1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Red White Checkerboard Sponsor Icon, Is it a Bug?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by roadmaster, May 27, 2015.

1. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

I have created my own sponsor, with his own set of Icons and Icon Atlases. I have been play testing with it for some time now without any problems, but just yesterday I went to start it up and all of a sudden my Sponsor Icon which was a Green Star now is a Red and White checkerboard, and when I get past the initial loadouts into the advanced settings it shows the ARC Icon for my Civ. I haden't changed or worked with the icon for sometime and have no clue why its showing the red/white checkerboard. Anyone have any ideas whats happening?

* Edit *
    If I don't select a sponsor and instead go directly into the advanced settings and select a sponsor that way then it shows the Question Mark Icon next to my sponsor name.

2. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

Well, I finally figured out what I did, I had moved my custom IconAtlas xml file into a subfolder in my Sponsor Project and unlike when you simply change a xml file name, it didn't update itself in the Actions > OnModActivated area of the project. So none of my icons were working, all I had to do was re-add it once I figured it out. Although I'm interested in where the red / white checkerboard graphic came from, I.m guessing its some sort of error image.

3. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Yes, it's the "missing graphic"-placeholder, which can be caused by invalid graphic files, an invalid IconAtlas or, as in your case, files that just aren't loaded/there.

In general, the SDK immediately "forgets" the load-settings you used for files when you move (or copy-paste) them around, so it's a good habit to reinstate the correct loading actions right after moving files. Of course, keeping a fixed file structure so moving things around is not a thing is an even better habit - especially on the long run, as it will be much easier to find things when all your mods are built in a similar fashion.