leader. In the captured cities every granary gains +1 Food.
In no captured chinese I have the state government and I didnt build that wonder with the Great scientist which give me that bonus. So where comes this +1 food from?
their courthouse

Also i changed the combat limit, once reached, the ranged attacker can keep doing damage, post combat limit , but with a 50% less damage.

The caveat is that this way you will get too powerful artillery again. The damage limit in the BTS was introduced when it turned out that otherwise the artillery "kills" all competitors. Your scheme weakens the problem, but... Let's see how the artillery actually functions and why it has not abolished the army of infantry and Co.

First, there are two main types of targets that it interacts with in different ways.
1. A distributed target, which is a large crowd of very small objects. An ideal example is a battalion of infantry stationed at a strongpoint. Aimed shooting at them is impossible or difficult and the fire is conducted "in squares".
At the same time, as you might guess, the probability of hitting someone decreases with each killed or disabled infantryman. Theoretically, the artillery will kill everyone sooner or later. Practically after reducing the density of the target, each infantryman will cost you a wagon of ammunition, which you most likely do not have. And at the same time, a huge wear of barrels and an indefinitely long period of time, which you do not have either.
There is only one way out – to deliver high-precision weapons to the target in the person of your infantryman with a machine gun. Kamikaze drones are now starting to compete with infantry. However, over the centuries of artillery development, the infantry scheme was the only possible one, hence the millions of armies.
In the game, this will look like the formula "hit probability = base accuracy multiplied by target hp". At the same time, the formula will work not only for units distributed in the trenches – it is also quite adequate in relation to a dense formation.
Spoiler :

Accordingly, the attacker in each case has a choice of how to work with the target. At the same time, if you give the "shelling" mission a cost in resources (which is the "Master of Mana") or/and money (a PAE mod), you can get an almost completely realistic model. However, this is already a theory for the distant future.

2. A "single" target, which is an object or objects of large size, at which targeted shooting is possible and which do not decrease during the shelling. In the game, the reference variant is a battleship. At the same time, the battleship a). Is mobile and maneuvers. b). Returns fire, forcing the opponent to dodge, which prevents him from aiming.
It is obvious at the same time that the capabilities of a battleship in these senses are directly proportional to its "health". In general, Vincent's formula works here, strictly the reverse of the infantry one. The accuracy increases in direct proportion to the damage to the target.
At the same time, Vincent quite correctly noted that the accuracy of shooting also depends on the "health" of the shooter. However, the caveat is that this fully works only if the "shooter" is a single object with a centralized fire control system. That is, in general, another battleship, etc. For a more distributed and "individualistic" ground artillery, everything is more difficult.

At the same time, Firaxis, by adapting a very crude imitation of the infantry formula to everything, missed another key point.
The target can consist of units of extremely different sizes. Even a relatively small tank like the T-90 has a projection, in the most minimal case, an order of magnitude larger than that of an infantryman. When viewed from above (the projectile falls just from there), the difference will already be 250 times. As a result, tanks and artillery, as a rule, manage to suppress "a little" earlier than the last machine gunner.
Similarly, the deck area of the "Iowa" is six times larger than that of the destroyer, and the area of the vertical projection differs in approximately the same proportion.
At the same time, in the "Tactical" Merkava mod, there is a "camouflage" tag that acts as a "divider" when determining accuracy. It might as well reflect the effect of target size on accuracy.
Spoiler :

Finally, Merkava has a couple more notable tags related to camouflage. Which can be used to bring the final realistic gloss. For example, in his fashion, camouflage can decrease with each subsequent shot of the shooter. And this, for example, makes meaningful reconnaissance by combat to reveal enemy artillery positions, etc.

To be continued

So it looks like I've finally made a stable version of my personal "version" of R:I.

At least up to and including the Medival Era (it probably takes another 40-45 turns before I reach the Renaissance Era).

Now I'm very close to have the Renaissance Era to start where I "want" it to start (somewhere 'round year 1000AD to 1200AD) - a minor tweak in CIV4EraInfos.xml for <iTechCostModifier> for both ERA_CLASSICAL and ERA_MEDIEVAL will probably give me the years I "need".....
Civ4ScreenShot0174.JPG

1079 turns completed (savegamesize 3.026Kb) and only one crash so far. It happened in connection with a peace treaty between Spain and France (the 2 leading nations right now). The game simply went into an endless loop, so Ctrl+Alt+Delete... and retry. It ended with the same result - just one turn later.

Easiest solution (and the least extensive) was to enforce a peace via WorldBuilder. It worked. Since then the game has just worked(!).

But why do I really want "all" of these early Eras to be so long?

Well, I can only write that "one" really learns to appreciate even a few Militia or "simple" archers. That all buildings matter. That contact with other civilizations really matters (open borders or not). And that the barbarians are really deadly - even in "my" version, where they can't establish their own cities themselves (but on the other hand, they also can't "decide" where the cities should be placed - yes, of course you can level their cities with the earth..... But do you do it ????).

And then last but not least. That all resources really matter. Even PrimeTimber # 3 and 4. Or Marble # 2. Or Fish # 7. This last is of course something completely special for my version - a very large extension of the fact that it requires resources to create new resources - just to a much-much greater extent than in the normal version of R:I.

Playing RI Europe and my spies can conduct missions but don't get any XP. The AI conducts espionage missions against me and I can thwart espionage . I can choose missions as well.
Is this a feature of the scenario or a glitch on me?

Playing RI Europe and my spies can conduct missions but don't get any XP. The AI conducts espionage missions against me and I can thwart espionage . I can choose missions as well.
Is this a feature of the scenario or a glitch on me?
yes, spies cannot get xp in this mod

Top Bottom