Recruiting Great People - Carry over points

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
So.. I've seen this happy few times.

Are there specific rules when it comes to Great People Points?

I've seen this happen a number of times especially in late-game.

I earn the Great Person naturally once my bank fills up, and all of a sudden the next Great People, OTHER civilizations's bank triples or doubles to a point where at least 5 nations can simulatonesly get this person (they all over fill)

Which then makes certain Great People impossible to get when these point just overflow.

Is there something I'm unaware of?

Most likely what you are seeing is other players declining the great person.

Im guessing you are seeing this online as I believe the AI will always take great people when offered regardless of what they do.

Most likely what you are seeing is other players declining the great person.

Im guessing you are seeing this online as I believe the AI will always take great people when offered regardless of what they do.

Neither is possible

- I recruit the great person on MY turn, and the overflow goes crazy
- I don't play online.

So.. I've seen this happy few times.

Are there specific rules when it comes to Great People Points?

I've seen this happen a number of times especially in late-game.

I earn the Great Person naturally once my bank fills up, and all of a sudden the next Great People, OTHER civilizations's bank triples or doubles to a point where at least 5 nations can simulatonesly get this person (they all over fill)

Which then makes certain Great People impossible to get when these point just overflow.

Is there something I'm unaware of?

I'm a great person maniac and recruit as many as I can. I don't remember seeing opponent GP banks for the next in line suddenly tripling after my purchase of great persons though. That would mean the AI earning huge amounts of great person Points suddenly when it's not even their turn so you must be encountering a bug of some sort, most likely a great person from an earlier era who requires far lesser points suddenly appears next in line. Maybe you could list the said great persons whom the AI's banks have tripled against and the Era you are in.

Recruiting problems I have run into however, are when I skip a great person and two other Civilizations are very near recruiting the next in line. One Civilization immediately recruits the one I skipped thanks to the discount and the one after that which I am waiting for is immediately bought up also and I can't do anything because I have to go next turn before I even see that desired great person in the queue.

Edit: I do remember for Great Perople in the later eras particularly that the current great person actually costs more than the next one in line to recruit. If I'm not wrong for me it was Estée Lauder and her Perfume Luxuries. In this case you would encounter an overflow problem because the next GP costs less but I don't see how it could have as much as doubled.

Last edited:
I'm a great person maniac and recruit as many as I can. I don't remember seeing opponent GP banks for the next in line suddenly tripling after my purchase of great persons though. That would mean the AI earning huge amounts of great person Points suddenly when it's not even their turn so you must be encountering a bug of some sort, most likely a great person from an earlier era who requires far lesser points suddenly appears next in line. Maybe you could list the said great persons whom the AI's banks have tripled against and the Era you are in.

Recruiting problems I have run into however, are when I skip a great person and two other Civilizations are very near recruiting the next in line. One Civilization immediately recruits the one I skipped thanks to the discount and the one after that which I am waiting for is immediately bought up also and I can't do anything because I have to go next turn before I even see that desired great person in the queue.

Edit: I do remember for Great Merchants in the later eras particularly that the current great person actually costs more than the next one in line to recruit. If I'm not wrong it's Estée Lauder and her Perfume Luxuries. In this case you would encounter an overflow problem because the next GP costs less but I don't see how it could have as much as doubled.

That could be it then. So each Great Person can have a different cost depending despite being from the same era?

That could be it then. So each Great Person can have a different cost depending despite being from the same era?

I distinctively remember that because it was strange to me but that was in Vanilla and I didn't really pay attention to it.

The first great person of a type for an era costs more than the rest for that era if you reach that person too early (I don't know exactly how early). It seems to be a slow-down mechanism if great people are going to quickly.

So if you get the more expensive great person, the next two might be claimed right away if other civs have enough points.

The first great person of a type for an era costs more than the rest for that era if you reach that person too early (I don't know exactly how early). It seems to be a slow-down mechanism if great people are going to quickly.

So if you get the more expensive great person, the next two might be claimed right away if other civs have enough points.

That's enlightening and disappointing at the same time. I Wished the Devs were more transparent on things like these.

Top Bottom