Recreating the Arab Invasion

Spirictum

Immortal
Come to think of it, maybe we should just remove the Islamic Shrine from the game altogether. In the Holy City screen just display the Islamic Shrine as Mecca. That's how RFCE does it.

To compensate for that, just give Islamic Faith points an added benefit of providing Free Support for up to 25 Units.

I would like to expand on this idea from IOSI. Not about the specific bonus the Islamic FPs should give (although this should be part of the debate), but in rethinking on how to deal with the Islamic and Sassanid wars in early game.

Justinian's plague should happen in its initial dates (541-542AD). A good number of byzantine troops could be available in Mideast and the Sassanids should spawn near Tyre, Antioch and Jerusalem too. The idea is to exhaust Byzantine player with lots of war in its eastern border.

When the Arabs spawn they could spawn with no city (I guess this is possible, as after a denied flip they spawn without cities) and have no flip, but a massive starting army to overrun the Mideast. And just after they spawn the sassanids should end spawning.

Having no Holy city would be nice in this new way, and a similar engine to ottomans could make the Arabs change capital to Damascus as soon as they take it (so a byz damascus should be available). If damascus is razed, an indy damascus could spawn after the arab spawn, just to be sure the arabs can get it (or another mechanic could ensure damascus is not destroyed, whichever is better/easier to implement).

Maybe if it's better to let them have a starting city, let them make Al-Aqaba, it's so far away that it'll be really hard to have an army to destroy it with the lame strategy of taking the only city.

I would like to see ideas and comments on this. My intention is to let the early mideast warfare be more realistic for the game, not as it is now, where the sassanids avoid the mideast for the arab player to have something to flip for him. The sassanids reached Egypt, the Levant and Anatolia, and the byz put a strong defense and counter-attack on that region. The Arabs were successful because the two parties were exhausted after prolonged wars.

I think the Arab conquest of North Africa needs to be better represented-- I don't think I have ever seen Arabia conquer North Africa early on like they did historically. Lately, they don't even seem to be taking Egypt on the svn.

Top Bottom