Religions mod for RoM 2.5/2.62

ASATRU RELIGION ADDED , INCLUDING THIS :
Spoiler:

- ASATRU Ancient japanese religion avaliable with feudalism

Its not japanese. Its the Vikings religion. ;)

Mod download Religions mod for RoM 2.5/2.62

Patch below to fix double playing of wonder movies and to show Temple of Toth wonder. It is a very small patch :) Since I go for amen-ra (or whatever it is now called) the movie not showing was bugging me.

I also figured this was probably a better place to discuss this modmod rather than take up the whole religion discussion thread.

Things I have noticed but haven't checked out fully. Just some notes not criticism ;)

Animism and Druid buildings are not showing up in the pedia. There is no equivalent (I think) to temples, monestries and cathedrals for these.

Tengri extra buildings are available even if it is not your state religion. SHAMAN'S YURTA, EJE SONG, TENGRI SONG, KING GESAR SONG. these may be temple, monastry and cathedral replacements but I am not yet sure :)

Thanks for the phyton i've just tried and it works fine.I'll reupload the file in a couple of weeks or so with this changes and any others coming from discussion.Now:

- What you mean about druidism and animism not showing in the pedia ?The religions are just there

- No , druidism, animism and tengri don't have temples , monasteries or cathedrals.Those religions are completely different to the others as they never build a thing in reallity ,so i decided to give no buildings to them , but somethings to balance as them , of course , have no wonders.
Them have just others things and those work in differents ways , like the missionaries power rol. Maybe i should have written a explanation of this in the pedia but is already writted in the README file attached to th zip.

- About tengri , it goes that way: it gets founded , but you cannot spread it until you make a tengri shaman , wich cannot be build until you make a shaman's yurta .For the other's "buildings" , yes , they are available even if the religion is not state . Why? because those are no buildings, but songs , and , in reality , those songs didn't come from any religious leader or so , but from the people , beeing in fact something more cultural than religious.
why make tengri your state religion then?Simply because if you don't you will have absolutly no happines bonusas those are all state religion happiness

Does this work with the mega pack?

@AAranda

Yes everything is showing in the pedia fine. I was just having a bad day with it I suppose.

I class any building that lets you build missionaries a monasteries because that is the main thing those buildings allow. Having said that the animism and druid spreaders of faith aren't missionaries are they :). Otherwise I would be able to build them with the right civic and they would have a spread religion action which they don't.

Tengri songs - it just seem wrong to be able to "build" them when it is not your state religion. Just a thought.

I played the Egyptians and went with Kemertism - I found the temples of Toth and Ptah to be very overpowered but that could just be the nature of that particular game. I had much luck - founded all but one religion. I was getting a medieval or renassiance tech every 3 turns with science at 40% - it may have been luck.

I just tried a few turns on Monarch... Animism was founded on turn 3... lol

Dancing Hoskuld: how do you manage with revolution to go for all religion? the second religion usually kill my empire...you beeline for the wonder that allow all religion civic?

@Soul oWar,

Simple, I don't play with revolutions on :). I always used to but there was a time when you could not, an alpha release of RoM and so I started playing without and raised the difficulty level.

I class any building that lets you build missionaries a monasteries because that is the main thing those buildings allow. Having said that the animism and druid spreaders of faith aren't missionaries are they :). Otherwise I would be able to build them with the right civic and they would have a spread religion action which they don't.

Tengri songs - it just seem wrong to be able to "build" them when it is not your state religion. Just a thought.

You have to think different for the new religions ...and i think this is a very good thing.Do you really like 17 religions doing just the same and beeing different just by the name?

I played the Egyptians and went with Kemertism - I found the temples of Toth and Ptah to be very overpowered but that could just be the nature of that particular game. I had much luck - founded all but one religion. I was getting a medieval or renassiance tech every 3 turns with science at 40% - it may have been luck.
I think that if you used khemetism as state all your game long , then the new wonders were not too much.But if you founded and used all the religions but one , well...now every religion have special bonuses and a couple of powered new wonders . Of course , if you had 16 religions , builded all buildings getting their bonuses , builded the wonders ( about 35 religion's ones ) , and builded the prophets shrine of all of them , you won easilly. Religions were not supposed to be hold for the same player , in fact , it was made looking for many civs having one religion and beeing not overpowered by others civs.
Of course this is a matter of difficult level and speed level.

I just tried a few turns on Monarch... Animism was founded on turn 3... lol

Yes , and druidism in turn five.Those are quite early religions , thats why don't spread but using missionaries. Anyway is not a matter of difficult level mainly , is the speed level what affects the most.
I know tohse are quite extreme levels but you can try gods maker handicap and eternal speed:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11962

Oh I have no problem with... I play snail gigantic map with 20 civ... having religion spread across the globe is awesome... I always go for only one religion...it up teh challenge.

I love your mod so far. I just can't settle on the religion I want for my civ...

And does he AI handle well the 2 religion that don't spread?

I installed this mod over my RoM 2.5 and am getting the following XML errors on startup of the game:

Tag: PROMOTION_PANKRATION in Info class was incorrect.
Current XML file is: modules\custom religions\aaranda'sreligions_civ4buildinginfos.xml

and

Tag: PROMOTION_COASTAL_GUARD1 in Info class was incorrect.
Current XML file is: modules\custom religions\aaranda'sreligions_civ4buildinginfos.xml

The game seems to run fine though - but I'm worried I could run into problems later. So wht do these errors mean?

Oh I have no problem with... I play snail gigantic map with 20 civ... having religion spread across the globe is awesome... I always go for only one religion...it up teh challenge.

I love your mod so far. I just can't settle on the religion I want for my civ...

And does he AI handle well the 2 religion that don't spread?

Yes , the AI manage it quite well . I made a test : i let the AI found druidism and then i founded all the others religons to give them no chance but druidism , then igive a new city to the AI and waited for it building choice. It was even better than i thought : the AI made a worker , then a spearman and then a druid , wich went running to spread druidism to the new city.
Unfourtunally it seems that the AI doesn't use druids/shamans like war units as far as it is able to build spearmans , missing at all the defensive strenght of druids/shamans.Anyway , this is quite a minor miss as their live like war units is very short

I installed this mod over my RoM 2.5 and am getting the following XML errors on startup of the game:

Tag: PROMOTION_PANKRATION in Info class was incorrect.

and

Tag: PROMOTION_COASTAL_GUARD1 in Info class was incorrect.

The game seems to run fine though - but I'm worried I could run into problems later. So wht do these errors mean?

I'm very sorry mate it's my mistake.
Both pankatrion and coastal guard promotion are new s in RoM 2.6 versions.I reworked buildings that give those free promotions that not exist in 2.5 version do the error logs are going to appear every time you load the mod . There's no posibility of any kind of problems during the game , THAT IS FOR SURE , but , of course , the buildings are not going to give you the promotions and you'll keep receiving the annoying message in every load.
Sorry again , i didn't realized that when i said the mod was 2.5 compatible.

On the religion screen, the symbols for your new religions do not show up until the religion is founded. Instead there is just a blank magenta box where the symbol should be.

It is known the magenta box (Well I believe I saw it mentioned in the other religion thread...)

Ok and do they use shaman and druid to build their building (I knew they would spread the religion but I am not sure they will do the building)

Until now once you found a religion and convert to it there was no need to change religion ever. With this mod there are advantages to changing religion depending on the circumstances.

Three things to note: a shaman costs half as much as an early wonder, a druid costs 2/3rds as much as a wonder and there doesn't seem to be any Tengri wonders or national wonders - but I have been getting lost int the civpedia of late :)

Top Bottom