Recycled news?

When a game is still under development, many assets are still unfinished. So when they show you previews of the game, you see the bits that are finished.

Why aren't they showing more civilizations other than the ones we're seeing? Probably because they're not finished yet.

The Civs and leaders are the "main course" of info giving Firaxis the highest awareness in the communities. Therefore they have a big incentive to stretch these information... I would be more than surprised if not all the 18 Civs, leaders and agendas are defined and even already ready for kickoff from the art-department...

I agree that a lot of information is given for us fanatics but we use sources the regular, "casual" civ player wouldn't... (twitch, livestreams, walkthroughs...)

You should read some of the commentaries below the youtube-videos and articles and you see a lot of regular customers and even now they are going: "What? Unstacking cities? :eek:" "Is this a game for PC?" "Please let America be a civ again" "Civ 5 was so cool - I played it for a few weeks - Will definitely try this out..." :crazyeye:

There's definitely a big incentive to stretch out leader/civ reveals - it's something that I think almost every current Civ player is interested in (considering not only the graphics, but the civ/leader choice and the bonuses). But I don't think being done with the leaderscreens is definite. I think I saw that the current art director was in charge of leader screens on Civ V, which means there's a good chance someone on the Civ VI team is focused on leader screens. I don't think they'd schedule that person to be done with their main task so early. Unless their DLC schedule is very fast. Or maybe if there are animated advisors or some other characters we don't know about.

Top Bottom