Religion Religion...

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
As you know Pagoda used to be the faith-building for culture, but that role has been further developed into a more overall diverse role where pagodas are best in cities with multiple religions rather than just a cultural building.

Buddhism (Stupa)
Catholicism (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Confucianism (?, although Mosque has a similar role game-wise)
Eastern Orthodoxy (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Hinduism (Mandir)
Islam (Mosque)
Judaism (Synagogue)
Protestantism (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Shinto (?, although Pagoda fits this role historically)
Sikhism (Mandir)
Taoism (Pagoda)
Tengriism (?, although Pagoda fits this role game-wise)
Zoroastrianism (?)

Of course I would make a mod for it, but I'm afraid the AIs won't be choose them because they might utilize different yields like Great General Points and Great Admiral Points.. etc maybe might even involve GPP with religion, but I wouldn't go so far.

I'm a bit confused, what would this modmod do?:)
Never a modmod, it was just a suggestion to add more religious belief to have more faith-buildings that correspond to the religion.

Buddhism (Sachal, Jeol), Confucianism (Seowon), Shinto (Jinja, Torii). Seowon is currently UB of Korea tho.
Confucianism is actually a thought rather than religion. So, it's hard to say something is religious building of Confucianism. Confucianism-related buildings have aspect of educational place not temple.

Last edited:
what if every religion had its own unique building ? similar as to how a lot of civs have their own

currently, when you choose belief, you can choose to build mosques or churches or so on, so you have to either choose whether you want to stay true to realism and build the the building that correspond with your current religion, or choose buildings with the yields and benefits that suit your empire.
what im proposing is this:
for example, if you choose islam, you can only build mosques, but, through belief choosing screen, you can choose what yields mosques give.

I also think it'd be cool if religions had their own world wonders, similar to how each ideology tenet has each own wonder!

I also think it'd be cool if religions had their own world wonders, similar to how each ideology tenet has each own wonder!
uhhh their reformation wonder?

As you know Pagoda used to be the faith-building for culture, but that role has been further developed into a more overall diverse role where pagodas are best in cities with multiple religions rather than just a cultural building.

Buddhism (Stupa)
Catholicism (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Confucianism (?, although Mosque has a similar role game-wise)
Eastern Orthodoxy (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Hinduism (Mandir)
Islam (Mosque)
Judaism (Synagogue)
Protestantism (Cathedral/Church/Order; depends on your interpretation)
Shinto (?, although Pagoda fits this role historically)
Sikhism (Mandir)
Taoism (Pagoda)
Tengriism (?, although Pagoda fits this role game-wise)
Zoroastrianism (?)

Of course I would make a mod for it, but I'm afraid the AIs won't be choose them because they might utilize different yields like Great General Points and Great Admiral Points.. etc maybe might even involve GPP with religion, but I wouldn't go so far.

You can modmod this - the AI does a 'sanity check' on the value of a building (as if it were constructing the building in a city), so as long as the building has a base of flavors to work with, the AI will consider it.

G

You can modmod this - the AI does a 'sanity check' on the value of a building (as if it were constructing the building in a city), so as long as the building has a base of flavors to work with, the AI will consider it.

G
I was talking about how they choose their beliefs.

After much discussion, the modmod will be incorporated into the CPMC with four new religion beliefs.

Halls of the Sage: Reduces illiteracy, +15% Great Person Rate Generation, +3 Faith. +50 Food upon expending a Great Person scaling upon era. (AI who are hungry for Great People will choose this belief)
Atash: Reduces boredom, +2 Culture, +2 Faith. 10% of the city's faith production is added to the science output. (Cultural AI for obvious reason)
Shinsha: Reduces crime, +2 Great Admiral Point, +2 Faith. +1 Faith from Coastal Tiles. (AI who loves navies wold prefer this)
Council of the Blue Sky: Reduces poverty, +2 Great General Point, +2 Faith. +1 Food from Plantations, Camps, and Pastures. (War AI who prefers expansion and infrastructure improvement will prioritize this)

whats CPMC ?
these look great though, I especially like Shinsha! (if im not mistaken, no other building in game gives great admiral points right ?)

whats CPMC ?
these look great though, I especially like Shinsha! (if im not mistaken, no other building in game gives great admiral points right ?)
Community Patch Mod Compatibility. Many people consider it "core" aside from the Community Events as it adds the processes(your production can now convert to faith, golden age points, tourism) along with adding policy buildings and the likes while adding balance aspects to some of the popular Steam Workshop mods that are easy to utilize.

Community Patch Mod Compatibility. Many people consider it "core" aside from the Community Events as it adds the processes(your production can now convert to faith, golden age points, tourism) along with adding policy buildings and the likes while adding balance aspects to some of the popular Steam Workshop mods that are easy to utilize.
ah what a cool mod! ill use it along with the upcoming version of CP! thank you :)

Jinja translates to "really" in Korean!
and Atash translates to "fire" in Persian. just curious, since Zoroastrians (Persia's ancient religion) in a way worship fire, is that why you picked it ?

Jinja translates to "really" in Korean!
and Atash translates to "fire" in Persian. just curious, since Zoroastrians (Persia's ancient religion) in a way worship fire, is that why you picked it ?
Correct. These temples have never made it into European times in Sphere of Influencing Asia and the Middle East, so I had to substitute.

Council of Blue Sky renamed to Aul.
Academy of Learning renamed to Xuemiao.

Last edited:
I actually once visited a Zoroastrian temple, supposedly the fire inside had been burning for more than a thousand years!
it had never been put out completely, but most of the time they only left a small flame burning.

Top Bottom