relics - is this how you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a game as Poland where all the relics were gone. Not sure if I got all of them though.

What happened? did you just not get another or did you get a pretty message?... saves me finishing my test

I had Mt Saint Michel and loads of empty temples, but my Apostles stopped putting out relics upon religious death. No message or pop up.

Yup, just finished test.. I have all 16 relics and spare slots if paged to the right.... but my martyr dies without any glory. Nothing changed since last tested. .sav can be provided for moment of pointless death if required.

upload_2017-2-21_23-58-20.png

My gosh that is insane. You must have a lot of time on your hands...
Not really, I am sure others have done much more than this. It says yesterday as it has just gone midnight... I wonder if anyone has done 1K yet
As for time... Married with 3 teenagers, full time job ... but I work from home so ... yeah sssshhhh
upload_2017-2-22_0-4-23.png

Yup, just finished test.. I have all 16 relics and spare slots if paged to the right.... but my martyr dies without any glory. Nothing changed since last tested. .sav can be provided for moment of pointless death if required.
Thank you for the testing and hard work!

They will shift stuff out of their capital before you take it.
Do you mean that it is not possible to capture any relics/great works at all because they are always moved before you capture a city, even if it's their last city? That stinks... So what if they don't have room to store it; is it destroyed? (And then possible to emerge again?)

Do you mean that it is not possible to capture any relics/great works at all because they are always moved before you capture a city, even if it's their last city? That stinks... So what if they don't have room to store it; is it destroyed? (And then possible to emerge again?)

They will move it out if there s room elsewhere, otherwise you will get it
You will often get a relic from a capital but not any other works.

Perhaps I was wrong about the duplicates. I am certain that 2 Apostles died with no relics...then after building more Temples I was able to get more. Perhaps the 16 relic limit had not yet been reached.

lol, do not kill yourself over it... we all make mistakes, I know I am always making them.... just rock on... would have been nice to stay in character as Alex and go appy-polly-loggies... would have been sick.

I must say it was quite fun getting all relics... it was easier than I thought although the AI is pretty useless at taking out your apostles. Its getting the 13 needed cities took some time.
I also noticed something weird... maybe it was just bad luck but time and again... if my apostles attacked an inquisitor they suffered a bad loss but every time the inquisitor attacked me I won.... hmm maybe something else to test.

It must depend on whether one of the AI players is going for Religious VC. In my game, Gandhi was going for the Religious win, so he was spamming both Missionaries and Apostles almost endlessly. This made it easy to sacrifice my Apostles...and if done carefully also converted several cities to my religion. I could kill 3-4 Missionaries and 2 Apostles for every one I lost, and proper placement could spread religion (and weaken his) in three cities with every kill.

True. If I could spend the same amount of faith to directly spawn a relic instead of an Apostle, I'd often prefer that.

Getting your Apostle to become a Martyr is just an additional cost to your relic in addition to the Apostle's base cost in faith.

Moderator Action: This thread was necro'ed so posts following this were deleted. The game has changed a great deal with patches and additions. If you wish to discuss this topic, please start a new thread. Thread locked. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom