Votes: 5 83.3%
  • situation 2

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stratego

Trying to be good.
Assume that a god exist (so the following "truth" and "lie" will reflect this assumption), but the object person doesn't believe in him. Which of the following is the worse thing for him to do?

1) He preaches the wonders of God, and preaches it as well as an articulate believer. So he basically spreading the words of God, while not believing in God.

2) He constantly preaches that there is no God.

In situation 1, he is spreading the "truth", but in his heart, he's lying.

In situation 2, he is true to what he believes, but is spreading a "lie."

i choose situation 3, wherein a post is made to a forum about a topic which is historically known for giving rise to vicious, pointless flamewars, and has only the barest relation to the actual core topic of the forum.

This question cannot be answered without a more specific definition about "God" and the the moral standards which this "God" stands for. You ask people to evaluate an action ethically, from a perspective which may not be their own (i.e. "assume there is a god"), without sufficiently specifying the perspective they should adopt for their answer (*which* god and what does he/she/it stand for?). This is very likely to lead to people misunderstanding each other because of assuming different standards without realizing that.

This is off-topic, btw. :)

I agree with Shivam. This kind of topic seems to signal people to start peddling their religious beliefs.

As for the actual question though, I think it really depends on the specifics. When you say "worse" do you mean "worse in the eyes of a beholder" or "worse in the eyes of god", or perhaps "worsest effect on society" - and if it's that, again worse in the eyes of a human, or in the eyes of god? It also matters what kind of god we are talking about; a cruel and ruthless god, or a generous and forgiving god? And what kind of preaching is he doing; maybe he has an internet website - mantains it, and nothing more; or maybe he preaches to strangers on the street and hands out pamphlet with his url on them.

:confused: What the flip has this got to do with Civilization? Away with your spritualist nonsense and let's get back to the serious subject of games! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom