Release date

Just throwing it out there but it may just be because fall 2010 starts september 1st and it does say estimated...

It doesn't say estimated anywhere on the page.
Autumn doesn't start until the 21st of September, so that can't be it.

It doesn't say estimated anywhere on the page.
Autumn doesn't start until the 21st of September, so that can't be it.

I know you're eager to be the first to announce a release date and you surely won't be the last, but its just a guess on Steam's part. Sorry.

Unfortunately this will be one of the most repeated threads.

Someone should set up a bingo card set for online retailers who might have a guessed release date for Civ5 and which get posted.

Perhaps we should have a forum contest about it. And the person to guess closest to the release date gets a free copy. ;)

Both Civ3 & 4 were released in late October. Fall is 21 Sept .. 21 Dec.
My money is on late October .. late November.

its a fall release in time for the holidays no question. steam is just trying to drum up pre-orders, untill Firaxis gives a date its all speculation.

i really do hope its this fall though, the 2k games financial thinger said that one of their planned 2010 releases may be pushed back to 2011. fingers crossed its not civ5!

Fall is 21 Sept .. 21 Dec.

Only in some cultures. In most, Autumn is 1st Sept - 1st Dec / 1st Mar - 1st June.

Only in some cultures. In most, Autumn is 1st Sept - 1st Dec / 1st Mar - 1st June.

Really? Because seasons are normally determined by the equinoxes and solstices which occur between the 20th and 23rd of their respective months.

Really? Because seasons are normally determined by the equinoxes and solstices which occur between the 20th and 23rd of their respective months.

Wiki it. It's all explained there.

its a fall release in time for the holidays no question. steam is just trying to drum up pre-orders, untill Firaxis gives a date its all speculation.

i really do hope its this fall though, the 2k games financial thinger said that one of their planned 2010 releases may be pushed back to 2011. fingers crossed its not civ5!

Yes but remember the Financial Year and the Calendar year are not the same. 2K's FY ends on Oct 31, not Dec 31. So pushing any game to the 2011 FY can just mean a Nov/Dec release.

CS

Yeah, i posted this already

my guess? Just in time for grade schoolers to go back to classes ;)

Leaving the rest of us to wile away our meager spare time on something more useful....

If Sep 1 is not fall, then where did Steam get that date from?

I imagine that the software that most companies use, require a date to publisize software releases, so when a Publisher doesn't give them one they just guess :p

CS

Players want it now
Developers want more time
My wife does not care

Haiku ode to "Release date"

Players want it now
Developers want more time
My wife does not care

Haiku ode to "Release date"

:lol:

I say give the developers more time to get it right...and I also say give your wife flowers...best to be really good to her now in anticipation of "one more turn" at 3am...

Top Bottom