Remnants of Altrea Development Thread

Is this mod still in development?
I hope theres been progress, Deanj did excellent work on his Star Trek Mod, and i hope to see another great mod on the way!
Are you going to take the Star Trek Approach on units, where its basically the same type, but it scales up, like Light 1 Light 2 Light 3 ect.

More or less. It's going much slower than it could for two reasons:
1. I'm doing an internship this summer, so my time is more limited than it could be
2. I'm currently going through a lot of stuff trying to figure out how to make it ready to change from FFH to ROA; least fun part, so it can be hard to get motivated to do it.

Additionally, units/buildings/techs haven't been done yet (and I haven't had much inspiration on them besides what's posted here) making this even harder. Kinda hard to get from point A to point B without knowing how you're going to get there.

It's probably also a lot of work messing with all the cows and sheep and bison and moose and such.

What do you mean "its Remnants of Altrea, not Ruminants of Altrea". So, no moose at all?

Not until genetic engineering and terraforming at least. Note that dry ice is an early/mid game resource.

Yeah i got the Star Trek Mod to Work, i played a Game as Evil Spock on Easy, now im deciding which civ to play next.

If I Can figure out how to Script Python, ill help if u need it, im making a mod right now for Star Wars: Empire at War

I've been thinking about this lately, about why it's taking so long. I was thinking that it was just because removing the tangle of XML/python references isn't fun, but it's not just that. The main reason is because I don't have units/buildings/techs to fill in. I was hoping to get these things done by the community but that didn't really happen, and with little to do after removing FFH stuff, it's hard to get motivated to get that stuff done. Give that I've been so busy otherwise and I'm thinking of switching to Linux as my primary OS (thereby requiring a restart for modding) I'm thinking of letting this fade away and retire from modding civ4 (which I had planned to do after releasing this mod anyways). Just wanted to post something before making any final decisions.

Ill be sure to try it out.

Civ has been going meh for me, because the gameplay system takes so frikken long! Its not as entertaining. I have Empire and Napoleon Total War (With mods ofc) and the combat system is just supiorior.

Top Bottom