Removing a religion

erikg88

Warlord
Hi guys - I did a search for this topic, and found somebody who asked this very same question a month ago. Unfortunately, it was less than enlightening, so I decided to ask you guys.

After due consideration, I'm thinking that my mod would be better if I only had 4 religions in it. So I'm looking for a way to remove the religions icons from both the city bar and the religion screen. If nobody can come up with a way to do this, I suppose I could just blank out the icons and such in GameFont, but that might lead to some hideous formatting.

So I leave you with this: an insincere thanks for reading, and a very sincere thanks if you can help me out.

Thanks! (That's the insincere one)

erikg88 said:
Hi guys - I did a search for this topic, and found somebody who asked this very same question a month ago. Unfortunately, it was less than enlightening, so I decided to ask you guys.

After due consideration, I'm thinking that my mod would be better if I only had 4 religions in it. So I'm looking for a way to remove the religions icons from both the city bar and the religion screen. If nobody can come up with a way to do this, I suppose I could just blank out the icons and such in GameFont, but that might lead to some hideous formatting.

So I leave you with this: an insincere thanks for reading, and a very sincere thanks if you can help me out.

Thanks! (That's the insincere one)

The first religion in your CIV4ReiligionInfos.xml file mnatches up with the 1st icon on that line in your GameFont.tga file. The 2nd with the second, the third with the third, etc.

So if you are removing the last religion in your CIV4ReligionInfos.xml file it is very easy. Just remove the religion and you are done (the icon can remain in the GameFont.tga file but it won't be used). If you are removing any other religion you can eaither do the shuffle (move every religion to the right of it in the GameFont.tga file left one), or you can replace it with the last religion (moving the last religion to its slot in the CIV4ReligionInfos.xml file and the GameFont.tga file).

I hope that helps.

Top Bottom