Red White Checkerboard Sponsor Icon, Is it a Bug?

roadmaster

Chieftain
I have created my own sponsor, with his own set of Icons and Icon Atlases. I have been play testing with it for some time now without any problems, but just yesterday I went to start it up and all of a sudden my Sponsor Icon which was a Green Star now is a Red and White checkerboard, and when I get past the initial loadouts into the advanced settings it shows the ARC Icon for my Civ. I haden't changed or worked with the icon for sometime and have no clue why its showing the red/white checkerboard. Anyone have any ideas whats happening?

* Edit *
If I don't select a sponsor and instead go directly into the advanced settings and select a sponsor that way then it shows the Question Mark Icon next to my sponsor name.

Well, I finally figured out what I did, I had moved my custom IconAtlas xml file into a subfolder in my Sponsor Project and unlike when you simply change a xml file name, it didn't update itself in the Actions > OnModActivated area of the project. So none of my icons were working, all I had to do was re-add it once I figured it out. Although I'm interested in where the red / white checkerboard graphic came from, I.m guessing its some sort of error image.

Yes, it's the "missing graphic"-placeholder, which can be caused by invalid graphic files, an invalid IconAtlas or, as in your case, files that just aren't loaded/there.

In general, the SDK immediately "forgets" the load-settings you used for files when you move (or copy-paste) them around, so it's a good habit to reinstate the correct loading actions right after moving files. Of course, keeping a fixed file structure so moving things around is not a thing is an even better habit - especially on the long run, as it will be much easier to find things when all your mods are built in a similar fashion.

Top Bottom