Reformation failed :(

KaiserKevin

Warlord
Just got Beta 3 and started off as Poland. Converted to Catholicism early and Germany got printing press in 1300's but didn't convert to Protestanism. I never got option to convert and I wasn't gonna war with Germany to try and get some protestants, thus I came crying here. What is the fix?

Just got Beta 3 and started off as Poland. Converted to Catholicism early and Germany got printing press in 1300's but didn't convert to Protestanism. I never got option to convert and I wasn't gonna war with Germany to try and get some protestants, thus I came crying here. What is the fix?

Sounds like a bug. Can you post a save?

Sounds like a bug. Can you post a save?

Started a new game after first fail, this one failed to. If I click 'yes' once I get the reformation prompt I don't convert to protestantism, and no one else converted either.

The first time around Germany got the Reformation and I didn't get a prompt at all.

Also my own little pet-peeve about this but its been like at least 6-8 months since I last played this mod and there is still an Utica being founded by Hungary >_<

Edit: Just played as Germans and same issue. I pasted the Beta 3 over what I think was Beta 1, dunno if that would cause an issue.

Attachments

• RaF.CivBeyondSwordSave
    865.3 KB · Views: 126
I tried deleting everything and putting the mod in again, but still same issue. Once I get the prompt for Reformation if I click 'yes' it doesn't change to protestantism and no one else converts either. I got 3.19.

definitely a bug for the entire mod, I believe it's being handled as we speak.
It's frustrating though, because the reformation in version 2 was so beautifully done, and to see it flounder in 3 is sad :(

The savegame doesn't work for me? Anyone can open this file?

It's possible that you edited the mod too much that you can't open the savegame anymore.

I think a great way to honor our veterans today would be to get the Reformation fixed and get a list of Hungarian cities so there's no more Uticas but that's just my opinion. I'm sure there's at least 1 vet that plays this mod, make his day.

For me, it was even worst : my state religion didn't change, only two cities flipped to Protestantism, but their buildings didn't (churches...), and no way to build the Protestant seminary !

&#65325;aybe we can make the tech printing press automatically and gradually "flow" to civs as Protestantism spread. like 20% for each city. When it fully spread, let there be huge stability penalty for civs without free religion...... let 30 years war be!

&#65325;aybe we can make the tech printing press automatically and gradually "flow" to civs as Protestantism spread. like 20% for each city. When it fully spread, let there be huge stability penalty for civs without free religion...... let 30 years war be!

I'm not sure what you mean by this, 20% per city? like it spreads with a .2 probability?

I think the current change everything system streamlines the transition and makes a civ like France whose been around for 800 years before not have to start all over in the infrastructure

Progress Dr. Oppenheimer?

Everyone abandoned this mod for Sword of Islam, huh. I say that's a shame :p

New kind of bug : I was playing as England, and knowing reformation use to fail in beta 3, I didn't want to get Protestantism as I discoverded printing press. But all my cities got it and my faith points got down to 0 !

This was weird, I got printing press first, but it didn't even ask me if i wanted to adopt protestantism (yes I know it wont work) and no holy city was founded (i checked everywhere and noone had founded before me)

Everyone abandoned this mod for Sword of Islam, huh. I say that's a shame :p

I actually was going to try this mod for the first time after playing SoI into the ground, but now I'm not sure I want to after seeing all the Reformation issues and no sign that they're being attended to. I say that's a shame.

This was weird, I got printing press first, but it didn't even ask me if i wanted to adopt protestantism (yes I know it wont work) and no holy city was founded (i checked everywhere and noone had founded before me)

Which Civ were you? It only works if you are catholic.

I wanted to start a Sweden game lately to see how the game unfolds now, but the Reformation bug left me unable to do so.

It created a huge Python Error window that was so huge that I couldn't close it anymore. And all the lines showed an error in line 433 in Religion.py. It seems like there's some kind of loop involved.

I'm curious if someone is working on this problem.

Without any annotations in the code i'm not able to fix this because it would take hours to understand what is going on and even many more to figure out what is broken. I hope the person who created this code is still around.

If so, it's not the code he made for his generic Protestantism modmod.

It also seems someone else changed something there, because from what I figured it worked for a long time.

Top Bottom