• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Religion in Multiplayer (specifically CO-OP)

Moebius Method

Chieftain
I plan on playing a lot of multiplayer games, mostly co-op when possible as I have a few friends who will be playing regularly with me. Will it be more beneficial for a team to all have the same religion or for each player on a team to have his own religion with the benefits of their own Holy City? (i'm sure that most ppl who would have the answer to this are too busy playing right now, but feel free to speculate with me)

The main effect of One state religion v. 2 state religions would be whether or not you wanted to share Allies

So if France and Germany are in a Co-op and they are
Both Hindu...then they will both easily ally with Hindu Rome

If Germany is Hindu and France is Jewish, then Germany can ally with Rome more easily then France can.

That is with regards to State religions
with regard to Founding a religion, more Holy cities on your shared territory are better. (so having one civ go for Hinduism and the other for Buddhism is a good idea if you think you can get them both...plus it helps ensure you get at least one of them.)

Thanks that is a question I was also curious about as I am also planning on playing mostly CO-OP. Seems like it may be better to try and snag two different religions. :goodjob:

I wonder how your AI partner reacts to you if you are a different religion? It would be a real bummer to have your own partner not helping since you are a different religion. hehe

Well EB Games sent my notice of shipment today. Hopefully tomorrow I will receive it in the mail.

Top Bottom