Regarding Uninstalling

Robochimp46

Chieftain
hi, me and my Brother are large FFH fans, and when we grew a little tired of FFH (after like 100 games), i tried a few modmods of FFH, but there was only 1 i ever liked and that was FF... im not saying i grew bored of FF, but wanted more from it... and because FFs crew seem to be on perma heiatus i found RiFE with a team who looked very commited to making sure they have a good mod, i like it aside from the errors... but im looking forward to 1.31 anyways, unfortunatly my brother doesnt really share my veiw on RiFE and wants to remain playing LAN games on FF.

Onto the Problem then

he only has around 30GB remaining on his HDD and wishes to uninstall RiFE, but he is getting a large number of problems regarding uninstalling
he is running a windows XP 32 bit operating system and if i remember correctly he was saying that it refuses to let 32 bit OS' uninstall and reckons it would only allow 64 bit OS to uninstall it using add / remove programs. he also says that using the uninstaller located in its directory also fails and besides removing it from the registry hes not really sure how to remove it,
i have just tried clicking remove using another XP32bit OS computer on add and remove programs to try and help him out and i got the following message displayed in an error window:

"Internal Error: Cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller"

im not knowledgable on game coding knowledge and dont really know what to do besides removing it from registry and deleting it from the directory... though im not entirely sure if that would work.

So i guess My Questions are as follows

1) Can RiFE be removed by simply deleting its directory?
C:/ Program Files / Firaxis Games / Civ 4 / BTS / Mods / RiFE

2) If not can it be removed from the registry?

3) If not how do you remove it:lol:

on behalf of my brother, thanks to anyone who can shed some light on how to uninstall it
on behalf of me, thanks for this great mod and keep up the good work, cant wait till 1.31 :D

oh lol... ok thanks alot Valk... i always seem to overlook the simplest solution :( :lol:
ty again and keep up the good work :D

Top Bottom