[GS] Remove/Disable Faith

CyberPhy

Warlord
Anyone know of a way to disable or remove faith points from the game?
Im trying to disable pantheons but so far I have not had much success, I dont know if there are any game files I could change to do this .

Any help is appreciated

The larger problem is that Faith is one of the base yields baked into the game's systems, and from/to which so many other elements of the game work. Pantheons, Religions, Holy Sites and their faith-buildings, "religious" city states as well as the military city-state that allows faith-purchasing of city-center buildings, as well as other interlocking parts of the game. Without the Faith Yield systems, Great Prophets, Missionaries, Apostles, etc., would be useless and unavailable which might or might not cause the game to CTD at points wherever an ai tried to do anything faith-related.

If you wanted to get rid of the effects of Pantheons (but players would still select Pantheons altho they would have no effect) you could remove all the modifiers for Pantheons in table <BeliefModifiers> in file
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data/Beliefs.xml
But then you would also have to check that the code within the expansions don't add more Pantheons or adjust the effects of any Pantheons within the files of the two expansions. Whether this would caused the game to CTD or otherwise wig out from there not being any actual effect for selecting a Pantheon is something you would have to find out the hard way.

The larger problem is that Faith is one of the base yields baked into the game's systems, and from/to which so many other elements of the game work. Pantheons, Religions, Holy Sites and their faith-buildings, "religious" city states as well as the military city-state that allows faith-purchasing of city-center buildings, as well as other interlocking parts of the game. Without the Faith Yield systems, Great Prophets, Missionaries, Apostles, etc., would be useless and unavailable which might or might not cause the game to CTD at points wherever an ai tried to do anything faith-related.

If you wanted to get rid of the effects of Pantheons (but players would still select Pantheons altho they would have no effect) you could remove all the modifiers for Pantheons in table <BeliefModifiers> in file
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data/Beliefs.xml
But then you would also have to check that the code within the expansions don't add more Pantheons or adjust the effects of any Pantheons within the files of the two expansions. Whether this would caused the game to CTD or otherwise wig out from there not being any actual effect for selecting a Pantheon is something you would have to find out the hard way.
Well would it be possible to just remove faith points or atleast always have it set to zero?

Ok so I did find a way to partly remove the pantheon, by using the Player Start Faith Boost mod I was able to change the starting Faith value in the mod to -99999
So it mostly removes Faith and Pantheons from the game

Perhaps you could give all players a -100% (-1000%?) Faith modifier to prevent any and all Faith gain. The game won't bother anyone with Pantheons, Great Prophets and Religions if there's zero Faith gain.

A couple secondary things you'd need to do is find a way to disable the construction of Holy Sites, and then make Rock Bands purchasable with Gold. Perhaps disable Stonehenge too.

Top Bottom