Rebalance to early game aggression: Fun read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, every thread you've made on this has seemed completely unreasonable to me. Because no matter how often evidence that argues against your conclusion (there are no early wars, and the game is borked because of it) is presented, you ignore it.

The AI appears to be more sensible about when it goes to war. This is a good thing.

If you draw from history, you need to remember that it's the victors who get to write it. The guys that went to war, and failed? Not a lot of poetry there.

I made this thread to shed the extremism of the others. You came in here guns firing when I made a suggestion to improve the early game.

You either make a detailed criticism of the actual OP or you go away. You don't come in here talking trash. I responded to another person in the post who didn't agree with some suggestions. I didn't get hostile with him. But for some reason me and you have problems. Could it be your attitude?

+1 for creative thinking on those ideas , some are actually quite decent ,
+1 aslo for the imaginative tactic of creating multi threads in order to get others in your delusion of a early game problem
But why so much energy into fixing something that is not broken ?
At least a few of the ideas in this thread could actually be used...

For example, make some civs that have early units like Aztec, only focus on 1 or maybe 2 cities max, and then declare war to further expand.

I actually saw a recent example of this in my second BNW game. Mongolia built only their capital and then instead of ever building a second city, they just conquered the 2 CS near them.

I actually saw this happening often in my G&K games. Aztecs, Huns and Mongols often do so, particularly the Huns. However if you want my opinion not settling a second city is almost invariably a bad choice. Those early conquest attempts of the huns tended to backfire and then the AI never recovered.

I don't have enough data on BNW but I saw Assyria conquering an enemy's capital with only two cities founded.

I made this thread to shed the extremism of the others. You came in here guns firing when I made a suggestion to improve the early game.

You either make a detailed criticism of the actual OP or you go away. You don't come in here talking trash. I responded to another person in the post who didn't agree with some suggestions. I didn't get hostile with him. But for some reason me and you have problems. Could it be your attitude?

Wait, what? I'm not aware of us having any problems, perhaps you're thinking of someone else?

I'm still not personally convinced that the early AI aggression is a problem. I work as a software developer, and I'm aware of the issues caused by fixing things that aren't necessarily broken.

So my detailed criticism of the OP is: let's determine that there is something to fix, before we fix it.

Moderator Action: Thread closed, one thread on the issue is enough, please use the first one to discuss it. OP can edit the first post there to collect suggestions, but do not open another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom