Reinstalling

Tharak

Chieftain
Having a lot of trouble with the game on both my machines, so I'm going to reinstall the game (again on one). I wanted to check though to see what patches I have to install in order to make it work correctly. In understand Ineed PTW patch version 1.27 f. I assume this includes all the fixes from the previous patches. DO I need to also install Civ III v1.29 f as well? If so, does the order these patches are installed make any difference. Thanks in advance!

Wow - 6 minutes to get an answer...what took so long *grin*

Seriously though, thanks a bunch. That's the way I was doing it, but still get problems. *sigh* Will have to look elswhere for answers.

If you are still having problems, make *sure* you completely uninsatll the games before re-installing. You will need to uninstall each patch you have applied, in order, and each version of the game. (Easiest to do from the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.) If any of them fails to fully uninstall, you will need to do some manual work: deleting (or at least moving) files/directories, cleaning up the Registry, etc.

Wow - 6 minutes to get an answer...what took so long *grin*
Hey! I'm doing this from work! I gotta do some stuff to keep my boss happy, too! :D

Originally posted by Padma
If you are still having problems, make *sure* you completely uninsatll the games before re-installing. You will need to uninstall each patch you have applied, in order, and each version of the game. (Easiest to do from the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.) If any of them fails to fully uninstall, you will need to do some manual work: deleting (or at least moving) files/directories, cleaning up the Registry, etc.

Thanks! Have done this...figured out part of the problem on one of my machines (I think came from moving around a bunch of programs on my partioned HD...stupid floor model computer...)

The other (and of course, my main machine) not so good...still having troubles...doesn't make the game unplayable...just a pain in the butt :(

Top Bottom