Remove my2K EULA and button

Lord Yanaek

Emperor
Just found out how to prevent the useless my2K EULA from popping up when you start Civ6. You can perfectly disagree with that EULA and still play the game as it's a totally different service, but it will come back each time you restart (or at least it started doing it for me recently).

EDIT. Just to make it clear, this doesn't skip the intro screen (the screen with only one "continue" button), if you want to skip the intro screen, see this post from Chinese American )
The rest of this post describes how to remove the my2K pop-up that shows after you click continue on the intro screen (it gives you the option to agree or disagree with the my2K ToS, but at least if you disagree it will show again each time you launch Civilization6). It might be related to where you live and your local privacy protection laws as some users never encountered that particular pop-up. I also provide instructions to remove the my2K button from the bottom-right corner of the main menu screen.
It's likely doing this disables the my2K service or makes it non-functional, but i don't use it and don't plan to. If you use my2K don't follow this guide!

If you comment out (just add -- at the start of the line)
Code:
--FiraxisLive.SetUIReady()
in SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FiraxisLive\My2K.lua
then, the my2K agreement popup will stop showing when you launch the game

If you really want to get rid of my2K, you can do the following modifications to remove the ugly button from the main menu.
Comment out
Code:
<!--     <Container    ID="My2KContents"    Anchor="R,B"    Offset="5,5"                Size="128,75">
        <Image                                            Anchor="R,B"    Offset="-345,-195"    Size="700,400"        Texture="Controls_Glow" Color="9,57,93,255" />
    <Grid                                                Anchor="C,B"    Offset="0,-10"            Size="parent,32"    Style="DropShadow2"            Color="0,0,0,100"/>
    <Button        ID="My2KLogin"        Anchor="C,T"                                            Size="128,64"            Style="My2KLogoButton"    Disabled="1" />
    <Label        ID="My2KStatus"        Anchor="C,B"  Style="FontNormal12" ColorSet="ButtonCS"  String="TXT_KEY_MY2K_MODE_ANONYMOUS"/>
  </Container> -->
and
Code:
<!--    <LuaContext        ID="My2K"                                                    FileName="My2K"                                Hidden="1" /> -->
in Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.xml
(comments in xml files start with <!-- and end with -->, the above code shows the commented state)
Finally comment out
Code:
--    Controls.My2KLogin:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, OnMy2KLogin );
--    Controls.My2KLogin:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eMouseEnter, function() UI.PlaySound("Main_Menu_Mouse_Over"); end);
near the end of Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.lua

Those modifications need to be done directly on the game files as mods can't load on application start. They will probably be lost after a patch, and will definitely be lost if you "verify game cache" from the steam client.

Also see this post from Chinese American to skip the intro screen

Last edited:
What is this supposed to do?

I assumed it was going to skip the Agree to EULA but it doesnt for me.

What is it changing if not that?

What is this supposed to do?
It prevents the PopUp asking you to agree or disagree with the my2K ToS from showing up when you get to the main menu (after the intro screen). The rest removes the my2K button from the lower right corner of the main menu.

If you want to skip the intro-screen (the screen with just one "continue" button) and get the main menu directly, then see the link at the bottom of my post.

Personally i've done both as skipping the intro screen still left me with one useless EULA. I don't use my2K so no way i will agree with ToS for a service i don't use.

I would have to revert my changes to give you a screenshot of the removed PopUp

Ok thanks.

There is no additional pop-up in my game anyway so nothing to fix there.

I'll take a look at removing the continue thanks

Well, i never had that popup for about 2 weeks and then it started showing every time i launched the game. I guess it's related to where you live and your local privacy protection laws. Anyway, i had enough of this after a few days so i searched for a way to get rid of it. What i did probably disables more than just the pop-up but i don't care about the entire service.

Top Bottom