[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the crashes. Which version of RaR are you using? I can't help you, but I know that your helper would want to know.

I was about to inform about that freeze bug, but I see you are already working to solve it. It would be great if you could fix that, as I don't want to go back to previous version, I love new traits! :) Fingers crossed for your work!

Hi guys, first of all, thanks for continuing a wonderful mod!

Just wanted to let you guys know that unfortunately the mod crashes in my favourite game mode - hotseat! Single player is stable but hotseat regularly crashes to the desktop where the error message "Colonization has stopped working" appears and the game has to be started again. This problem makes hotseat mode unplayable as the crashes happen almost in every turn!

Could you guys look into this issue? Thanks!

Hello mates! I love this mod and I've sunk countless hours into it already. Thank you for all your hard work.
In my current playthrough on marathon I also encountered the freeze bug in May 1584 after I end turn. Here is my save if it's any help.
Best regards

Attachments

• Robert Ironhand AD-1584-May.ColonizationSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
Hi guys. Thanks for letting me know. I also recognized the bug in several games. However, I'm currently not able to solve the problem - I have currently no idea what the problem could be. I need the help of an experienced modder (e.g. Nightinggale or raystuttgart) to solve this issue.

Okay no problem. If I had a core file to look at I might be able to analyze it and discover the exact problem, but I'm not sure how to get those on Windows. Also I would need the source code in order to get the best data out; otherwise I'm just looking at machine code going "well this register says 0xwhatever..."

First of all, I'd just like to say that I've been playing this mod since 2.0, the ONLY thing that has kept me playing Civ4Col all these years!

I finally made an account just to say that. And this:

I too had a crash playing the "Gigantic America" map. I downloaded BucketOfHurt's file and after deleting units, I found that by deleting the Portuguese Unit "Faro" (Brigantine) and it's cargo (120 Tools and a Heavy Artillery), the game continued.

I then took the same process to my own file, and I deleted a Portuguese and a Russian ship with cargo. My game worked again.

I am not a modder nor a coder, so I don't know what to do with the files. But I hope someone can make use of this info!

Thanks RaR Team!

First of all, I'd just like to say that I've been playing this mod since 2.0, the ONLY thing that has kept me playing Civ4Col all these years!

I finally made an account just to say that. And this:

I too had a crash playing the "Gigantic America" map. I downloaded BucketOfHurt's file and after deleting units, I found that by deleting the Portuguese Unit "Faro" (Brigantine) and it's cargo (120 Tools and a Heavy Artillery), the game continued.

I then took the same process to my own file, and I deleted a Portuguese and a Russian ship with cargo. My game worked again.

I am not a modder nor a coder, so I don't know what to do with the files. But I hope someone can make use of this info!

Thanks RaR Team!

Thanks a lot friend! I just had to delete that single ship and it works again. I can finally continue, yay!

EDIT: Damn.. didn't take long before it entered an infinite loop again. Just one turn later in fact; now I'm searching for what vessel to destroy next
EDIT2: This time it was the Spanish "Santiago". This will probably keep happening, and I can't just delete all of my enemies' ships... :sad:
EDIT3: Yup, two turns later it went into yet another freeze/logic loop

Last edited:
Hi folks,
i´m a new member here, but an old one in the german civforum.

1) I recognized that in the new version RaR 2.5 the amount of the kings warships is "only" at 35 (on highest level revolutionist), in former version 2.4 king starts with 100 ships.
Is that the result of modified combat strenght or only a bug? :confused:

2) The new unit european line-infantry should have several promotions, but there is any.
This unit is not able to earn some. In my current game the level of expirience is at 2/2 and no promotion happened.

Last edited:
First of all - I have no idea! :D

1) This should not be a bug but I would say that the new combat strength could influence the amount of warships.

2) Already noted and fixed.

Seems to me that once save file reaches 4 MB it becomes unusable.
If that is the case, then it sounds like it's a limitation in the game exe and the only thing we can do about it is to reduce the amount of bytes being used to save the game. That is a massive task with a high risk of making savegames unstable. I did reduce savegame size for Medieval Conquest and it was really time consuming because I had to review each saved variable in each class. The code for doing that is so mod specific that it's nearly impossible to move to RaR. It will have to be redone from scratch.

I also seem to have hit the freeze bug in May 1559. I've gone back several auto-saves and it still "freezes" at the same point on the same turn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom