Religion Expanded [LONG]

Ok I just checked my game I have going at the moment. I started as the Macedonians in 200bc on the Giant Earth Map. I'm 66 turns in to the game and I had a look at the Carthaginian Empire.

They start the game next to nations that follow Hellenism (Rome, Greece, Macedonia), Egyptian Mythology (Ptolemic Empire, Meroe) and border states that have Judaism present in their cities plus the have no contact with anyone beyond the Selucid Empire (Zoroastrianism) and their only city that has a religion present is Terentum a previously Roman city in the South of Italy. So 10 cities, 1 of which follows Hellenism. They started the game without a state religion and converted to Hellenism right away.

Yet in 64 AD (66 turns in to the game) they have 12 cities and the following religions are present in their Empire; Zoroastrianism (2 cities) Buddhism (3 cities) Judaism (1 city), Hellenism (1 city, not Tarentum incidently), Hinduism (2 cities), Egyptian Mythology (1 city) and Taoism (2 cities).

I think this kind of religious spread is ridiculous. They don't even have contact with Toaist states and are a world away from the nearest Hindu or Buddhist Empire yet most of their trade is with the Hellenic world! It's the same picture across northern Europe, with random religious spread in the Celtic, Briton, Tueton and Veneti civilisations.

There has to be a way to eliminate religions spreading to far flung corners of the earth before more localised religions spread. This kind of thing happens regardless of what game I play. If I play on pre-made maps or using map scripts it makes no difference. I end up with religious spread that looks more like a patchwork quilt than a realistic steady spread of a religion slowly over many years.

Here is an example of exactly the kind of thing I hate about religion currently in Civ. If anyone can fix this and prevent it from happening I would probably wet my pants in excitement.

I have been looking at the possibility at getting back into modding and porting my Warlords Mod 'Eusebius World Religions' for BTS. I am hoping to do this in a modular format that can be incorporated into other mods. I am not certain whether to base it on BUG (handles Python well) or WoC Lite (handles modular XML well). I'd like to avoid making any C++ changes this time around. Suggestions welcome.

Here is how I handled some of the issues being discussed in this forum...

Most (but not all) religions were founded by Great Prophets instead of discovering a technology.

Religions may or may not have: temple, monastery, cathedral, shrine or missionary.

Some religions do not spread beyond a single civilization (Hinduism for example).

Some religions tend to displace other religions. Examples: Christianity displaces Judaism. Protestantism displaces Catholicism (for a while).

Some religions have idols. Some religions hate idols. Religions that hate idols are more likely to purge religions that have idols when they spread.

Some religions are syncretistic. When they spread, they don’t displace other religions.

Each religion has a list of civics that work with it; you cant use the others. Examples: You don't see too many crusading Buddhist nations or pacifist Muslim nations in history. (Obviously there are exceptions, but I'm painting with a really broad brush here for game interest--no disrespect intended.)

Some religions are Worldviews. A Worldview is a religion that also shapes the intellectual life of a region. I used three Worldviews: Confucianism, Hellenism and MesoAmericanism. A Worldview cannot spread to a city that already has one. (Hinduism sort of functioned like a Worldview.) Some religions spread faster to certain worldviews. For example, Buddhism does better with Confucianism and Christianity does better with Hellenism.

I developed secularism as a religion that tended to eliminate other religions.

I had also developed a model for diseases that used the religion spread mechanism.

I have been looking at the possibility at getting back into modding and porting my Warlords Mod 'Eusebius World Religions' for BTS. I am hoping to do this in a modular format that can be incorporated into other mods. I am not certain whether to base it on BUG (handles Python well) or WoC Lite (handles modular XML well). I'd like to avoid making any C++ changes this time around. Suggestions welcome.

Here is how I handled some of the issues being discussed in this forum...

Most (but not all) religions were founded by Great Prophets instead of discovering a technology.

Religions may or may not have: temple, monastery, cathedral, shrine or missionary.

Some religions do not spread beyond a single civilization (Hinduism for example).

Some religions tend to displace other religions. Examples: Christianity displaces Judaism. Protestantism displaces Catholicism (for a while).

Some religions have idols. Some religions hate idols. Religions that hate idols are more likely to purge religions that have idols when they spread.

Some religions are syncretistic. When they spread, they don’t displace other religions.

Each religion has a list of civics that work with it; you cant use the others. Examples: You don't see too many crusading Buddhist nations or pacifist Muslim nations in history. (Obviously there are exceptions, but I'm painting with a really broad brush here for game interest--no disrespect intended.)

Some religions are Worldviews. A Worldview is a religion that also shapes the intellectual life of a region. I used three Worldviews: Confucianism, Hellenism and MesoAmericanism. A Worldview cannot spread to a city that already has one. (Hinduism sort of functioned like a Worldview.) Some religions spread faster to certain worldviews. For example, Buddhism does better with Confucianism and Christianity does better with Hellenism.

I had also developed a model for diseases that used the religion spread mechanism.

Yeeehhhaa!
I've got some ideas around the religions too, and I'm started a thead to discuss it.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=338198
In this thread zappara mentioned your mod, but unfortunatley it's not compatible with BTS. :sad:
Oh, boy beatiful ideas in your mod. :goodjob: It will be great to merge into RoM, preferaby an option of AND. (I know second point is quite hard because the bulk of changes, but dare to dream :lol:)
I think you shold discuss with zappara and Afforess.

Here is an example of exactly the kind of thing I hate about religion currently in Civ. If anyone can fix this and prevent it from happening I would probably wet my pants in excitement.

I know what you mean, i hate that aswell. Every game i have to enter world builder to remove buddhism or hinduism in a European city. There really has to be a way to fix this sort of thing.

Also denominations of religions like Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox for Christianity and Shi'a, Sufism and Sunni (I think there is one more) for Islam would be a really nice idea. But make it so they don't have a separate section in the religions menu but are smaller tags under the Christianity symbol. Exactly like you have done with civics, in the menu there is a big box for the civic (Power, Government, Society) then in that big box is the picture of the current choice for that civic and underneath that are available alternative civics you can pick. Denominations for religions can be picked the same way. How each denomination would become available to pick is beyond me, i don't have sufficient knowledge to know when and why certain denominations came about (well i know why, but relating it to techs i have no clue). But if this can be done, it would be great to make it so that there is a relationship bonus between civs for having different denominations of the same religion but a even bigger bonus if they are the same denomination.

Here is what is in anyway. I just want to make a clear.

94 Religions although 30 are full sets, and a lot techs not complete yet.

The 30 full sets are denominations though with inquisition units for each. Movies are included for each shrine as well.
Spoiler :
Jewish

Pharisees
Sadducees
Essenes
Karaites

Christian

Nestorian
Coptic
Orthodox
Catholic
Protestant

Islam

Sunnism
Shiism
Kharijism
Mu'tazilism
Isma'ilism

Iran

Mazdaism
Zurvanism
Manicheanism
Baha'i

Hinduism

Smarthan
Shaivan
Viashnavan
Shakti

Buddhism

Theravada
Vajrayana
Mahayana
Zen

Chinese

Confucianism
Taoism
Mohism
Legalism

The others are 16 mythologies and 48 cults within them. They are not all complete yet.
Spoiler :
Hellenism
Zeus
Athena
Apollo

Egyptian
Ra
Horus
Osiris

Mesopotamian
Marduk
Ashur
An

Nordic
Odin
Thor
Freyja

Celtic
Tarvos Trigaranus
The Dagda
Rhiannon

Slavic
Perun
Veles
Svarog

Vedic
Indra
Agni
Mitra

Shinto
Amaterasu
Tsukiyomi
Susanoo

Cathay
Shangdi
Yu Huang
Tu Di Gong

Siberian
Tengri
Bai-Ulgan
Esege Malan

Aborginal
Dreamtime
Rainbow Serpent
Wandjina

Congo
Unkulunkulu
Cagn
Katonda

Niger
Olorun
Nyame
Amma

MesoAmerican
Quetzalcoatl
Chaac
Maize God

Andean
Inti
Viracocha
Apu Illapu

Native
Hvshi
Tseiqami
Wakan Tanka

List of new xml tags.
Spoiler :

Code:
<!-- Building Schema -->

<!--  PAGAN_RELIGIONS      05/07/08            Faichele   -->
	<ElementType name="SpreadsReligion" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="FoundsReligion" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="PrereqOrReligion" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="PrereqOrReligions" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="PrereqOrReligion" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
<!--  PAGAN_RELIGIONS      END                            -->
<!--  PAGAN_RELIGIONS      05/07/08            Faichele   -->
		<element type="SpreadsReligion" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="FoundsReligion" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="PrereqOrReligions" minOccurs="0"/>
<!--  PAGAN_RELIGIONS      END                            -->

This adds the ability for buildings to found a religion with a requirement of another first.

Code:
<!-- Civilizations Schema -->

<!-- PAGAN_RELIGIONS_AND_SCHISMS	10/12/2007	Faichele	-->
	<ElementType name="PaganReligion" content="textOnly"/>
<!-- PAGAN_RELIGIONS_AND_SCHISMS	END						-->
<!-- PAGAN_RELIGIONS_AND_SCHISMS	10/12/2007	Faichele	-->
		<element type="PaganReligion" minOccurs="0"/>

This adds a religion to a civ everytime a city is built.

Code:
<!-- Game Info Schema -->

<!-- PAGAN_RELIGIONS_AND_SCHISMS	03/08/2008	Faichele	-->
	<ElementType name="bIsPagan" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
	<ElementType name="ParentReligion" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="SpreadEra" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="SpreadEras" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="SpreadEra" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="KeepEra" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="KeepEras" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="KeepEra" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="DecayEra" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="DecayEras" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="DecayEra" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="SpreadCivic" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="SpreadCivics" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="SpreadCivic" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="KeepCivic" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="KeepCivics" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="KeepCivic" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="DecayCivic" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="DecayCivics" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="DecayCivic" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="SchismYearEarliest" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
	<ElementType name="SchismYearLatest" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
	<ElementType name="GroupName" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="bCanSacrifice" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
	<ElementType name="SacrificeType" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="SacrificeTypes" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="SacrificeType" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
	<ElementType name="iSpiritualityDiscoverCost" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
	<ElementType name="iSpiritualityConvertCost" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
<!-- PAGAN_RELIGIONS_AND_SCHISMS	03/08/2008	Faichele	-->
		<element type="bIsPagan" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="ParentReligion" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="SpreadEras" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="KeepEras" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="DecayEras" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="SpreadCivics" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="KeepCivics" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="DecayCivics" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="SchismYearEarliest" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="SchismYearLatest" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="GroupName" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="bCanSacrifice" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="SacrificeTypes" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="iSpiritualityDiscoverCost" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="iSpiritualityConvertCost"  minOccurs="0"/>
<!-- YET_MORE_COMMERCETYPES		08/01/08		FAICHELE	-->
	<ElementType name="bStockPilePerCity" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
	<ElementType name="bStockPilePerPlayer" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<!-- YET_MORE_COMMERCETYPES		END				FAICHELE	-->
<!-- YET_MORE_COMMERCETYPES		08/01/08		FAICHELE	-->
		<element type="bStockPilePerCity" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="bStockPilePerPlayer" minOccurs="0"/>
<!-- YET_MORE_COMMERCETYPES		END				FAICHELE	-->
<!-- YET_MORE_COMMERCETYPES			10/26/08			FAICHELE -->
	<ElementType name="iPhilosophyDiscoverCost" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
	<ElementType name="iPhilosophySwitchCost" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
	<ElementType name="iSpiritualitySwitchCost" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
		<element type="iPhilosophyDiscoverCost" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="iPhilosophySwitchCost" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="iSpiritualitySwitchCost" minOccurs="0"/>
"bIsPagan" makes a religion non spreadable by normal means, and "ParentReligion" gives a religion a parent for schisms. "GroupName" is the name for text in the schism mission popup.

"iSpiritualityDiscoverCost" and "iSpiritualityConvertCost" is planned to be implemented. Basically was going to require a certain amount of spiritual commerce to do either discover a religion or to convert.

The sacrifices are not in this one. The adds the tags for effects from civics on the spread and decay. Add also what range of years an automatic schism can take place for a religion.

The more commerces adds the new commerces to the game but I don't think I used in this one. All you have to do is add more commerces line to any section already using commerce to add them though.

Code:
<!-- Unit Schema -->

<!-- INQUISITION			10/12/2007			MRGENIE		-->
	<ElementType name="PrereqCivic" content="textOnly"/>
<!-- INQUISITION			END					MRGENIE		-->
	<ElementType name="bRemoveNonStateReligion" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<!-- SCHISMS				03/12/2008			faichele	-->
	<ElementType name="bReligiousSchism" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<!-- SCHISMS				END					faichele	-->
		<element type="PrereqCivic" minOccurs="0"/>
		<element type="bRemoveNonStateReligion" minOccurs="0"/>
<!-- SCHISMS				03/12/2008			faichele	-->
		<element type="bReligiousSchism" minOccurs="0"/>
<!-- SCHISMS				END					faichele	-->

Adds a tag to give a unit the possibility to remove a religion. The other is for it to perform a schism. There is inquisitor AI in the SDK for them. No AI for the prophet schism mission.

There is an automatic schism mission without the prophet based on the years. That is what I want to tweak or either give the prophet some AI to do a schism.

Most of the changes are in the automatic schism mechanism and recognizing parent religions for example.

Some screenshots
Spoiler :

Does anyone know if there is a complete set for Jainism and Sikhism? I would be interested in adding them to Rapture perhaps in the future if they were.

I can do reskins of buddhist buildings and units for Jainism. And perhaps reskins of hindu buildings and units for Sikhism. But wondering if there is a shrine already available or movies for each.

Does anyone know if there is a complete set for Jainism and Sikhism? I would be interested in adding them to Rapture perhaps in the future if they were.

I can do reskins of buddhist buildings and units for Jainism. And perhaps reskins of hindu buildings and units for Sikhism. But wondering if there is a shrine already available or movies for each.

Yes! This would be great. Actually there are several religions I would love to at least have in the gamefonts.tga file (which I lack the ability to edit easily.) I do have the symbols and the Civopedia entries already.

The shrine for Sikhism is "The Golden Temple". Not sure if you should start with Hindu or Buddhist skins for Janism--historically it is related to both.

I can probably post a zip file with what I have tonight.

Eusebius

Yes! This would be great. Actually there are several religions I would love to at least have in the gamefonts.tga file (which I lack the ability to edit easily.) I do have the symbols and the Civopedia entries already.

The shrine for Sikhism is "The Golden Temple". Not sure if you should start with Hindu or Buddhist skins for Janism--historically it is related to both.

I can probably post a zip file with what I have tonight.

Eusebius

You should look at the Rapture art maybe. I made some Vedic units as well for a Vedic religion. I can do the gamefonts if needed as well.

I basically have the Vedic religion and cults as "aka pagan" before Buddha. Then Buddhist and Hindu denominations. So I was thinking of placing them into each group.

I am thinking of Jainism as similar tradition to Buddhism. Basically Jainism being the beginning religion for the Nastika line. So more similar looking to Buddhism

Sikhism I know is really different then Hinduism beliefs. But I thought include in as something continuing the Astika line. Of course though with a requirement somehow of requiring Islam as well to be founded. So more similar to Hinduism looking.

Anyway the art can be used by by everyone regardless.

You should look at the Rapture art maybe. I made some Vedic units as well for a Vedic religion. I can do the gamefonts if needed as well.

You have been tremendously more ambitious than I have in terms of variety of religions and graphics. My knowledge and tools are rather minimal for graphics; I don't have the slightest idea how to "skin" anything. I look forward to utilizing some of the work you have done on Rapture. (I am rather surprised that you don't seem to have button/dds files for all the icons in gamefonts.tga :confused:).

This file contains the dds files and text entries I had for my old mod. Anything further you decide to do in terms of building skins and units would be a welcome bonus, but I am practically ready to promise you my first-born child if you would add the dds images to the gamefonts file. You wouldn't believe how I struggled with that thing the first time around.
View attachment EusebiusReligions.rar

As I mentioned above, I did use the religion mechanism for diseases--some of these files reflect that.

Slavishly grateful,
Eusebius

I have began on the fonts. I will put all of them in the gamefonts, but I wanted to ask for some feedback. I think I can make some better dds images as well. I see you have just a plain square alpha channel. I just did Jainism and Sikhism with alpha channels that match the shape of the symbol. Anyway tell me what you think of these please.

I am not done. I am going to go through the rest of them as well.

I did the rest of the dds files that I do not already have something for in Rapture. I can do yours if you prefer over mine on those as well. I really did a change on the plague and typhus in these. Redid all of them though from new pictures except smallpox and aids.

If you are ok with these I will put them in the gamefonts. They will match the shape in the gamefonts as well not just a square.

I added those symbols above to the Gamefont files of RoM. I put the diseases at the very end. So here are the numbers on the font file for each.

Jainism-103
Sikhism-104
CaoDai-105
Tenrikyo-106
Secularism-107

Typhus-135
Plague-136
Smallpox-137
Aids-138

Well I hope they are to your liking.

The ones I am using for my mod that you have there are...

Catholicism-4
Zoroastrianism-26 or 28
Bahai-29
Hellenism-50
Mesoamerican-54
Shinto-78 or RoM added another at 96

First I want to thank you for creating your religion mod. My modpacks religion changes were originally heavily based on your mod's settings - I used it as a guide to make the religions more unique in my mod, though I couldn't merge the SDK changes since I'm not programmer.

In RoM I've discarded some BtS religion limitations. For example it had Cathedral buildings but when I added Hellenism, Kemetism (Amun-Ra), Zoroastrianism to the mod, I wanted these religions to have access to their 3rd building type earlier than the other religions so for that reason I added 4th building type called Pantheon which is used for Hellenism, Kemetism, Zoroastrianism. So what I'm trying to say is that we are not limited by the BtS system, we can define totally new building groups if needed - for example in RoM the Kemetism religion has 3 religious national wonders (for certain deitys). RoM has also religion specific promotions.

There's endless possibilities how the religion system in this game can be improved :)

Johnny, all these look awesome. :D I've been studying the modular XML and think I have it pretty well figured out. I am going to follow your lead in Rapture and put each religion in a separate directory with everything associated with it.

Just so I am sure I understand, adding additional religion fields as was done with "ParentReligion" requires an SDK recompile, right?

Thank you so much!
Eusebius

Johnny, all these look awesome. :D
Good. So the other symbols(that you are using as well I mean) that are used in Rapture are ok with you as well?

I've been studying the modular XML and think I have it pretty well figured out. I am going to follow your lead in Rapture and put each religion in a separate directory with everything associated with it.

I thought it was a lot easier. I may go back unpack the art still. The unit effects got packed into the fpk file by accident, and as well a new Zoro founding movie done by me and hrochland. Anyway I got a link for them in the Rapture thread.

Just so I am sure I understand, adding additional religion fields as was done with "ParentReligion" requires an SDK recompile, right?

Yes the Rapture code is separate and the ParentReligion was added to it. I posted all of the xml tags for Rapture. Buildings can found a religion and civilizations can start with a religion in it as well.

I ran WoC Lite Rapture alone 5 months ago and did not have a crash, but I can not guarantee it with the RevDCM merge. I have not had the time to test it enough in the RevDCM merge. It does load up everything. But I noticed a later game crash that may or not be the Rapture stuff in combination with RevDCM. I did have a crash because of the missing Zoro movie. I plan to send up another version when I get the chance to test out things more.

I am posting this question from Vrenir here so that we can work on it together.

Vrenir said:
As one of the original Religion-modding gurus, I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm trying to replace Taoism with Humanism for my long-term WIP mod.

I've successfully modified the GameFonts TGA, and all of that works correctly in-game. I've also found the icon I want to use (the Greco-Roman Coin from Warlords), have placed it in the folder Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/Religions, and linked to it in the Religions XML file. The icon shows up in the Civlopedia, but on the Religion Advisor, there is only a pink box.

I thought that it might be missing a Humanism_D icon file, so as an experiment, I copied another Name_D and retitled it Humanism_D. I expected that it would now show up as the greyed-out icon, but the box is still pink in-game.

Do you have any idea what my problem is? Does the Name_D file go in a separate folder somewhere? Is there a separate XML file that I need to find that links the correct grey icon?

Thank you for any help you can render. Currently, it's a rather glaring error on an otherwise fine bit of work.

What is funny is that I have the same problem in the BTS mod I'm working on, but I hadn't found it yet. :lol: Unfortunately, I don't have an immediate solution.

I find that if the religion has been founded, that the icon appears properly. See if that is the case with you. (You can found it by adding it to a city in World Builder.)

Looking at the Python, there are two different functions being called: "getButtonDisabled()" which does not work and "getButton()" which works. Here are the relevant statements from the two screens.

DOES NOT WORK:
screen.setImageButton(szButtonName, gc.getReligionInfo(i).getButtonDisabled(), self.X_RELIGION_AREA + xLoop - self.BUTTON_SIZE/2, self.Y_RELIGION_AREA + self.Y_RELIGION - self.BUTTON_SIZE/2, self.BUTTON_SIZE, self.BUTTON_SIZE, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1)

WORKS:
screen.addCheckBoxGFC(szButtonName, gc.getReligionInfo(i).getButton(), ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("BUTTON_HILITE_SQUARE").getPath(), self.X_RELIGION_AREA + xLoop - self.BUTTON_SIZE/2, self.Y_RELIGION_AREA + self.Y_RELIGION - self.BUTTON_SIZE/2, self.BUTTON_SIZE, self.BUTTON_SIZE, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1, ButtonStyles.BUTTON_STYLE_LABEL)

I remember that in my Warlords mod, I had three .dds files for each religion. Example: jainism.dds (64x64), jainism_1.dds (32x32, yellow) and jainism_D.dds (32x32, black + white). I had pretty much convinced myself that the last two were extraneous, but maybe I was wrong. Anyone know anything about this?

Eusebius

Good. So the other symbols(that you are using as well I mean) that are used in Rapture are ok with you as well?

Yes, they are fine. I will need the button (.dds) files though. I assume they exist somewhere?

I am using Rapture as a model to learn about WoC Lite and religions and to get some individual art files. But I am developing a module I hope will easily fit into all WoC based mods and so I won't really be building it on top of Rapture. A long way of saying no worries if the Rapture shell itself has some problems.

Eusebius

It should be just the same file with "_d" at the end. The only other difference is the "_d" file is normally desaturated.

So for example I have aboriginal 64x64 pixels, and aboriginal_d(desaturated) 64x64 pixels.

Here are all of the religion icons I have in Rapture. I did not do something special for them.

All of the art is in the Rapture1.fpk file that you do not see in the modules. The WoC will automatically still read the path as either from the Art folder under assets or as an art folder added in modules. The fpk file is still quicker to load is why Rapture was done that way. Just someone helping me did a little too much. Somethings have to be out of it though. Next version I send up I hope I can straightened that out.

Top Bottom