Relic Creation?

lamaros

Warlord
What are the rules around Relic creations, it seems outside of Apostle combat it's random based on the fact you have a religion and are generating faith, is this correct?

Relics are created 3 ways

From Tribal village..random

When one of your Apostles with the "martyr" promotion dies

When you are a Suzereign of Kandy and discover a Natural Wonder

[you can only receive it if you also have a slot, (1 in Palace, 1 in Temples, 1 in Montst Michel Wonder)]

Relics are created 3 ways

From Tribal village..random

When one of your Apostles with the "martyr" promotion dies

When you are a Suzereign of Kandy and discover a Natural Wonder

[you can only receive it if you also have a slot, (1 in Palace, 1 in Temples, 1 in Montst Michel Wonder)]

Hmm, this hasn't been my experience. I received 3 in a game where I didn't have Kandy, didn't have Apostles, and didn't get any from villages. They just popped up seemingly randomly in my turns.

This only happened in games where I founded a religion, though. I've never got any in games without a religion except through trading.

Did you have a scout set to autoexplore? They probably stumbled into one courtesy of a goodie hut.

Notifications for tribal village awards are not always very prominent (and sometimes do not seem to appear at all). I believe you can also get a Relic by settling a city adjacent to a natural wonder (or perhaps just faith-giving natural wonders).

Did you conquer someone's cities? you might have taken it from them

(that is way 4+5 diplomatically trade for one or take a city that has one)

I did conquer enemy cities, however the relics were not being obtained in the turn of conquering. Maybe there was a notification delay, however it was popping up with a message that I had "discovered" the relics, and placing them in my original cities.

Top Bottom