[MOD] Unable to Launch C2C v43.7

SSBN

Chieftain
Greetings,

I'm unable to launch the latest version (v43.7) of C2C mod. In Addition, I installed the C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave scenario file. I'm using Windows 10 OS Home 64bit Laptop. Instead of launching the mod, I'm getting the following error message:

View attachment 668190

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions to solve this problem. Thank you.

Best regard,
SSBN

Greetings,

I'm unable to launch the latest version (v43.7) of C2C mod. In Addition, I installed the C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave scenario file. I'm using Windows 10 OS Home 64bit Laptop. Instead of launching the mod, I'm getting the following error message:

Load Error
"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions to solve this problem. Thank you.

Best regard,
SSBN

Load Error
"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"
You failed to install mod correctly

Installation guide:
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.
2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS.
If its located there - delete it from that place
So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!
3. If game is on system drive "c:", then you need to run as admin.

raxo2222,

I downloaded the game via Steam. In the path.....C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS. There is no Mod in it; in other words, the MOD folder is empty. This is the Steam path where I placed the mod.....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos_v43.7\Assets. The Assets folder is in the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder. I'm not sure if the mod's folder name has to be renamed from Caveman2Cosmos_v43.7 to just Caveman2Cosmos. Please let me know. Thank you much, raxo2222.

Best regards,
SSBN

raxo2222,

I downloaded the game via Steam. In the path.....C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS. There is no Mod in it; in other words, the MOD folder is empty. This is the Steam path where I placed the mod.....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos_v43.7\Assets. The Assets folder is in the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder. I'm not sure if the mod's folder name has to be renamed from Caveman2Cosmos_v43.7 to just Caveman2Cosmos. Please let me know. Thank you much, raxo2222.

Best regards,
SSBN
As said in instructions it must be Caveman2Cosmos

raxo2222,

My apologies for the previous error. That was not the original error. The error was the following display after the mod was successfully launched. The error was related to the scenario, C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave. The path is......C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\PrivateMaps\C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave. After selecting the scenario from the Caveman2Cosmos scenarios list, the following error message shows:

1690706283433.png

The error message reads:
"Failed to read worldbuilder file
"mods\caveman2cosmos\privatemaps\c2c-uem-bypit2015-v5.7.civbeyondswordwbsave" "

click OK.

After clicking, the screen takes you back to the desktop screen.
This is the actual issue I wanted to ask you. My apologies for the redundancy. Any help you can come up, I'll be very grateful! Thank you very much raxo2222.

Best regard
SSBN

raxo2222,

My apologies for the previous error. That was not the original error. The error was the following display after the mod was successfully launched. The error was related to the scenario, C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave. The path is......C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\PrivateMaps\C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave. After selecting the scenario from the Caveman2Cosmos scenarios list, the following error message shows:

View attachment 668280

The error message reads:
"Failed to read worldbuilder file
"mods\caveman2cosmos\privatemaps\c2c-uem-bypit2015-v5.7.civbeyondswordwbsave" "

click OK.

After clicking, the screen takes you back to the desktop screen.
This is the actual issue I wanted to ask you. My apologies for the redundancy. Any help you can come up, I'll be very grateful! Thank you very much raxo2222.

Best regard
SSBN
You have wrong version of map, get correct one.

raxo2222,

I used a lower-scenario version:

C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.1.CivBeyondSwordWBSave form C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V5.7.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

However, I still got the following error message:

1690757942927.png

Do I need to lower the scenario version? If so, where can I find a lower-scenario version? Thank you.

Best regards
SSBN

Attachments

• 1690755241734.png
    1690755241734.png
    507 KB · Views: 11
I've had similar issues before, and it's very annoying to fix. You need to reinstall Steam, the game, and the mod in a custom location of C:\steam .

Some of C2C's filenames are so long that adding "Program Files (x86)" makes them too long for the code to read and results in all kinds of weird errors.

Some of C2C's filenames are so long that adding "Program Files (x86)" makes them too long for the code to read and results in all kinds of weird errors.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos works fine for me. :king:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos works fine for me. :king:
Yep, that works fantabulously, and is what everything is designed around.

But for us steam users...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

is too long.

Yep, that works fantabulously, and is what everything is designed around.

But for us steam users...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

is too long.
Can't you literally just RIP the whole Civ folder out and put it nearby for a shorter path?
Or does the actual Civ EXE demand Steam folder access and thus can't be placed elsewhere?
Like you can see, I don't play Civ via Steam, so I don't know.

Steam is incredibly finicky. It might be possible to do as you suggest, but when I was faced with these problems, reinstalling directly in C was how I fixed it.

Top Bottom