Religious Prosecutor suddenly unusable?

Danarca

Chieftain
So I'm playing as Spain, going for the UHV, unfortunately there's some pesky unwanted religions in some of my cities.
But the Remove Religion button (Or what it's called, can't remember) doesn't pop up.

I don't got Free Religion selected, and even changed to Divine Monarchy, Religious Law and Theocracy just to see if that had anything to do with it.

The year is 1568 if that helps.

The sourceforge help didn't reveal anything on this, and a search on the forums reveal nothing.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it didn't help.
The game is saved using the beta 4 release.

Attachments

• spain_rfceu_r.prose.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 69
I got that problem too. Does one of the cities you try to purge contain a wonder that requires a specific religion? In that case you cant purge it (and lose the UHV).

Edit:

Toledo: Dome of the rock, islam
Sevilla: Temple mount, judaism
Pamplona: Round church, orthodox

You cant win UHV.

Why is it that the religion must stay if there's an associated wonder? Historically, Spain was able to remove Islam from Andalusia despite the Mezquita - just picture the wonder being reused for the new state religion or falling out of active use.

I got that problem too. Does one of the cities you try to purge contain a wonder that requires a specific religion? In that case you cant purge it (and lose the UHV).

Edit:

Toledo: Dome of the rock, islam
Sevilla: Temple mount, judaism
Pamplona: Round church, orthodox

You cant win UHV.

Thanks, no documentation on that, I feared so, but my Hungarian cities can't be purged either =/

Why is it that the religion must stay if there's an associated wonder? Historically, Spain was able to remove Islam from Andalusia despite the Mezquita - just picture the wonder being reused for the new state religion or falling out of active use.

Mezquita doesn't require religion. The Islamic Wonders require Arabic Knowledge, that is how they are most common to Islamic nations. Only Dome of the Rock, Temple Mount, Round Church and St. Sophia require non-Catholic religion. In Beta 5, those also require the corresponding religion to be a state religion (except Temple Mount). This leads to Dome of the Rock being the only potentially problematic wonder for Spain. (that and Portugal discovering the Printing Press)

Mezquita doesn't require religion. The Islamic Wonders require Arabic Knowledge, that is how they are most common to Islamic nations. Only Dome of the Rock, Temple Mount, Round Church and St. Sophia require non-Catholic religion. In Beta 5, those also require the corresponding religion to be a state religion (except Temple Mount). This leads to Dome of the Rock being the only potentially problematic wonder for Spain. (that and Portugal discovering the Printing Press)

Is there a way to tell what religion it requires? I'm always really confused

Umm... civilopedia :)
There is an icon of the religion if it's required for the building

On the other hand, for me the requires state religion lines are still missing...

Just a missing line in the civilopedia for the recently changed buildings, that states they require state religion too
(not just the religion present in the city, you also have to adopt that as state religion)

Top Bottom