reducing the amount of camps

flamingdratini

Chieftain
Hi, I want to start by saying i positively love this mod. I love the changes to certain religions and certain factions, i love exploring, i love the new leaders, and i love having ranged units that actually fight at range. That being said theres one thing i dont like, the barbarians. What i want to do is make it so less static camps spawn. less fortresses, less places where barbarians sit and pile up. While i understand the difficulty aspect, i find it very distracting and not very fun to constantly deal with these forts and other static barbarian spawning places. is there a way i can reduce the amount of these static places, or at least make it so they spawn further away from each other? the major issue for me is that they spawn so close together that i find myself finding one in every corner. in a strange twist, i find them just as aggravating once i start to get powerful enough to take them on with (relative) ease. suddenly they become boring farms and stop being exciting. IF theres any way to change them on the user side i would love to know how to do it. thank you very much.

Yeah, how to reduce this in xml? The amount of barbarians is insane, it kills all the fun.

I am going to reduce Barbarian strength on the next version:

Spoiler :

- [EQUIPMENT] Fixed Bleeder; now it checks for health first then deals damage.
- [EQUIPMENT] Hide Armor gives +10% defense, cost 150 leather, requires Hunting.
- [EQUIPMENT] Scale Armor requires Weaponry (instead of Warrior Caste).
- [PROJECT] Local Legend is now can be completed until Turn 100.
- [TECH] Warrior Caste no longer gives +2 strength to military units.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Mercenary strength from 10 to 9.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Goblin Archer strength from 6 +2 poison to 5 +2 poison.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Lizardman strength from 10 to 8.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Hill Giant strength from 15 to 13.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Skeleton strength to 5 +2 unholy.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Spectre strength from 10 +5 unholy to 10 +3 unholy.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Blooded Werewolf movement from 2 to 1.
- [BARBARIAN] Reduces Greater Werewolf movement from 3 to 1.

Hopefully that will allow some relief during early turns.

But if you still want to reduce the camps from spawning, go to Modules/NormalModules/Xtended/XGuilds/XGUILDS_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml and do the following:
- increase the iMinWilderness value to push that particular spawning point toward the pole (more wilderness value = farther from starting positions).
- reduce iAppearanceProbability from 100 to 80 or 75. This should reduce the chance of a particular spawning point to appear in a game.

thank you very much. honestly i dont think they need a nerf there just needs to be less camps.maybe i misunderstand the point of this modmod but its almost impossible to expand for a very long time with camps everywhere.

Or at least make the AI more adept at dealing with the ridiculous numbers of barbarians. In most of my games, they barely expand, which I chalk up to them being too scared to move settlers out of town and/or settlers being eaten the moment they leave the cities.

Agree. I've just read the upcoming changes and I am certain that they won't actually fix the issue as it makes barbarians bit weaker but also removes +2 strenght from warrior caste. It is absurdly stupid decision.

I assume it's to make researching stuff besides warrior caste viable early-game. Because good luck dislodging those pesky goblin fortresses without some buffed-up troops.

Honestly, I'd rather see a reduction in spawn rate for fortresses.

yes, a reduced spawn rate would be really useful for all lairs (1spawn/turn until 3on the tile is too much) : you need to have at least 2 units to kill a camp.(and even then you need some luck or overwhelming power)
(1 unit/3-4turns might be more balanced)

Hi Esvath,

again, after only lurking and not participating, thanks again for your work. Big Kudos from my part. I love your work. One thing, please. Make it stable. I do have a lot of crashes, mostly because of certain civs, I guess... and some spells and global enchantments (expecially Amurites). I can't really explain it... and some maps without hell terrain would be great.

Thanks againg,

Tschuggi

Do not destroy the forts of the barbarians. Farm culture and XP. Barbarians X bard = culture, XP.

Top Bottom